Dragon Age Inquisition PC - Where to buy

atiamd

Adept
Hi, I am looking to buy a copy of Dragon Age Inquisition for PC. It is not launched in India due to whatever dumb reason (brahmin for fallout 3 and gay love for this one)lol.

Does anybody know where to buy it from? On Amazon India, it is listed at 1499 which is too expensive and I am not sure if it will work even.

The base game is on sale for $6 and GOTY for $14 right now in Origin, if you know how to access the US store via VPN. I would highly suggest getting the GOTY, the DLC is critical to the story. You can also try some authorized reseller sites.

GOTY for $14 sounds very nice. Thanks man. I'll check it out[DOUBLEPOST=1511430614][/DOUBLEPOST]Bought the GOTY for 17 usd from origin USA via a friend. Downloaded and played for a couple of hours here in India. Thanks so much

Last edited:
I returned the game after playing through the prologue. What a messed up game. Its even worse than DA 2. PC controls are pathetic. This game is meant to be played with a controller and even then its not easy to play. The battles play more like hack and slash than proper cRPG (like it was in DA:O). Graphics were wonderful though, its a shame the gampeplay is pathetic. :sad

Pity. I actually liked the story, characters and the soundtrack. Yes controls are weird in PC, hold right click to change direction etc. Got used to it after an hour or two. Had a humongous amount of filler though.

Holding right click for change direction is okay, as it was in DA:O. I don't mind that. The thing that bummed me out was how the tactical camera is handled. When you pause the game, the screen doesn't move with mouse. You have to press shift to pan the camera, which I never got used to. DA is meant to be played out in tactical view for combat. Plus, you can no longer pick up things if they are a little far from you. You literally have to walk over there to pick it up. Again, totally counter intuitive. In DA:O, the character used to move wherever the loot was once you click on it. ETC. ETC.

Due to all this, the combat reduced to real time that too with a controller. You cannot dodge in RPG game and not in this one either. But, good luck with the melee bosses..

Good game, bad controls. Totally out of the spirit of DA. I dunno whats going on with Bioware these days. EA is prolly poking too big a nose in their work...

Tactical camera was a travesty in DAI. I ended up never using it, it was just too dysfunctional. Maybe once or twice during some dragon fights. But in spite of all that it was the last piece of decent writing from Bioware. They added story elements from DAO and DA2(which I won't spoil here), and the returning characters make for an interesting story. Also wraps up the ending of DAO with the Eluvians, the child and Morrigan's mother and sets up DA4 very nicely.

Now with the utter failure of Andromeda I am afraid how much budget the DA team will get from EA. We'll see.

Back