Driver Finding software

anish_sha

Skilled
I have a sony vaio netbook which came pre installed with windows 7 starter , now i have formatted it and loaded windows xp.. i cant get the drivers for windows xp from sony's website.. i managed to install the intel graphics driver but sound and wireless are still not installed i am not able to find the model number of the both. in the device manager it just shows unknown device.. how to find it? any software?

Get something like Lavalys.EVEREST software.. run it and you will know what exactly with model no and other things.. will make easy for you to search

eBro

installed all the drivers,, cant get the wireless adapter driver :-(... the network adapter is still a ? in yellow in device manager, everest is also not detecting it...

do you know what is the vendor of your network adapter? you can try installing either drivers from realtek of broadcom, generally these vendors provide the network solution in laptops :)

There is a different method for finding the driver, please go to Device Manager and then for the device displaying yellow mark, find the hardware ID for it and then you can google it or check in the Microsoft Catalog, let me know if you need more info.

tommy_vercetti said:
There is a different method for finding the driver, please go to Device Manager and then for the device displaying yellow mark, find the hardware ID for it and then you can google it or check in the Microsoft Catalog, let me know if you need more info.
pci\ven_168c&dev_002B this is id...

Hey dude its simple to find ur driver
some steps to follow for ur driver
1.go to win 7 driver on same model no on its website c what its chip name v
and then google it around u will get driver for the same
u need name of chipset for ur wireless like broadcom or linksys so its on the name u can search u have to get name of win7 driver it will work like charm. or on the same vaio website u will find the driver go for some older model they will have same chip and it will have win xp driver

Back