Video DTH Guide with Indian perspective

Discussion in 'Consumer Electronics' started by tarun, Sep 12, 2006.

1. techno_funky

techno_funky Well-Known Member
    Adept

yeps read that ,will surely turn out to be a costly affair :(
    and hey Nice Guide by the way :)

2. Nikhil

Nikhil Well-Known Member
    Adept

Nice guide !!!

REally really neat !!! Extremely simple to understand too.....

3. zhopudey

zhopudey Well-Known Member
    Adept

I don't understand why you are cribbing. DTH is the stepping stone for pay-per-view shows, movies on demand, and interactive TV (maybe some of it is already implemented yet). How can you have this unless each TV is directly connected to the service?

4. techno_funky

techno_funky Well-Known Member
    Adept

i think you dint get it ,well i was saying that say peeps have 4 tv's in thier house now wouldnt it be a costly affair
    every tv will need a box each 4*4000+200+100+100+100 =16500
    16k for cable come on man :p

5. OP
    OP
    tarun

tarun Active Member
    Adept

Just wait for a while and give those guys some time. It will come down gradually as the DTH penetrates across the country.

6. sunbiz_3000

sunbiz_3000 New Member
    Adept

Im sure the cable CAS will b a cheaper option, but the cable guy has worst quality. They seem to use the worst quality cables and hence the clarity just sucks!! Have heard some place that it'll cost Rs.5/- per channel.

7. OP
    OP
    tarun

tarun Active Member
    Adept

CAS will be far better than what we get currently from Cable operators as that's also digital. Yes 5 rupees have been set for per pay channel and 77 rupees for all FTA channels. Read Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Pay channels fixed at Rs 5/ each in CAS regime for more

8. archer_0042000

archer_0042000 New Member
    Disciple

^^ CAS still sucks.Chennai has CAS and the experience there is far from satisfactory.Cable operators are good for nothing.Period.

9. zhopudey

zhopudey Well-Known Member
    Adept

Thats what I'm saying. :p TVs will no longer be just dumb displays, hence each TV will need individual connection. So, the high cost is obvious.

What I'm hoping is, as there is no subscriber under-declaration problem in DTH, as more and more people jump on the bandwagon, costs should hopefully come down :D
    Edit: And, its 16500 only for the first month, and just 700p.m. after that.

10. anand_chris

anand_chris New Member
    Recruit

11. OP
    OP
    tarun

tarun Active Member
    Adept

Don't think if the ones from Dish TV and Tata Sky can be modded. But the more generic ones can be used to view other FTA channels.

12. vijayshimla

vijayshimla Well-Known Member
    Adept

This is the best DTH guide in Indian context- i was wanting to put up a DTH dish on my apple orchard and my confusion has been totally cleared- it has to be a Dish TV.

13. OP
    OP
    tarun

tarun Active Member
    Adept

14. Monssri

Monssri New Member
    Recruit

Hello All,

Recently taken zee's dth. How to tune bbc world. Please give me the procedure.

Thanks,

Monssri

15. phoenix007

phoenix007 New Member
    Disciple

^^BBC world has become a pay channel and is no longer free to air.

16. jdutt

jdutt New Member
    Disciple

Which is better TataSKY or DishTV ?

17. PhotostarSR

PhotostarSR Well-Known Member
    Adept

18. robertjohn

robertjohn Well-Known Member
    Adept

19. spyral

spyral New Member
    Disciple

If you go with a DTH provider, is the picture aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9?

Also, can the signal be routed through an HTPC should I chose to set one up. Ive read that cards based on ATI's 550 and 650 chipsets are available in India and will probably be what I use.

Im not sure if this would work but if you could hook one of these up to your system it would be awesome.

20. phoenix007

phoenix007 New Member
    Disciple

^^It will be 4:3 not 16:9.

I am not too sure about this but i believe you can do that.But you may have to pay Rs.100 for the second connection.Anyway why don't you call up tata sky and confirm this??? And post back!
    Where are you getting the Slingbox from????