"Dual screen" LG V10 announced - SD808; 4GB RAM; 3000mAH; microSD

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
faCuaQv.jpg

bcuyC4I.jpg

LG has announced its new flagship, the LG V10, quite silently (not intentional, most probably). While the world has been discussing the Google announcements of two days ago, LG disclosed its newest flagship. Some of its standout features include:
  • A 5.7" QHD primary display, along with another small 2.1" 160 x 1,040px display on the top, which can display notifications, or other important info or just any customizable text.
  • Stainless steel frame and thick silicone rear cover - the device is MIL-STD certified for shock resistance
  • SD 808 (disappointing.. but might be a good choice, considering the mixed results with SD 810) with 4GB RAM
  • Two front cams (yes.. 2 separate cams) - both 5MP - one for a routine selfie, and the other wide-angle cam for a group selfie.
  • Rear 16MP, f 1.8 cam with OIS
  • Rear power button with fingerprint scanner
  • A 3000 mAH removable battery and microSD slot
  • Dedicated DAC for improved audio output
No news about the pricing yet. The device looks hot.. But I guess it will be priced in the premium segment.
E6hzyTf.jpg

been following this for the past two days... few of the most interesting things that got me intrigued...
1. SD Card :D
2. ESS Sabre 9018C2M digital to analog converter chip inside, as well as a 9602C headphone amplifier :nailbiting:
3. manual control of all the cameras in photo and video
4. Shock resistance

faCuaQv.jpg

bcuyC4I.jpg

LG has announced its new flagship, the LG V10, quite silently (not intentional, most probably). While the world has been discussing the Google announcements of two days ago, LG disclosed its newest flagship. Some of its standout features include:
  • A 5.7" QHD primary display, along with another small 2.1" 160 x 1,040px display on the top, which can display notifications, or other important info or just any customizable text.
  • Stainless steel frame and thick silicone rear cover - the device is MIL-STD certified for shock resistance
  • SD 808 (disappointing.. but might be a good choice, considering the mixed results with SD 810) with 4GB RAM
  • Two front cams (yes.. 2 separate cams) - both 5MP - one for a routine selfie, and the other wide-angle cam for a group selfie.
  • Rear 16MP, f 1.8 cam with OIS
  • Rear power button with fingerprint scanner
  • A 3000 mAH removable battery and microSD slot
  • Dedicated DAC for improved audio output
No news about the pricing yet. The device looks hot.. But I guess it will be priced in the premium segment.
E6hzyTf.jpg
Specs look pretty good, but implementation of the dual screen functionality should be looked into. LG has struggled a lot in implementing their innovative features previously. LG watch was doing the same functions as small second screen, it could have been bundled free with the phone instead.

Any other android smart watch can do the same functions, Pebble steel could go on for 5 days with screen always on.

This device has a touch of freshness about it. Def a better recommendation than the Edge display phones.
I hope LG starts making a mini model of it, even if it is without the second display.

LG's V10 promotion -
Free battery, charging cradle, 200gb SD card - All worth $300 is now live.

I think a pretty good deal for people who can avail it.

Looks really good an I'm tempted, but the dual screen thing seem gimmicky, it seems like it is a laborious way of implementing MS/Nokia's glance tech, everything else looks really promising albeit expensive :)

Back