Dual sim Andorid---I589 or Desire VC

Tarunalpha

Disciple
  • Hi,

I want to buy Dual sim (CDMA-GSM) android phone. My usage will be internet on GSM sim(no 3G) and Heavy calling on CDMA( Tata Indicom).

I have already considered two phones but both dont support Data connection on GSM sim as according to the user opinions. But i have seen GPRS and EDGE on the specifications of both the phones. And GPRS and EDGE works on GSM. Thats why i'm confused right now.

Please can anyone help me in this to confirm that whether these phone support data connection on GSM??

Below is the template:

1. Q: Budget?
    A: 10-20K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
    A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
    A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
    A: no preference

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
    A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
    A: no preference

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
    A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
    A: GSM, GPRS

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
    A: Heavy roaming calls and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
    A: Dual sim CDMA-GSM(internet)

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
    A: Galaxy ace duos i589/HTC desire VC

HTC Desire VC is one of the best dual sim phone which runs on Android v4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich OS. It comes with 5 mega pixel camera and long battery life. It has support up to 4 GB storage and 512 MB RAM, HTML and Adobe Flash Lite browsers, 4.0 inch Capacitive touchscreen etc.

^
thats OK sir, but my query is that does desire VC support 2G GSM Internet? as many users complaint about that it does not support internet data on GSM and only on CDMA.

But in specs given in GSMarena it is given that it supports GPRS!! Can someone clarify on this?

I am very late in joining this discussion... however, i would like to know which one did you buy finally?
I bought the Samsung one and not at all happy with the performance. however the internet speed in CDMA is not an issue. I closed the 3G account from vodafone and moved to the Reliance CDMA data ..this is also blazing fast.... the HTC is now available at about 18-19K...but before i spend the 18-19k, need to know how good it is :)

Sorry for disregarding the info that you've filled out in the template and suggesting you this phone: Huawei Ascend Y210D - Huawei: Flipkart.com

Not only does it save money for you...it has a big enough screen for your internet work. It has a very good battery life. And well, just for me, the other two phones in your contention don't seem to command the price that they're charging. Samsung one has got really bad reviews almost everywhere. However, all that being said, or if I may have wasted your time: here's a link where you can buy Desire VC from for 15+something K HTC DESIRE VC ANDROID 4.0 DUAL SIM GSM + CDMA MOBILE PHONE + WARRANTY | eBay

Thanks for sharing your views creative420. I completely agree with you. Did not know that the Huawei had been launched. pl let us know if you have come across any reviews for this phone.

No dude. Guess you'll have to rely on rating and reviews of Flipkart which seems to be very positive (however, I kinda don't trust them). But given its price, it doesn't seem like a big risk. You can also call up Croma or Reliance Digital or some other major store and go check it out if they have it.

However, with HTC Desire VC you'll get a decent snapper, and a newer OS. But that won't be of any use if your requirement is just browsing and calling.

I am also in look for a GSM + CDMA mobile. I zeroed on Motorola XT800. Its available for around 10000 rs. Main specs below:

480 x 854 pixels, 3.7 inches
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Corning Gorilla Glass
512 MB RAM, 1 GB storage
microSD, up to 32 GB
5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash
550 MHz Cortex-A8
PowerVR SGX530

Its availability is low. I could find it in stock in Snapdeal

Motorola Milestone Price in India | XT800 Specifications, Features and Reviews

Back