DUAL SIM Android ? (List included)

Praks

Skilled
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Touch

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, LG, Motorola, Anything good

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen, No QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Good Cam & Flash if possible

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android 2.1 & up

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Dual SIM Must

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: All Listed below

Here is my shortlisted list

GSM+CDMA

Motorola XT800 15,699

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (SCH-i589) CDMA and GSM - dual-SIM Dual Active technology 16,900

GSM+GSM

LG Optimus Net Dual GSM+GSM - 3.2-inch - 10,049

Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GSM+GSM, 3.14 Inches - 8990 (Screen is just too small)

HTC T328w Wind

Motorola XT531

Thing I noted, GSM + CDMA, Only CDMA SIM Can have internet. GSM Internet you cant use it.

Only Galaxy Ace Duos has dual-SIM Dual Active but sadly its GSM + CDMA (Not aware of any good CDMA plans) so would prefer GSM + GSM

Is Samsung launching Galaxy Ace Duos for GSM + GSM ?

Please help..

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking for a good dual-sim phone, with a decent camera, and screen resolution.

None of the phones on your list are very good. The LG's screen is too small, the Samsungs either have a very poor screen resolution or/and they have problems with letting you use use the SIM you want the way you need. All the cameras on the phones record movies only in VGA resolution.

AFAIK, the HTC T328w Wind and the Motorola XT531 aren't available in India.

Then you have the Spice Mi-350n, the Micromax A73, A75 and A78.

All of the above have similar internal specs, a slowish 650mhz processor+ about 256MB RAM and cameras capable of capturing video at about 720*480 pixels.

They all have front facing cameras as well, and 3.5" or greater HWVGA screens.

But their battery life sucks, and their warranty/service is questionable.

Also, none of them will get an ICS update.

The are cheap though, costing between 7-8 thousand. But not worth buying at this time. I'd suggest waiting till ICS devices based on 1Ghz are out before buying a dual-sim android. But I'm a guy who doesn't like changing phones every few months. If you like upgrading handsets often, then you may want to consider these phones.

AFAIK, there are 2 dual SIM androids from Samsung. Galaxy Ace dual and the Galaxy Y dual. Both, AFAIK, are GSM + GSM. Shall check and reply.

Well, tis not the galaxy ace dual but the Y Pro dual. my bad
<

@ch@ts & @vivek.krishnan

Thank you for inputs.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos sounds good as it has dual-SIM Dual Active. Very good features but one needs to have GSM + CDMA

This is the only Android touchscreen I found with Dual active.

How is Motorola XT800 ? Dont you think Samsung Galaxy Y Duos screen is too small ?

Yes, the screen size for the duos is on the smaller side. I used a samsung pop yesterday, which has the same screen size as that of the duos.

But IMO, see if you can get a hands on experience before buying. The screen size may look small, but it means one hand operation is quite easily achieved. This was a deal breaker for the guy who got it for his gf
<

Already have Samsung Galaxy Y for one of relative, Screen is just to small.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos is good looking & same as Single SIM Ace, Big screen. Any idea who are good CDMA providers with SIM Card ?

Already have Samsung Galaxy Y for one of relative, Screen is just to small.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos is good looking & same as Single SIM Ace, Big screen. Any idea who are good CDMA providers with SIM Card ?

There are only two CDMA service providers available at present viz TATA & Reliance.

Check out their call, data plans & coverage before thinking of buying a CDMA handset.

Do update here on whatever you buy.
<

Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos has dual-SIM Dual Active, thats quite rare in touch screen phones.

So need to take one CDMA SIM now
<
Why there is no GSM GSM in Ace
<

Is Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos same in screen size as Samsung Galaxy Ace ? Bit confused on it.

I know you mentioned your brand preferences, but if you are open to trying a 'different' brand, I would suggest you consider the Karbonn A9.

I have made a small post on my impressions of the Karbonn A9 and Spice Mi-425 (Stellar) in the Spice thread here on TE. Do take a look.

@Pat
Thank you, I read your view. Do both of these phones have Dual SIM Active ?

All i am worried about spice & karbon is after sales service. Samsung is very good at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
another alternate is HTC Desire C. Currently it is priced same as Ace Duos (both are overpriced) but at least better than Ace Duos in some areas. Better processor (MSM7225A is better than MSM7227T. also supports ARM v7 instruction set), Android 4.0 out of box (don't expect any update), more internal memory and light. though screen is small. Looks nice.

@iknowledge
Sorry never heard of such phones in India.

Checking out following ones as of now,
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos S6802 (GSM + GSM),
Karbonn A9 - Rec by Patt
Spice Mi-425
HTC Desire C

Last edited by a moderator:
Back