Less than 10K Dual SIM office phone

Doremon

Adept
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: Not more than 10K. Company gives 7k ..

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above. Though not liking VERY BIG screen... Should be easily accommodated in pocket.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Kitkat (4.4) and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails, internet and music.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM must.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: No idea at all. Presently, using Sony Xperia ZR.

Just picked up the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser, 16 GB internal from Flipkart in the last sale. Works like a charm, and has good specs as well. Got it for 8100/- in the sale, MRP now shows as 9999/-

I not preferred Samsung, Asus, Lava etc etc.

Sorting Moto G, Lenovo K4 note, Lenovo vibe P1.

Fast processing, max storage, long battery, light & thin are main concern since habituate with Sony Xperia ZR using from last 1 year...

Which 1 should I opt from above? ...or any other ?

Well my cousin has a Redmi 2 standard model. He claims that he hasn't faced any problem (things like lag, heating etc) even though he puts it to intensive usage (so take his feedback with caution) but said battery life is below his expectations. Some people don't like to say bad things about their phones. :p

Brought Moto G 3rd G. Awesome phone.
Some queries:- (1) Very few default apps like Flipkart etc. Any shortcuts to download all essential apps at once.
(2) where is music & file manager?
(3) getting slightly heat up while charging the phone.

Any other info I should know as a new user of Moto G

Last edited:
Brought Moto G 3rd G. Awesome phone.
Some queries:- (1) Very few default apps like Flipkart etc. Any shortcuts to download all essential apps at once.
(2) where is music & file manager?
(3) getting slightly heat up while charging the phone.

Any other info I should know as a new user of Moto G
1. No. Download as per your requirement from play store
2. Default music app is google play music. You can download additional players if you want. You will have to download third party file manager from play store
3. If it does not affect the functionality of the phone, do not worry about it. Phone heating up is just over rated. People want all the processing power but no heat.

No standby mode in Moto G?!!
Not getting second call intimation while talking on phone.
Also, no missed call shown in call history, after call completed.
From both the SIM (number), caller gets busy tone while I am talking!!

No standby mode in Moto G?!!
Not getting second call intimation while talking on phone.
Also, no missed call shown in call history, after call completed.
From both the SIM (number), caller gets busy tone while I am talking!!
What you are expecting, that is known as Dual SIM active mode. In that, both sim's remain active even when you are having a voice call on one SIM. Most phones have Dual SIM standby mode. When there is a voice call going on, the other SIM becomes unreachable. You can setup call forwarding on the other SIM though to get a crude type of Dual SIM active phone.

When there is a voice call going on, the other SIM becomes unreachable.
Really strange! Then there is no meaning to carry dual SIM... I mean, incoming option ruled out for both the SIM function simultaneously. In this world, how come any one afford to become unreachable when he has already reached to other mankind!!... And that too he could not get even missed call intimation !!

Really strange! Then there is no meaning to carry dual SIM... I mean, incoming option ruled out for both the SIM function simultaneously. In this world, how come any one afford to become unreachable when he has already reached to other mankind!!... And that too he could not get even missed call intimation !!
If you are making a call using SIM 1 and you get another call on SIM 1 then your new call will be able to know that you are busy in another call and you will get missed call notifocation.
But if you get call on SIM 2 then you will be unreachable.

But if you get call on SIM 2 then you will be unreachable.
Really amazing shits!

Have feedback also that your mobile number is switched off!!!... Whereas I have never switched off Moto. Browsing speed is slow compare to old phone - ZR Sony.

Any specific requirement / difference between SIM1 and SIM2 functionality.? I put personal SIM in slot 1 while official number in SIM2. Presently, 80% usages on official (Tamilnadu) and 20% for SIM1 (Roaming, Gujarat). Hope I am doing ok....!

Should I upgrade to MM version?

Last edited:
Back