Dualband Gigabit wifi router for 1,800 sq.feet home

Detox101

Disciple
Hi

I need to buy a wireless router for my home with the following requirements.
  1. Budget - upto 5k
  2. Type: ac router with at least three antennae
  3. Non-modem router. The one that takes LAN cables as input.
  4. Router will be used to browse the internet, stream HD content and play multiplayer games online.
  5. Should be dual band router.
  6. Should have good enough range for a 1,800 sq ft flat.
  7. Should be able to handle 10 devices at least
  8. Should have at least one USB 3.0 port
  9. I am not interested in modifying the router(custom firmware, etc).
I have not shortlisted any routers.

Please suggest me a few options

I am sailing in the same boat as OP. But only thing is I want to change my router FW from the stock FW's. I have gone through a few of em.
http://www.amazon.in/D-Link-DIR-850...qid=1449508245&sr=8-1&keywords=dlink+dir+850l
I Found this one to be a decent performer for the price, but you might have to compromise on USB 3.0 to USB 2.0.
I already have a ASUS RTN13U running ddwrt. Mine is duplex, I would be placing the new router on the first floor and Asus Router on the ground floor as a repeater.

I've been using the Asus RT AC 51U dual band router for a week now. Bought it for less than 3.5k. It lacks gigabit ethernet port and usb 3.0(has usb 2.0). Streams HD videos from phone to TV (via Teewe 2) without any hiccups. File transfer speeds are reasonable over the 2.4g (n) network. Decent coverage throughout 3 floors of ~ 1100 sqft each and across the garden too. Has 3 x 5dbi antennas (incl one internal pcb antenna). Doesn't heat up or get clogged even with the 24x7 usage and 8-9 devices connected. Worth a shot imo.

Back