Duke Nukem Forever - Discussion thread

This game is going to be a hit, I am sure of it. I have my faith in gearbox. Its not often we see this kind of tongue in cheek humor in video games. There are probably going to be many technical issues with the game including dated graphics but if the gameplay or the presentation is anywhere close to what we have been seeing in trailers, its going to be accepted by the fans world over. I want this to succeed because if successful, this would make for a killer future franchise.

Even the original Duke Nukem game was kinda behind in graphics department compared to other games in it's era. iD software was ruling the gaming world with new innovative graphic advancements. But what made Duke Nukem so much fun wasn't it's graphic. Duke rocked because of it's tongue-in-cheek humor, slightly raunchy content and lot of 80's action movie cliches in the game. I'm kinda glad that they are keeping those elements in DNF and then some, instead of concentrating on just making it pretty. That's the heart and soul of Duke Nukem and that's what is going to bring the fun to play it. :)

If it continues the legend of Duke Nukem 3D series then I can say it will be the father of all games released/release in 2011. :) This game is unique in its own way.

Guys got a nice deal for this game (IF it ever releases that is).

Deal is here - Buy Duke Nukem Forever (Game, PC) at Best Price in India

Already at a discounted price of Rs 444 and if you add the coupon code RCOMLSB you can get the game for only Rs. 377.

I pre-ordered it with Cash on delivery.

Now for all the non-pirates out there. That is a SUPERB deal. Plus the game is Steam enabled so another neat addition to the steam library.

From the looks of it, its not looking too good for Duke. The early previews from all critiques have been disappointing. While the critiques have appreciated the games tongue in cheek humor, they have also criticized its lack of innovative gameplay. The graphics are already looking dated and now with plain and bland gameplay, Duke might not just cut it for people who have been anticipating this title from a long time. I think more than anything else, it was the hype which killed duke. I am expecting not more than 7.0 rating for this game from leading reviewers. Lets see if it was worth the wait.

P.S : I would suggest against pre ordering this one. The deals look good, but you still wouldn't want to play a below average game when you can save your money for some great existing and upcoming titles. :)

Bluffmaster said:
P.S : I would suggest against pre ordering this one. The deals look good, but you still wouldn't want to play a below average game when you can save your money for some great existing and upcoming titles. :)
Come on dude, only Rs. 377. You would spend atleast half the amount of that on electricity while "sourcing" the game :p

Back