DVB-T in India

jennifer123

Disciple
Friends,

I have purchased a DVB-T TV Tuner card from ebay. But unfortunately it didnt find any channels. I have tried different softwares, but no use.

The seller is now telling that, it will only work in europe. But I heard Chennai has DVB-T Channels from DD.

Is anybody here, who are using DVB-T in india? Will it work in india. I am just asking your help as I am going to buy another card. (my current Tuner has EC 168 chipset)

No sir,

I heard India has DVB-T signal in Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and somewhere. There are 5 channels available like DD News, Plus etc..

But unfortunately i didn't receive anything in Chennai. I am just need your feedback - if anyone else using DVB-T in India?

DVB is in India for sure!!(DD channels etc.)

When Nokia N77 was released, it had inbuilt DVB-H(andheld) and u could catch and view DD channels on it easily!:)

Maybe the one u bought works with European channels only?!
maybe something to do with the frequency!

DVB-T is present in India.

I know its there in Mumbai and Delhi. You should try calling the DD offices in Mumbai or Delhi to find out if its available in Chennai.

It broadcasts 5 DD channels.

I myself have experimented with a DVB-T receiver from Pinnacle in Mumbai. The problem is that the signal is not very strong. Only when I was close to the broadcasting tower (Its in worli Mumbai) it worked, otherwise there was no signal.

i hope it scan almost all available frequencies and the EC168 chip is what all the tv tuners have those are made in china.

I am just looking for any input from users how have used DVB-T in Chennai.

Jennifer123,
Whether you got any DVB-T signal in Chennai ?
I am working in Bangalore . I am not able to receive any DVB-T Signal here.

I am using Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro-330e USB Stick.
If you have any transponder info please share it here.

Thanks in Advance
Santhosh

Yes, un-availability of DVB-T signal in Bangalore, i got to know from TRAI India Govt.

But is there any way to get DVB Stream ?

Which i can feed to Pinnacle PCTV 330e device for my furhter study on DVB Stack .

Can any one help me out?
Regards,
Santhosh

jennifer123 said:
Friends,

I have purchased a DVB-T TV Tuner card from ebay. But unfortunately it didnt find any channels. I have tried different softwares, but no use.

The seller is now telling that, it will only work in europe. But I heard Chennai has DVB-T Channels from DD.

Is anybody here, who are using DVB-T in india? Will it work in india. I am just asking your help as I am going to buy another card. (my current Tuner has EC 168 chipset)

There are 5 channels in Chennai and I have tested them in my CAR DVB-T receiver, I dont get sound in 3 of the channels and it works wothin 10-15 Km of the DD tower

There are 5 channels in Chennai and I have tested them in my CAR DVB-T receiver, I dont get sound in 3 of the channels and it works within 10-15 Km of the DD tower. But the time of broad cast are not regular, they turn on my 11AM and turn off at 7PM and some days never turned on

-Saba

In which area of chennai its working for you?

Any idea about the frequencies of this channels?

Also any idea where ever we have DD towers in chennai?

jennifer123 said:

Long time back I saw scroll giving the frequency. It was in 600Mhz range and modulation was QPSK. DD tower in Chennai is located in Sivanandha salai. Near Chepauk Cricket ground.

jennifer123 said:

hi jennifer,

how r u doing.

Are you able to scan some dvb-t channel in chennai or not.

Regards,
satman

DD DVB-T works only in small pockets of major cities. Its still experimental - has been so for a while now. It doesn't look great either - no difference from normal analog broadcast. Not worth the time and effort.

Back