Windows DVDs not running with Windows10?

Emperor

Skilled
Hi,

My Nephew bought some Educational DVDs and found that working ok with Windows 7 (at sellers place with Windows Media Player), but not working with Windows 10 (Even unable to run with Windows Media Player from Win10 ...)

I try VLC, PowerDVD16, MPC-HC, KM Player and few FREE Software from Windows10 App Store but all are fail to run it... what to do... any suggestion for good Software?

Thanks

From where did he bought it? If they are from different region then they are region locked and unfortunately you cannot play them here.
Also if somehow you have changed your dvd readers regions that also can pose this issue.

From where did he bought it? If they are from different region then they are region locked and unfortunately you cannot play them here.
Also if somehow you have changed your dvd readers regions that also can pose this issue.

Bought from Mumbai for Pune Board Syllabus and try to running at Mumbai only

May be some issue with your dvd. drive. Is it able to read those dvds. Can you browse it via exploring the drive contents?

Try to dump the whole disk to some folder and and in vlc open that folder. Chapters will play in sequence.
I recently used some new players but since I'm out right now will let you know them by tomorrow some time. Till then experiment.

Try to dump the whole disk to some folder and and in vlc open that folder. Chapters will play in sequence.
I recently used some new players but since I'm out right now will let you know them by tomorrow some time. Till then experiment.

sorry for delayed reply... actually it was windows10 setting that don't allow me to save any file program etc. on C: drive.... I googled and do one setting (set it OFF.. sorry I forget what exactly I did) and it's DONE! now dvds are working OK as it should be... thanks for your reply FRIENDS

Great! Do let us know that setting. Was it done inside registry?

The problem has been solved., by doing following...

It was happening because I once turned on the Controlled Folder Access in Windows Defender which was by default turned off. I just opened the Windows Defender Security Center >> Virus and threat Protection >> Virus and threat Protection settings >> "TURNED OFF" the Controlled Folder Access option and it did my job. Source

Back