Graphic Cards DVI- HDMI help, DVI-VGA issues.

I have HD 4890, which came with a DVI-HDMI adapter, but sadly, it is not working. Can some one please forward me to a store which sells this adapter?

And I have another query. I am now using DVI-VGA converter connecting rig to my HDTV. But the problem is, the maximum resolution I am able to get is 1600x1200. While my TV is a Full HD thing. Is this a issue with the DVI-VGA adapter I am using?
thanks.

What is your HDTV brand and model number?

Even my Toshiba fullHD LCD TV doesn't support 1080p over VGA, I use an HDMI cable for that. Most of the TVs support FullHD over VGA though, so check your TV's manual.

You can get the DVI-HDMI adapter online or your local computer hardware vendors. In Mumbai lamington road would be the goto destination. I'd suggest you use an HDMI cable directly if possible instead of the adapter as the cable might be cheaper. 150-200 Rs for 1.5 metres HDMI cable.

vamsi_krishna said:
I am now using DVI-VGA converter connecting rig to my HDTV. But the problem is, the maximum resolution I am able to get is 1600x1200. While my TV is a Full HD thing. Is this a issue with the DVI-VGA adapter I am using?

thanks.
Why ur using DVI-VGA converter, ur monitor does not have DVI port???, If NO try connecting the DVI cable and check the resolution.

pr0ing said:
What is your HDTV brand and model number?

Even my Toshiba fullHD LCD TV doesn't support 1080p over VGA, I use an HDMI cable for that. Most of the TVs support FullHD over VGA though, so check your TV's manual.

You can get the DVI-HDMI adapter online or your local computer hardware vendors. In Mumbai lamington road would be the goto destination. I'd suggest you use an HDMI cable directly if possible instead of the adapter as the cable might be cheaper. 150-200 Rs for 1.5 metres HDMI cable.

acXes said:
Why ur using DVI-VGA converter, ur monitor does not have DVI port???, If NO try connecting the DVI cable and check the resolution.

I have a LG LH60YR A.K.A. 32" Jazz Theatre. It supports 1080p over VGA as by my Nvidia card (9400gt without any Adapters). But HD 4890 didn't had any VGA/HDMI ports. All it has is, 2 DVI ports and a S-Video port. And the real problem is, it is detecting my HDTV as a "Generic non PnP monitor" which is making me to run at a non native resolution of 1600x1200 and a aspect ratio of 4:3 making things look really ugly.

And TV didn't had any DVI port, it has only a VGA port.

And, getting a HDMI cable for 200rs is not that good. As i will be running my computer for several hours in a day, and it has to carry some high B/W signals. I already have a decent quality HDMI cable biting dust in my home.

Back