Audio E5 Amp - how much amplification?

bchat

Disciple
Hi,

Got my Head Direct RE2 + Fiio E5 combo today from lynx.

This is my 1st Amp, and my 1st impression is a bit disappointed :( ! When I connect the E5 to my iPod, I am seeing a 20 - 25% amplification to sound volume. Is that normal, or there is some issue?

Plz help...

Bchat

depends.. with eeepc 4g / small PMPs / mobile(not tested) and HD595( little high impedance phones ~ 50 Ohm) it works amazing for the cheap price. Though noise addition is also their, thats why I don't use with main PC (Xonar DX SC)

foruamit2004 said:
depends.. with eeepc 4g / small PMPs / mobile(not tested) and HD595( little high impedance phones ~ 50 Ohm) it works amazing for the cheap price. Though noise addition is also their, thats why I don't use with main PC (Xonar DX SC)

When you say "works amazing" how much volume amplification are you talking about?

I got it to improve the bass quality of the RE2 as so many suggestions goes. It will be paired with iPods

@bchat Are u using the amp with the RE-2 or any other earphone??.If ur using with Re-2 you have to wait for the RE 2 to complete the burn in period( usually about 100hrs).Use pink noise and white noise and burn them up, do not put the vol umeanything more than 25%.

Try using the E5 +ipod combo with any other earphones ,there will be a huge difference. I have the RE2+ E5 combo they sound amazing.

Back