E55 or E75?

random2

Adept
Have been thinking of getting one of these. Any suggestion on these would be helpful in making a decision. Im not really sure if e55 is worth the wait. Not sure when they are going to hit the market.

My usage -
call time 60-90mins/day
Not too much, but moderate usage of messaging, would also want to add some PIM work once I get one.
GPS
One important reason im going for a symbian phone is to do some python coding on it for fun. And maybe some app dev.
90% of net usage on it will be through wlan
Maybe 4-5hours of mp3 play in a week
Might bring in some minor work related stuff into the mobile

Have listed out few pros and cons of both, but cant really decide for now. Wish I could try out an E55 somewhere.
E75 adavntages -
Full QWERTY keypad
Metal body
Bigger mem card with the package
Might be cheaper by atleast ~500 compared to E55 when its released
Is available now

E75 disadvantages -
A slower processor compared to E55 369mhz afaik
Slider - I tend to use mobiles till they almost die. So concerned about how long the slider works fine

E55 advantages -
Faster processor 600mhz afaik
Better battery life compared to E75
More compact and lighter than E75 - Not that im a big fan of slim phones

E55 disadvantages -
More of Plastic construction
Is not yet available
2gb mem card compared to 4gb with e75 (not a big con though)

I dont like the wide bodied ones like e71, e63 etc.

The problem is, no one is sure when E55, E72 and the likes are going to be released. Just dont want to keep postponing.

random2 said:
I dont like the wide bodied ones like e71, e63 etc.

The problem is, no one is sure when E55, E72 and the likes are going to be released. Just dont want to keep postponing.
I think E55 is already out in the market in some countries. E72 was delayed at the last minute due to problems with the firmware. Nokia has said that it will release the E72 next month.

IMO, the E75 >>> E55. However, if you want a small petite E series, what's wrong with the regular E52?
Plus, I remember reading somewhere that the E55's call quality was horrible due to a buggy implementation of noise cancellation technology.

^^ Both E52 and E55 are plagued with software as well as hardware problems... head over to the nokia forums to check it out

I really doubt that these phones will be launched this year in India...

Actually I think dat these phones will be skipped for the Indian market totally ... but dats just me :p

The only difference that you will find perceptible in both of the handsets by Nokia is the keyboard. The E55 has compact QWERTY keyboard, on the contrary, E75 has not only full slide-out QWERTY keyboard but also numeric keypad.

Because of this difference, the E75 is much thicker than the E55. Apart from them, both handsets have full Nokia Maps and support N-Gage gaming service. Both Nokia E55 and Nokia E75 have many similarities and one of them is that both have an emphasized mobile messaging orientation.

To sum up, both Nokia E55 and Nokia E75 are useful and wonderful in their own way. You can buy anyone of them as per your choice and requirement:eek:hyeah:

NeViLLe said:
^^ Both E52 and E55 are plagued with software as well as hardware problems... head over to the nokia forums to check it out

I really doubt that these phones will be launched this year in India...

Actually I think dat these phones will be skipped for the Indian market totally ... but dats just me :p
Why is that? There is definitely a market for the E52, given its traditional keypad, E-series design and classy design. The E55 is definitely a niche product - maybe only ex-P1i and BB Flip owners will buy the phone. ;)

The E55 is already on univercell for 18K. (which is too much btw, considering that the higher end E75 costs less than that!!)

Thanks for the replies

NeViLLe said:
... but dats just me :p
Yes, I did check them up yesterday.

halo_3 said:
The E55 is already on univercell for 18K. (which is too much btw, considering that the higher end E75 costs less than that!!)
If you see carefully, just the booking is open. And its the same for E72. I have not seen a E55 anywhere. And yes, E75 will be cheaper than the E55 release price. I have mentioned that in my first post.

Only major advantage with E55 is the faster processor(a 369mhz on E75 vs 600mhz on E55). And ive seen quite a few people complaining of E75 being slow. But more I check out E75, more I like it. Im still not sure but might get E75 over this weekend.

Ok, I got E75. Has been a real good phone in last ~3days. Havent had much time to explore all the features but whatever Ive tried, its worked without any issues.

@abhijit266 - Both are same in terms of software packages they come with.

PROs for E75 - Full QWERTY, 8gb mem card bundled

Cons for E75 - a slow processor 369mhz, 1000mah battery

Pros for E55 - faster processor - 600mhz, Light weight, slimmest business mobile, 1500mah battery

Cons for E55 - Still not available in the market, semi QWERTY (compared to E75), heard that its quite buggy, some applications are almost unusable because of different key layout.

And ive already posted that I got E75.

Back