Eaget M880

This is a very good media player as i personally own it.

But there are few things i want everyone to know

The internet radio function is kind of useless since the firmware is hardcoded with chinese radio stations (personally tested), earlier version of firmware had support for shoutcast but now it is not there. If there is a way to get unix access to its kernel then shoutcast stations can be added through that. Geek way you see.

Also i guess for accessing the torrent client of the player using our PC (to add torrent), the interface is broken and never opens and hence only option to add torrent is to put the .torrent file in the harddrive and select from there. I will try to test this over the weekend and let you all know.

The download speed of torrent is limited to 1 Mbps max as of firmware M880-V7.2.5r2528
I will try loading latest firmware but their forum (chinese) states that it has some issues.

9 in 10 wmv files wont play so never bother to download those 1080p WMV, instead get the H264/mkv rips.

Although this player is same as AC Ryan POHD, its firmware does not work on this. I have tried this and since AC Ryan has kept this check it does not work.

But this player is real value for money and plays almost everything thrown at it. I am personally using this since october 2009. I have a 1TB WD Green HDD ported inside. I also had tried to stream content from my laptop to this player over wifi using Tversity (something similar name) and it worked fine.

raksrules said:
This is a very good media player as i personally own it.

But there are few things i want everyone to know

The internet radio function is kind of useless since the firmware is hardcoded with chinese radio stations (personally tested), earlier version of firmware had support for shoutcast but now it is not there. If there is a way to get unix access to its kernel then shoutcast stations can be added through that. Geek way you see.

Also i guess for accessing the torrent client of the player using our PC (to add torrent), the interface is broken and never opens and hence only option to add torrent is to put the .torrent file in the harddrive and select from there. I will try to test this over the weekend and let you all know.

The download speed of torrent is limited to 1 Mbps max as of firmware M880-V7.2.5r2528
I will try loading latest firmware but their forum (chinese) states that it has some issues.

9 in 10 wmv files wont play so never bother to download those 1080p WMV, instead get the H264/mkv rips.

Although this player is same as AC Ryan POHD, its firmware does not work on this. I have tried this and since AC Ryan has kept this check it does not work.

But this player is real value for money and plays almost everything thrown at it. I am personally using this since october 2009. I have a 1TB WD Green HDD ported inside. I also had tried to stream content from my laptop to this player over wifi using Tversity (something similar name) and it worked fine.
Thanks for your input raks. I wanted to knw if WMV playing Issue can be resolved through a Firmware upgrade later on? Is there any news of it on their forums etc(if it exists)

^^ For some reason it never played any of my WMV files. I have absolutely no clue why and i am not 100% sure but firmware upgrade even wont solve the issue. Have not tried anything WMV lately and also i really dont care much about it since i really dont have any WMV files.

Also AFAIK, Play On HD also had/has this issue. Not sure though.

So guys i updated my eaget M880 to latest firmware 3877

6ptfyf.jpg

They have added a youtube and youku (chinese video sharing website) interfaces :yahoo:

Check..i can search on youtube and youku both. But for some reason none of the youtube videos play :( Youku ones play fine.
Best part is that on youku although 99% content is chinese, there are hindi movies, songs etc also uploaded.

Video being played over youku (not youtube, see chinese symbol on right hand top)

Torrent downloading happening on my eaget M880

PS: Ignore time on screen..it is wrong :ashamed:

Back