ebay.in set to become expensive

Desecrator said:
LOL I second that! Each time I see his post, I laugh at them at the expense of his avatar.

:rofl:
Well he is following your foot steps of spamming :p.Most of his posts are useless and way to OT .

Shripad said:
Amazon is not only for stuff they themselves sell.
Others and even individuals can sell their stuff through amazon.

With amazon, if you are log into your account and add the item in your cart, then the item you added in your cart stays in your cart unless you remove it. Maybe this is what malhortaraul wanted to say.
Its not really inconvenience as you do get confirmation page before you are taken to checkout.

Even big shops like buy.com, tigerdirect etc sell through amazon. This is really beneficial to someone like me who do use mail forwarding services. Shops like buy.com / tiregerdirect do not accept Indian CC directly through their portals. But you can buy though them using amazon and use your indian cc and get the item delivered anywhere in the usa or directly to you if its non electronic item.
Thx

Shripad said:
If amazon comes to India, nothing like it. But there is no news at all about future possibility of this from Amazon.

Ebay Indian is bonkers to do this revision in FvF pricing. This could backfire in a big way. They either need to go back to old system or reduce paisapay fees. This will basically mean that ebay pricing of items will be wayyy off from real street pricing. They have been on the higher side, but now it will be stupendously high.
I fear if amazon comes to india they will become just like ebay, the selection will be quite reduced because of all the paperwork hassles here. And the 3rd party stuff sold won't necesarily be cheaper than ebay which to me has always seemed on the higher side. So it won't add more competition it would be a losing proposition for amazon in fact.

Put it this way if you live in a tier-1 city, ebay.in isn't worth it, the shops if you know where to look will always be better but if you live in a tier-2 city or lower then ebay might be the only option there is.

One good thing I noticed about amazon was the price of items in the shopping cart are always updated. example - If you bought a dvd for USD 30 and did not check out. After few months if there is a sale and the dvd in your cart is part of sale the dvd price shows the new price instead of the original usd 30 with a note saying the price has fallen and so on. Nothing like this on ebay since i think each item has a specific time of listing and price. So even though in new listing if price falls, then it will not show new price in the shopping cart.

I wonder why none of the big retailers venture into this business. Someone with a good distribution network and warehouses/stores in various cities could easily do this. They could even save on the shipping and do home delivery in cities where they have a presence. I guess the internet penetration in India is still not good enough to generate the volumes to make this lucrative.

On second thoughts, bigbazaar does have an e-com portal futurebazaar.com but the prices there aren't very competitive. I'm sure they could easily do much better if they wanted to. Doesn't look like they're really interested in promoting this.

Back