EBharatGas - beware of online payment

6pack

ex-Mod
They have messed up the site by putting a very short session time out.

By the time you make payment via credit card (after waiting less than 15 seconds for card otp) and their payment gateway goes back to their site to give payment confirmation, their site throws the dreaded session time out error. So your card is charged and they themselves closed the door to payment confirmation in some stupidly short time.

Last time I did the payment it went through properly, but this time it was very weird. I basically flew through the cc gateway without wasting any time and yet I got this error.

Sent them a complaint, no reply from them. Govt companies are shit.

Edit: Even browsing the site while logged in, it does the same. It just throws you out randomly saying session expired. What a crazy site. Some dim wit must've programmed the time out without any testing.[DOUBLEPOST=1498566186][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit 2: all the screenshots i gave them probably helped. the status of payment turned to success when i saw it now some time back.

Last edited:
I have HPGas connection. Just by looking at their website, I don't really have the guts to go for online payment. COD for gas. I don't want that 5rs discount. :)

COD - it's not just about the 5 bucks discount. What about the cashless digital India acche din BS? Can't do sh!t without cash. At all the railway counters they've put up nice printed colour sign boards saying you can pay by card. And then added in permanent marker "only for season ticket".

Well I have Indane and I do online payment for gas booking. The Rs 5/- discount is no discount as I end up paying Rs 6.5/- as payment gateway charges :p. Their site is somewhat better and I haven't faced any issue in making online payment.

No matter you book online or offline, that delivery boy won't stop asking 20 rupees minimum as tip.

And this one cannot be avoided as it's bad idea to disappoint the delivery guys. :)
They don't deliver afterward stating nobody at home to receive, and after 2 such attempts (!), the cylinder would return.

And this one cannot be avoided as it's bad idea to disappoint the delivery guys. :)
They don't deliver afterward stating nobody at home to receive, and after 2 such attempts (!), the cylinder would return.
Do not fall for that trap. They already charge you for the delivery. It is around 30 to 40 rupees per cylinder sometime ago. If you go to the dealer and collect yourself you will get the delivery charge discount. Also, if they refuse delivery after 2 such attempts then you simply book again. You keep doing it as many times as you want. It is a head ache for them not for you as long as you have an extra cylinder.

Also, remember, you have the power to complain to the authorities and they take note of the complaints. I have HP connection and whenever I complain the HP dealer calls me the same day and begs me to call him directly the next time I have an issue instead of logging an online complaint with HP. The link to online HP complaint is: https://myhpgas.in/myHPGas/HPGas/ComplaintFeedback.aspx

I don't think the system will allow you to book new cylinder in less than 15 days. If cylinder goes back, and you try to book, they will ask you to carry in the old cylinder and take the new one yourself. They aren't going to keep sending delivery boy for someone who is "not" at home.

I don't think the system will allow you to book new cylinder in less than 15 days. If cylinder goes back, and you try to book, they will ask you to carry in the old cylinder and take the new one yourself. They aren't going to keep sending delivery boy for someone who is "not" at home.
21 days mandatory between each booking i was told.

Do not fall for that trap. They already charge you for the delivery. It is around 30 to 40 rupees per cylinder sometime ago. If you go to the dealer and collect yourself you will get the delivery charge discount.
Distributor Commission on LPG cylinders is Rs 44.06 per 14.2 kg cylinder (Establishment charges: Rs.26.06 and delivery charges: Rs.18.00)

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=119757

8Vn8AVk.png

They will not give cylinder at the office, There's a rule it should be handed over to the customer at his door premises.

Last edited:
The 21 day mandatory wait period is only for booking if the previous booking is delivered. They will have to deliver at the dealer premises. Show me the rule where it says it has to be delivered at the customer premises. What about working people? I have taken delivery at the dealership in the past.

Back