Electric cycles?

Tried it when I was a kid on a summer vacation with a friend who wanted to experiment it on his Hero cycle. My friend was having a battery shop so he got some 4nos. 12V battery and we procured a 24V DC motor with help of a mechanic. That project never went right as after the mechanic made the connections of the motor directly to the wheel I tried to ride the bike and it went out of control and crashed on nearby compound gate. I broke my arm and the cycle got damaged beyond repair. I still remember my father thrashing me for crashing the cycle as he had to shell out money to buy new cycle for my friend. Still we tried to revive the project again but then TVS50 arrived.

Tried it when I was a kid on a summer vacation with a friend who wanted to experiment it on his Hero cycle. My friend was having a battery shop so he got some 4nos. 12V battery and we procured a 24V DC motor with help of a mechanic. That project never went right as after the mechanic made the connections of the motor directly to the wheel I tried to ride the bike and it went out of control and crashed on nearby compound gate. I broke my arm and the cycle got damaged beyond repair. I still remember my father thrashing me for crashing the cycle as he had to shell out money to buy new cycle for my friend. Still we tried to revive the project again but then TVS50 arrived.
i was referring to something of these sort https://www.amazon.in/Elektron-BM36...AiuYZU_IkntyFPAtPbi-LgiyltAYhDiEaAjHGEALw_wcB

Bro all questions answer in amazon itself. That said I am happy you posted here.

Q: Can this bicycle be run without using battery
A: Yes, it can. The bicycle has three modes.
1. Throttle Mode - In this mode you can use the bike as a motor bike by using the accelerator. You don’t need to pedal in this mode.
2. PAS - Known as Pedal Assist Mode you can pedal the bike and the bike assists you electrically while you pedal.
3. Manual - In this mode one can use the bike like a normal bicycle by pedaling. see less

Q: is that possible to increase the range of kilometer upto 100 ?
A: Hi Arif, if you only use the accelerator you will get 60 odd kms out of the bike. But if you also peddle along with the accelerator the range can be extended upto 80-90 kms on a single charge and if you don't engage the accelerator at all and use PAS (peddle assists) you can definitely cross 100kms.

Q: What is the range of one charge
A: Hi, on a full charge the bike does about 60kms and that is when you use just the accelerator. In PAS mode it goes upto 100-120 kms

It seems it has several modes.
Pedal only.
Run only on battery. No pedal requirement. 60km
Pedal with accelerator: 80-90km .
Pedal assist no accelerator: 120km . I guess the battery is used to make pedalling easier.

These are amazing. Cover 60-120 km in a single charge, with options to switch to exercise mode, with all the flexibilities of a cycle. Perfect for vast majority of indians.

Bro all questions answer in amazon itself. That said I am happy you posted here.

Q: Can this bicycle be run without using battery
A: Yes, it can. The bicycle has three modes.
1. Throttle Mode - In this mode you can use the bike as a motor bike by using the accelerator. You don’t need to pedal in this mode.
2. PAS - Known as Pedal Assist Mode you can pedal the bike and the bike assists you electrically while you pedal.
3. Manual - In this mode one can use the bike like a normal bicycle by pedaling. see less

Q: is that possible to increase the range of kilometer upto 100 ?
A: Hi Arif, if you only use the accelerator you will get 60 odd kms out of the bike. But if you also peddle along with the accelerator the range can be extended upto 80-90 kms on a single charge and if you don't engage the accelerator at all and use PAS (peddle assists) you can definitely cross 100kms.

Q: What is the range of one charge
A: Hi, on a full charge the bike does about 60kms and that is when you use just the accelerator. In PAS mode it goes upto 100-120 kms

It seems it has several modes.
Pedal only.
Run only on battery. No pedal requirement. 60km
Pedal with accelerator: 80-90km .
Pedal assist no accelerator: 120km . I guess the battery is used to make pedalling easier.

These are amazing. Cover 60-120 km in a single charge, with options to switch to exercise mode, with all the flexibilities of a cycle. Perfect for vast majority of indians.
thanks for the answer .
I was more banking on TE guys opinions. Again thank you for your help. Wonder why I didn't go through it first ...

Back