EMERGENCY, need to get boss fired , need advice

Mr India

Disciple
I work in the logistics company in operations. my boss is a bigg fraud who does no work but takes all credit and just networks with the bosses. basically even company ceo knows him and so do all heads of departments. he is such smooth talking guy that seems most seniors like him. i do not as i see through him. he takes credit for work done by interns who slave away all day. we both joined 6 month back and he joined a month later than me. i slave away for 6 months and even worked on weekends sometimes. he gave me a below avg rating as well and gave me a 2% appraisal on monday. i deserve 15-20 for sure.

now we have a company policy of anonymous reporting of corruption and wrong doing by people. i want to report him for his wrong actions and get him rightfully kicked out.

his first decision was getting 4 small weight machines purchased that we cannot integrate with our system , hence they are used manually and use more labour. big waste. each costs 16k. i can prove he ordered them only without consulting me or anyone else in our office.

1) He has ordered a automation system like a conveyor that again will hardly have 10% help in our warehouse and too only on non peak times. it will gobble up useful space as well. this costs 5.8 lakhs.

2) he ordered 2 more machines from 2 vendors by raising Purchase order without consulting me regarding specs of machines as well. however both are useless machines and cant be integrated with our system at present unless we get some 3rd party to write a software for us. the older machines we bought came with free software. vendors paid 4 lakhs and 3 lakh respectively. if we cancel order vendor wont refund as im sure they had sent him all specs of machines. i suspect hes just a idiot in this case and no corruption , just making losses fr company.

3) he has found a 3rd vendor for taking care of our older present machines approx 50. basically their annual maintainance. however catch is he saying hel also order their weight machines costing 8 lakhs each. these have no extra useful features than our current machines. yet hes going for them. im sure hes getting paid on side.

why i havent reported him yet as i was waiting for appraisal.

are these reason enough to get him kicked out .

are these reason enough to get him kicked out .

Nope. At worst it is gross incompetence, it will be up to his boss to fire him for wasteful spending. You have no real case against him, and if you bring this up with HR, it will look like you are pursuing a vendetta. Just make sure you have emails verifying you had nothing to do with the purchases in case he tries to shift the blame to you.

Nope. At worst it is gross incompetence, it will be up to his boss to fire him for wasteful spending. You have no real case against him, and if you bring this up with HR, it will look like you are pursuing a vendetta. Just make sure you have emails verifying you had nothing to do with the purchases in case he tries to shift the blame to you.
i have mails fr the 16k machine loss , however he can blame it on warehouse but his blame will still be 70% as he didnt consult anyone at office and relied on a warehouse person who gave a okay feedback.

the automation conveyor he bought the machine with hardly any use. i have a mail for this by me warning him but i seem to have lost it. howver he forwarded it to another senior so i know senior boss has my mail. ,

2nd one with 2 machines i am not marked in all mails but i was marked in initial quotes from vendor which were wrong according to me and i had told him verbally however he still got purchase orders made without marking me cc. i can be blamed 25% max.
3rd case , should i email him that new vendor wont be good and its better to use current one so i have written proof ? even though on paper itself its clear no point buying 8 lakh machines just for free amc of our older machines. we shud have paid our prev vendor who we havent paid a utstanding 9 lakhs as their support was not very fast but this new vendor also cant say for sure will have fast support.

yes it does sound like revenge but atleast i want ceo /cfo to cut his appraisal maybe and keep his mistakes in mind. will i have any repurcussions ?? i will change my reporting ofcourse after i inform ceo etc as he will be biased and hate me .

I haven't worked under anyone and even I can tell that this is a bad idea.
If it's truly anonymous then I would probably give it a shot but don't raise your BP when nothing happens especially with how popular your boss is.
As for the blame game, I don't think you should be in trouble unless it's your signature on the purchase orders. If you are asked to sign some shady stuff like mentioned above, then you need to have that in writing in form of an office memo.

Nop. Bad Idea. You are a slave/intern as you say. He is likeable by others. All this anonymous things have a way of tracking it back to source. Its kinda easy. I work at a huge product based MNC spread across the globe. They even hire outside lawyers to handle the anonymous reports. Still its traceable back to source. Of course it's a offline gossip/water cooler system. But still it works.

So it's your word versus his. If you go against him, you know who will lose already.

My honest advice is go find another job in a better place.

Dude you never know, he might be getting kickbacks for all the useless things hes ordering, and knowing indian companies even the ceo and other heads might be on the take. Your only option is to sit quite and make sure you dont get blamed for anything

Nop. Bad Idea. You are a slave/intern as you say. He is likeable by others. All this anonymous things have a way of tracking it back to source. Its kinda easy. I work at a huge product based MNC spread across the globe. They even hire outside lawyers to handle the anonymous reports. Still its traceable back to source. Of course it's a offline gossip/water cooler system. But still it works.
no im not a intern. im a full time employee. i meant he has other interns who he lures with a perma job and fr 6months now they have got nothing. lol[DOUBLEPOST=1454350834][/DOUBLEPOST]
So it's your word versus his. If you go against him, you know who will lose already.

My honest advice is go find another job in a better place.
it not just words. i have mails to prove. all purchases are useless done by him.

I haven't worked under anyone and even I can tell that this is a bad idea.
If it's truly anonymous then I would probably give it a shot but don't raise your BP when nothing happens especially with how popular your boss is.
As for the blame game, I don't think you should be in trouble unless it's your signature on the purchase orders. If you are asked to sign some shady stuff like mentioned above, then you need to have that in writing in form of an office memo.
i have signed nothing nor okayed anything on anhy mail. and our anonymous whistle blower policy goes straight to company promoter who does not sit here a lot but pays attention to big matters and vigilance head. not even ceo gets the report.

instead of writing / reporting anonymous complaint, simply write all what you think off him, his actions, his frauds / mis-management, Intentional or unintentional careless attitude towards work... Etc... Etc... In an email to him, with all the proofs etc... Along with that you mark the mail to the Co promoter as well.... Do mention, as you cannot trust anyone else to Handel the matter you are sending it to the main boss.

Let him explain the boss what's going on....

On your side... Dude there is no point in being frustrated and working there with vengeance in mind....

Take matters in your hand. Take responsibility for the consequences.... At most, u get fired... So you start looking of another job... But no point of anonymous reporting.....it is very easy to figure who could be the anonymous enemy....and then it is more easy for him to to make your life hell, so you get frustrated and leave...

Think about it.

And remember, things will only work out if you stand for what is right... Not if you want to just pull that person down in anger.

instead of writing / reporting anonymous complaint, simply write all what you think off him, his actions, his frauds / mis-management, Intentional or unintentional careless attitude towards work... Etc... Etc... In an email to him, with all the proofs etc... Along with that you mark the mail to the Co promoter as well.... Do mention, as you cannot trust anyone else to Handel the matter you are sending it to the main boss.

Let him explain the boss what's going on....

On your side... Dude there is no point in being frustrated and working there with vengeance in mind....

Take matters in your hand. Take responsibility for the consequences.... At most, u get fired... So you start looking of another job... But no point of anonymous reporting.....it is very easy to figure who could be the anonymous enemy....and then it is more easy for him to to make your life hell, so you get frustrated and leave...

Think about it.

And remember, things will only work out if you stand for what is right... Not if you want to just pull that person down in anger.
yes you seem right. the only thingthat has stopped me from mailing is that i need a job and cant afford to get kicked out for pointing out corruption. however prev. last year 4-7 ppl hav been kicked out from our company who did corruption like my boss

now we have a company policy of anonymous reporting of corruption and wrong doing by people. i want to report him for his wrong actions and get him rightfully kicked out.
Not consulting you is prima facie, gross incompetence (as someone pointed out) on his part. It is not a wrong doing. You do not need a company policy nor do you need to be anonymous to point this out. Although I come from a service industry, it is pretty clear that any negligence on the part of anyone in your team (even directors)should clearly be brought out at the earliest possible instance. It need not be provocative or vindictive. In your case, for all you know, this person has a fast track approval for certain purchases which do not need any consultation from his subordinates.
I know there is a lot of politics in Industry as compared to a consulting firm where I work, but still certain things don't change I believe.

Not consulting you is prima facie, gross incompetence (as someone pointed out) on his part. It is not a wrong doing. You do not need a company policy nor do you need to be anonymous to point this out. Although I come from a service industry, it is pretty clear that any negligence on the part of anyone in your team (even directors)should clearly be brought out at the earliest possible instance. It need not be provocative or vindictive. In your case, for all you know, this person has a fast track approval for certain purchases which do not need any consultation from his subordinates.
I know there is a lot of politics in Industry as compared to a consulting firm where I work, but still certain things don't change I believe.
NO THERE IS NO FAST TRACK APPROVAL. he is going down for sureor atleast my reporting will change as well. our whistle blower policy also has cash reward minimum 5000 and upto 1 lakh for the amount of cash i saved. so total waste by him = 8-12 lakh which would have increased if he stayed in my project. i should get atleast 20-30k for sure[DOUBLEPOST=1454399058][/DOUBLEPOST]
This........will not end well
yes bro im scared too , this could make or break me. could not even sleep last night till 4am and had to forcefully sleep by spending some energy.

Btw i have 100% proof of him ordering a machine for 5lakhs that will be useless for us which i had warned him in my mail when i met the vendor. found the long lost mail.

IMO a mail directly to the "promoters" (whoever they are) will be better than reporting it anonymously. If you do it in secret there many be others who defend him and ask you why you didn't do it openly if it was true (backing up the claims). A fraud should be dealt with strictly.

ok so theres a chance my reporting may change , another manager asked me if i wanted to join him in Process and IT. i may be made a business analyst as well. However i was thinking of joining sales from current marketing profile. although sales in my company is hardly anything. most ppl consider them to be useless ppl as business now getting down. Am first trying to get my bad appraisal of 2% revised as i have done lotta good work. will mail the 2 big promoters who get the anonymous mail soon.[DOUBLEPOST=1454600726][/DOUBLEPOST]here's a screenshot of the policy

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
so my boss expects me to work all 7 days.anyway since i did not respond in 30 mins on my weekly off he has like sent me a warning mail for it today and ccd hr dept. idiot pays me nothing and expects work 24 x 7. anyway this was the last straw. Just now have mailed the whistleblower email id regarding what i had mentioned in first post . lets see now. this week either il be fired or he will be.

What kind of idiot sends a warning to a subordinate on a holiday and CCs HR on it? I have a feeling if this behaviour is accepted by HR and others at the company, it is you that might have to prepare to leave.

What kind of idiot sends a warning to a subordinate on a holiday and CCs HR on it? I have a feeling if this behaviour is accepted by HR and others at the company, it is you that might have to prepare to leave.
yeah , all i did was not see a whatsapp msg that he had sent on a group and saw phone like 2 hours later on my designated holiday. i anyway work many times late and on holidays but not like i dont do that on my off. see his mail

Attachments

• ragga.png
    ragga.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 261
Back