User Guides Enabling AMD AHCI on Windows 7 systems with

I didnt know of this till today.
this thing rocks. i am getting read/writes of excess of 100MB/s on my 4yr old 80GB itachi and the 500GB WD!

be sure AHCI is disabled in your BIOS

1. Goto start.
2. Type regedit.
3. Click on regedit.exe
4. Follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>system>CurrentControlSet>services>msahci

1.png

Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

2.png

Open system
3.png

Open currentcontrolset
4.png

Open services
5.png

Open/Select msahci
6.png

Select start
7.png

Right click and select modify
8.png

Put in the value 0 in the selected region
9.png

Press OK and exit regedit.

5. Reboot into BIOS.
6. You will find AHCI under SATA configuration or something like that.
7. Enable AHCI mode on one group. Connect all HDDs to this group(enable other groups if necessary). Note Optical Drives may/may not work with AHCI.
8. Save BIOS settings and reboot into Windows.
9. Windows will ask to restart to apply changes. Do EET!!
10. After rebooting, goto your motherboard product page and download the latest AHCI/RAID driver.
11. Will probably be in a zip file. extract it to some C:\temp (say)
12. Open Device Manager.
13. Click on the IDE/ATAPI controlers.
14. Select the AHCI controller ( it will be named AHCI<something>)
15. Right click, select update drivers
16. Select "Browse my computer for software" Option.
17. Point to the c:\temp folder which contains drivers. Press ok. Your Drivers will be automatically installed.
18. Reboot as necessary.
19. Enjoy new write Speeds.
20. Spread the love. :clap:

My mobo : MSI x-58 Pro-E

WoW !

First time ever seen.. 111mb/ second speed while copying a movie from my Pc to external hdd ! :D
But then it came back to 65m/second.
[increased but why not 100+ ? ]

Are there anything to check like if I did something wrong ?
Any disadvantages ?
What I did is :
Installed AHCI Driver for my motherboard.
Did the registry change from 3 to 0.
Entered BIOS and changed the IDE option to AHCI and all HDD's option set to ENABLE.
:clap::eek:hyeah:

Question : I've seen the RAID option there too and be honest i haven't heard this AHCI thing before but heard RAID a lot.
So whats the differnece between AHCI and RAID and which of them is good ?
After this change I can feel a bit of hang while the copy-paste thing starts and while typing this sometimes the words come's a bit slow after my type.

errrrrr.. !!

Guys While copy-pasting 45Gb of movies from 1 drive to another [same hdd] the speed started with 100mb+ and now after 20% of copy its back to normal speed, i.e., 35mb/ sec. :(

And while this copy is going on, I can feel the other process's as tooo slow.!

1. Open a folder and it takes time to show contents.

2. Typing this and fonts shows up with 1sec delay.

3. Intel Rapid Storage technology going "Not Responding".

4. Task Manager took more than 10 seconds to show up.

:(

What to do now ?

With the OP banned, I dont think much help is gonna come from him.

As far as the speed is concerned, thats normal. But, the fact that other processes feel sluggish is not known.

^^ so should it be practided or i should get back to normal

Moreover, if it is making wonders, does the windows experience index changes for HDD??

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

sorry if this is OT, but why are some members being banned? any serious offenses or something else, I mean OP of this thread is banned, a prominent member Supra is banned, just curious to know why so?

It should change the WEI, but not by much. If change is what you are after, an SSD is better.

siril_k said:
sorry if this is OT, but why are some members being banned? any serious offenses or something else, I mean OP of this thread is banned, a prominent member Supra is banned, just curious to know why so?

Supra has a temp ban, I believe. But as far as what the OP wrote was totally ROFLMAO!!!!

Both were banned for posting in market section. Supra since he had posted that aguntak was overcharging for the phones (i917, focus, from US). But OP had written a very nasty comment on aman's HDD thread. :rofl:

I also tries it on my pc and it works fine. but after sometime the transfer rates goes down to 60mb/s. help me if i'm doing something wrong.

Back