Budget 41-50k Encoding + Gaming + Downloading Rig

aKp1

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i5 or i7 overclockable (Generation doesn't matter, it should support my purpose)
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - Decent GPU which can handle games at medium quality
    • PSU - Suggest
    • RAM - Suggest
    • HDD - Suggest 1TB will be sufficient for me!
    • Cabinet - Suggest
    • Monitor - Suggest
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• This will be my final configuration and I don't won't to upgrade for at least a year or two!
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Ahmedabad, Vadodara
    • Any decent online seller!
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Encoding Videos
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing like that!
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• Arkham Knight, COD, Far Cry, NFS, etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 10 Pro

Last edited:
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 4460 -12500,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H-A -5500,
  • GPU - Asus Strix GTX960 2GB -15000,
  • PSU - Antec VP500PC -3300,
  • RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -3300,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
  • Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-01 -3500,
  • Monitor - Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -8400.
  • TOTAL -55,000.

Thanx a lot for this recommendation sunil bro! Is there any significant difference in performance if I take heads on i5 6400! I couldn't find any online retailer which is providing i5 4460 in the price you mentioned! And the cheapest source I know is offering it at 14k and 6400 @15k! If the difference of performance vs cost is not much then I would go with the newer gen!

Edit:
I have decided I'll go for GFX card sometime later! Right now I have 1 GTX460 lying around! So I'll be using that for a while! Later on a month or so, will get a new gfx!

Last edited:
I have decided I'll go for GFX card sometime later! Right now I have 1 GTX460 lying around! So I'll be using that for a while! Later on a month or so, will get a new gfx!
then you should have a look at the i5 4690k +z97 combo. i really dont see the worth of skylake over haswell and skylake costs quite a bit more.

Thanx for the reply bro! But actually here I am able to get a i5 6500 @15k and i5 4690k @13k! It is a difference of 2k and on motherboard yes I will have to spend an extra 3k to get a decent z170!
But actually you are right I should rather go with the combo you suggested! i5 + z97! Thanx for the suggestion! I'll do combine sunil bro and your suggestions @Soumyajit and prepare a rig!
Already ordered the rest of the components! Waiting for the delivery! :)
Thanx a lot for your help!

Wow 4690 at 13k? Are sure? Can you tell me the selles name and if you know if they ship items to kolkata or not? Please let me know.

And btw good choice. Absolutely no point getting 6500 over 4690.

@Blue Leaf, I'll be encoding TV series into x265! Though x264 doesn't take much processing power but x265 needs it or else it takes too much time to encode!
And soumya bro, He is a local dealer! I won't taking the bill! That's why he is giving the extra discount! I'll ask him if he can ship to Kolkata but I don't think without bill he will be able to send it to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back