Car & Bike Engine Oil Recommendation: Avenger 220

I own a bajaj avenger 220, which is 7 mnths old. I gave it for first service at 350kms(i know it was kinda early, though 500kms were recommonede) and got engine oil changed as well. It has that bajaj's engine oil right now.

Now, the thing arises is, i have heard a lot of bad reviews of bajaj's oil. Right now i am on 1400th km. Should i change the oil? I have heard of motul 300v 20W50 Oil. Should i get it replaced with that? I guess bajaj's one is 15W50, so what will be the negatives and positives i will face with 20W50 in my engine?

P.S. Bajaj people mixes 2 oils i dont know why. Is that something to be taken care of before replacing the oil?

Friend has been using Motul 5100 SS on his Avenger 220 since two years, runs like butter.
The difference between 20W50 and 15W50 is the cold starting temperature of the bike,unless you live in an extremely cold place,these should not matter to you.
Also,do not use Motul 300V until your bike has run atleast 6-7K kms,it is a fully synthetic oil and will mess up your engine's break-in process.

For Running in Shell AX5 20W50 costs around ₹.250/-

Then if you want Synthetic on budget then Shell Advance Ultra 10W40 MRP ₹.800/-

I have used AX5 on my 2012 Activa.

I will be changing to The Advance Ultra today.

I started using Shell Oils once the free services on my Avenger 220 ran out. I use Shell Advance Ultra(Grey bottle) which costs around Rs.825 and can run for 10k kms without another oil change. My bike and gearbox have never been more smoother and the performance is animalish!

Dont switch to Semi Synth or Fully Synth till 4-5k kms. Use mineral oils only since they are better for the engine during the break in period. 300V is a FS oil. Use Shell AX5 but change it at every 1k kms :)

Go for any semi synth, now. After all the DTS-i oil which comes with the bike is semi-synth.
Switch to FS after 6-7k kms.

And for the brand, go with motul(5100 preferably). They will easily last 2.5-3.5K kms.

Motul 7100 is Single Ester while 300V is double Ester ... Used 300v on my Pulsar 220 for 5 years & engine was running like butter till the date I sold it off ...

Motul 5100 is economical but a very good oil. I've been using it since last 5 years on various bikes.
Motul 7100 is Synthetic and would cost more.
Motul 300V is BEST Oil you'll find. But its very very costly. ~1k/liter IIRC.

I have Avenger 220 Dtsi 10 months. She has Completed 9500 Kms. I have used the Bajaj Engine Oil in all the 3 free services Provided by the Showroom. But the Bajaj Engine oil Doesn't provide a Smooth Drive. Can u guys suggest me with best Engine oil Which is even good for Touring as well. Not worried about the Price

Mate, use Motul brand.

My suggestion goes to 3100 Gold (20W50)or 5100 (15W50). As per your budget & requirements. The bike requires 1.15-1.2 liters of engine oil.

3100 Gold is available in 1.15L bottles costing 450/- Where as 5100 1L bottle costs 550/-

It is always better to go for factory recommended grade (20W50) for better engine life.

I have Avenger 220 cruise, in my first servicing at 500 km my engine oil was change by the company. Now I have covered 1441 km, and the servicing centre is about 200 km away from my location. Therefore I am requesting to help me. Upto how many kilometer shall I change my engine oil? And Which type of brand or company oil should I use? Please Suggest.

Back