English TV series discussion

What a deliciously violent finale episode now lies ahead!
I think you will be disappointed as the series have kept the violence restricted (We always think war is coming but somehow it doesn't) so maybe the the ending will be a political move rather than full on war though I would love to see a full on war with all houses attacking the palace.

Finished Fallout Season 1.

Enjoyed the show in spite of the fact that I haven't played any of the FO games. Walton Goggins as the Ghoul was fantastic. Really looking forward to Season 2 and how the story progresses.

What Jennifer Did - 8/10

I have a particular interest on crime documentaries so had to pick this one up.

This is a well made documentary about Jennifer Pan's case from 2010. I first came to know of this incident through watching an episode of Deadly Women in 2017 and then watched her interrogation video's which were are still available on Youtube back then. This documentary however uses better quality interrogation videos, re-constructs the incident and also brings in the Detectives and Investigators who were associated with this harrowing case to shed their insight. Worth watching.

Also, if you have watched the above documentary then do give this a read:
8 things missing from Netflix's doc of a woman who schemed to kill her parents

I hope Netflix picks up other cases and makes documentaries like these. Russel Williams, Ashley McArthur, Gertrude Baniszewski, Katherine Knight and so many more cases they could build documentaries on.

I found the final episode of Shogun rather underwhelming but I'm pretty sure it could be just me. I was expecting more... swords and flying cannons!

However, having said that...

Toranaga's plan was brilliant. Man didn't even have to wage real war... played human chess like a boss, sat on a rock by the sea and won! :cool:

I will watch the old Shogun show from 1980 once though for comparison. It has Richard Chamberlain as the Anjin.

I found the final episode of Shogun rather underwhelming but I'm pretty sure it could be just me. I was expecting more... swords and flying cannons!

However, having said that...

Toranaga's plan was brilliant. Man didn't even have to wage real war... played human chess like a boss, sat on a rock by the sea and won! :cool:

I will watch the old Shogun show from 1980 once though for comparison. It has Richard Chamberlain as the Anjin.
You are not alone but I was 99% sure that this would be a plot but anyways the show was enjoyable but the last episode could have been better with some sort of fight scenes.

Back