English TV series discussion

After a few months of absolutely no shows due to heavy workload at office finally picked up Narcos season 3. Just got done with the first episode and I'm hooked again.

Completed season 3 of Narcos. Riveting, totally. The last couple of episodes were epic. The entire attention to detail, the intricate planning that went into capturing the Rodríguez Orejuela brothers, the downfall of the Cali Cartel and the subsequent aftermath with the associated brutalities... the show nailed it.

Pedro Pascal and Matias Varela were absolutely brilliant in particular.

If anyone is interested in doing a little post-show reading after watching the entire season 3 then do read this interview of Jorge Salcedo (yes, the real Salcedo) and his take on the show (contains spoilers, so only read after watching season 3 all the way through):

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/03/narcos-jorge-salcedo-interview/

Last edited:
Preacher is such a hit or miss show.

But man that portrayal of Herr Starr is a ****ing bullseye. That bored indifference with which he approaches everything...
Even has the same attitude toward his own rape :tearsofjoy:.

Best comic book villain since Heath Ledger's Joker for sure.

Preacher is such a hit or miss show.

But man that portrayal of Herr Starr is a ****ing bullseye. That bored indifference with which he approaches everything...
Even has the same attitude toward his own rape :lol:.

Best comic book villain since Heath Ledger's Joker for sure.
For me Preacher is a complete miss except for Herr Starr.Even the Saint of Killers was crap this season.Hitler was somewhat good though.

The biggest failure of Preacher is Jesse Custer himself.

In the books, he's the man, you can't help but completely admire the character. All that without ever seeming self-righteous or pretentious.
In the show, he comes off as a smalltime hustler with no backbone.

They better not **** up The Good Ol' Boys, Jody and TC...

Anyone watched this yet ? worth watching ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5290382/
I am on episode 7 and so far it is quite good and damn realistic.But this seems to be the genesis of the flow that will definitely lead to interesting cases in the subsequent seasons.

If you want the standard issue one episode -one crime criminal procedural you will be disappointed.

It is no True Detective Season 1 though.....That exists on a different plane altogether.

Started watching the first season of Mr. Robot yesterday. Liked the pilot episode, very much actually, and then didn't like it so much for the next few ep's. Decided to keep watching and give the show time. Having completed the 8th episode today I can really say things are getting very intriguing indeed. I'm hooked.

Shayla's death or rather her brutal murder
Really left me sad. :(

Started watching the first season of Mr. Robot yesterday. Liked the pilot episode, very much actually, and then didn't like it so much for the next few ep's. Decided to keep watching and give the show time. Having completed the 8th episode today I can really say things are getting very intriguing indeed. I'm hooked.

That's the common complaint with S1, the rest of it never manages to match the quality of the pilot.
Second season too has problems with pacing but it's still a good watch compared to other shows.

Shayla's death or rather her brutal murder
Really left me sad. :(

Stick with it.The rewards are absolutely worth it.Binge watching (especially in Season 2) is the best as the plot becomes more twisted.
Season 3 is out and I couldn't connect a lot of stuff which I have forgotten from Season 2

BTW Spoiler for Mr. Robot Season 1 is quite a bit late to the party ....;);)

I am on episode 7 and so far it is quite good and damn realistic.But this seems to be the genesis of the flow that will definitely lead to interesting cases in the subsequent seasons.

If you want the standard issue one episode -one crime criminal procedural you will be disappointed.

It is no True Detective Season 1 though.....That exists on a different plane altogether.

Speaking of which here's an interesting take on the director...

Been watching some Black Mirror.

Midway through S3 atm and so far only San Junipero and White Christmas have been proper good.
The other episodes while interesting are just silly or stupid extrapolations of existing trends taken to ridiculous extremes.

San Junipero was great though, even if it was derivative of a certain Doctor Who arc.[DOUBLEPOST=1508406601][/DOUBLEPOST]
Speaking of which here's an interesting take on the director...

Imo, currently the best director in Hollywood.[DOUBLEPOST=1508416487][/DOUBLEPOST]That video is incredible. I think that's all I'll be looking for in movies now.

And pretty sure it'll be annoying when the camera won't sync up.
It's like text kerning for movies; you don't ever notice it, but once you learn what it is, that's all you notice.

Last edited:
I dunno, even though some episodes were not as good as the exceptional ones, overall I thought Black mirror is better than most of the rehashed crap coming out.

Zombie fans, anyone else seen season 3 of Fear the walking dead? Way better than the main series right now. Almost as good as Z nation.

Also has anyone checked out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5711280/

Anyone else got reminded of the game Evil Within while watching the recent episode of Mr. Robot...

Joanna's brain autopsy scene brought back the memory of the grotesque brain puzzle from the game!

That's an interesting take that I had not thought of before. But now that I think about it the group interaction is probably the most memorable part of watching a movie in a theatre. I remember watching Life of Pi and the whole theatre was silent as the guy when the guy goes on a monologue towards the end and then some whiny brat complained loudly "Daaaddddyyyy... when will this movie be over" and the whole theatre started laughing.

There are some funny moments in theater sometimes like you said. But overall it's an annoying waste of money. especially the mobile phone using, talkative morons. I went all the way to imax wadala to watch dunkirk and was a bit underwhelmed. Would have had the same experience at home. So while Fincher has a very good perspective on it, i actually take it as confirmation to avoid theaters even more!

Back