English TV series discussion

I watched Made in Heaven on prime. I sort of liked it. I mean it is not a show that will blow you or it isn't something that may be remembered. But I just decided to watch it over the weekend and finish it off.

Btw does anyone here watch tv serials with 1.15x or 1.25x speed? If yes then what android app would you recommend? I am using Amazon Fire HD 10. I know youtube allows to change speed and there is some add on for Chrome that allow the same but I intend to use for offline playback.
Any suggestions?

I watched Made in Heaven on prime. I sort of liked it. I mean it is not a show that will blow you or it isn't something that may be remembered. But I just decided to watch it over the weekend and finish it off.

Btw does anyone here watch tv serials with 1.15x or 1.25x speed? If yes then what android app would you recommend? I am using Amazon Fire HD 10. I know youtube allows to change speed and there is some add on for Chrome that allow the same but I intend to use for offline playback.
Any suggestions?
I use vlc to watch shows at 1.20x speed

Just wanted to know why you alter the speed while watching a show?

This way, we can finish a show sooner (so say we can binge 3 instead of 4 episodes in same time frame) and it is only doable if you don't realize the change in speed or are not bothered by it. Like for example, in US, the TV networks which run old shows like friends etc (especially shows with long pauses in between dialogues), they run it at little more speed so they can get extra slots for Ads.

Last edited:
So I tried VLC on my iPhone first and it works fine and I can adjust speed. Only problem was that at more than 1.22x speeds or so, the volume would be turned off, no clue why. Then I downloaded nPlayer (which is supposedly one of the best iOS media players out there) and it too has the same setting and best is that it is always on the screen along with screen locking (when video is playing) which is really important to me. Seems that audio is not affected in nPlayer even when I did 2x speed.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Watching Mayans M.C. currently.

Has anyone here watched American Gods? How is it?
I lost interest in American Gods after watching a couple of episodes of Season 2.
Maybe thats a combination of me having read the book after Season 1 ended.
It has quite a unique style but substance wise Season 2 seems to be a bit lacking.

Delhi Crime is a lot to handle. Do not miss.
Final Table was a nice cooking contest series.
I loved Delhi Crime but IMHO it was a bit too biased towards the police. Maybe because it was created on the basis of the case files.
Keeping in mind how the Delhi Police f***ed up the Talwar investigation I am not too sure about their competence shown in this show.

Seems to be pretty hard on the AAP lot as well which is understandable keeping in mind Kejri's antics to bring Delhi Police under his control.

Shefali Shah although good mostly overracted quite a bit in some scenes. The other actors were cast perfectly though.

Back