English TV series discussion

One of the best T.V series i saw was Breaking Bad. I higly recommend it. It is about a teacher suffering from serious financial issues who with the help of his student deal with meth. Whats better than that? You will thank me later.

Completed MC Mafia - Thanks to Prime Video, I may skip it due to low ratings at IMDB.
People may find this is slow or odd and even lose interest due to lack of 'Gangsta' stuff comparing similar TV Series (i,e Sopranos/The Wire etc) but I really enjoyed it. Beautiful shooting location - This is the mix of all Family - Office - Underworld - Courtroom Drama. They also include Nawazuddin Siddiqui though roll is very small.
Anyhow it is a different concept thus making it good.

Started Sacred Games. 15 minutes in, took a break.

The very familiar pattern/approach of peppering the content with extreme stuff , overdose of swear words, keep some secret/mystery to make the audience remain in the dark while we repeat the treatment of swear words and heavy scenes to keep the meter running. Don't let them move a muscle.

Over reliance + regularly witnessing this right at the start really crushes the expectations/mood of looking fwd to something building up bit by bit.

Our new to internet+imdb people will ofc go ahead and pelt imdb with 10/10 ratings and rave reviews obviously.

Last edited:
^ that is like netflix DNA. make people binge stuff. I ain't complaining. This applies to every netflix series like stranger things etc. Just the subject and theme changes. Like supernatural theme in stranger things.

Also did you notice that every netflix original series is darkly lit/ dark tones? Because dark colors are easy on the eyes compared to bright lights. And netflix wants people to binge. A whole lot of psychology goes into the structuring and colors of the shows they produce.

Im into 4th episode and its fine. They use bad words like real life and not for the sake of it. They planned for 8 episodes I think so obviously I expected the story to be slow and fleshed out.

Yes, I have noticed the underlying tone of such programs and that they follow a nicely fleshed out equation to hit the psyche.
Throw in constants like swearing/nudity/blood/gory killings etc. Just that the whole thing becomes too apparent.

Earlier the kekta kapoor n co. went with the sob story+multiple zooms+blaring background music+aadarshvaadi stuff, and now we have the other end of the spectrum with web series.

Yes, I have noticed the underlying tone of such programs and that they follow a nicely fleshed out equation to hit the psyche.
Throw in constants like swearing/nudity/blood/gory killings etc. Just that the whole thing becomes too apparent.

Earlier the kekta kapoor n co. went with the sob story+multiple zooms+blaring background music+aadarshvaadi stuff, and now we have the other end of the spectrum with web series.
Lets never put Kekta kapoor and Netflix in the same sentence again. I might puke.

Does anyone know how to update entire seasons watches on Trakt.tv ? I have an app that sync to trakt and I mark things watched in that but want to know how to do on their website itself.

Does anyone know how to update entire seasons watches on Trakt.tv ? I have an app that sync to trakt and I mark things watched in that but want to know how to do on their website itself.
No idea. But if you are having sync issues with trakt and its apps (like I did) then I would recommend moving to Tv Time. Works beautifully and is overall better than apps that sync to trakt (IMO).

Abandoned La Casa De Papel/Money Heist

The writer seems to be not in sync with basic human behaviour, esp the way a human would react. Just to create some thrill, the director is swaying in whichever way and direction he believes is fine. Acting looks superficial on many occasions. Looking a bit too inspired from portman's character from Leon the professional, the lead actress gets annoying. All the main characters have yielded a good deal of annoying moments and now it has started to become a routine.

Through with 9.5 episodes, and it is high time that I sidelined this thing.

Last edited:
No idea. But if you are having sync issues with trakt and its apps (like I did) then I would recommend moving to Tv Time. Works beautifully and is overall better than apps that sync to trakt (IMO).

Is tv time a website or app or website with app as well ? Also I was never a user of trakt but recently I have couple of apps on my firestick which can be linked to trakt so when I watch the episode, it will automatically update trakt status to watched and on my iPhone, I use the app called "Television Time" (app name on homescreen is TV Time, not sure if same app since I already have another app called TV Time) and that app does link with trakt and its interface is something i really like.

Btw done with all 3 seasons of Better Call Saul and now started "The Americans", watching on Prime.

Last edited:
The Vietnam War - 8.5/10

One sitting every day for 10 days, and this became a very overwhelming documentary mini series. Gave a good insight about how the presidents consistently kept lying to the USA citizens and the world, their clandestine and not so clandestine support, how the devious duo of kissinger and nixon became the architects of a remarkable hoodwinking act. The 10nth ep gave some much needed confirmation of the green shoots sprouting amongst the opposite camp's veterans. The role played by the women of Vietnam was phenomenal.

The footage they had from the war time was crazy good. Apart from the usual, watch it for the grit showed by the unassuming Vietnamese, how USA lost the war and still went about denying their defeat, and how the citizens+military personnels themselves rose against the meaningless war.

I was very reluctant when I started watching Doctor Who. Started within the last one month. Had heard a lot about this and also had mentions in TBBT and such shows. Was skeptical whether I would like it or not but now I am almost at the end episodes of Season 2 and I am loving this show. Each episode is different and fun.

I was very reluctant when I started watching Doctor Who. Started within the last one month. Had heard a lot about this and also had mentions in TBBT and such shows. Was skeptical whether I would like it or not but now I am almost at the end episodes of Season 2 and I am loving this show. Each episode is different and fun.
Thanks, will give it a try.

Abandoned La Casa De Papel/Money Heist

The writer seems to be not in sync with basic human behaviour, esp the way a human would react. Just to create some thrill, the director is swaying in whichever way and direction he believes is fine. Acting looks superficial on many occasions. Looking a bit too inspired from portman's character from Leon the professional, the lead actress gets annoying. All the main characters have yielded a good deal of annoying moments and now it has started to become a routine.

Through with 9.5 episodes, and it is high time that I sidelined this thing.

+1 to everything you said.

But I just couldn't left it hanging, so continuing. Another 1.5 eps left :)[DOUBLEPOST=1535694698][/DOUBLEPOST]btw, hows Ghoul? watchable ?

Back