English TV series discussion

Thats probably his character is supposed to be meek for majority of the season.. In the end tho..
Naah man. You don't become head of the Sinaloa by being meek. He is supposed to be pragmatic and unemotional compared to Escobar. Think of Pacho from Cali cartel who was a pretty good foil for Moura but that guy had way more presence compared to this Gallardo.

Elseworlds pt.1 was extremely fun! It was a huge nostalgia wave hearing the smallville theme again :D And we finally go to see Flash and superman team up!

I am unable to understand the hype of narcos.
S1 & S2 were amazing, be it the way it was presented, story flow, etc as well as cinematography.

I hated the episode when Escobar was killed, entire episode looks so fake compared to season1. Infact S2E9 was infirior was well. S2 E9 & E10 is rushed too much, boring predictable.

I had given up after S3 E2 ( Cali KGB, I guess). Boring shit.
Recently attempted Narcos:Mexico... omg it terrible. This doesn’t even comparable to S1.
Can’t handle it post episode 2.

Personal recommendation to people who never watched narcos, you are missing an amazing show. Definitely watch. But don’t watch Escobar killing and any episode after it. Stop in the episode when Pablo visited his father. Leave the serial just after that... this experience is amazing and I don’t think, any other series ever made this amazing. 10/10.

Remaining episodes are hardly 4/10. (If you are watching for nudity .... that’s different thing :p )

Narcos season 1 was amazing.. i watched that 3 times.
season 2 was slow at start on few episodes but pick up pace in mid and end was great..
season 3, yet to watch

But don’t watch Escobar killing and any episode after it. Stop in the episode when Pablo visited his father. Leave the serial just after that... this experience is amazing and I don’t think, any other series ever made this amazing. 10/10.
You probably fail to realize that Narcos is supposed to be a bio-pic(Biograhical film) and not a scripted fictional story that can be adapted to a viewer's interest.
Do take time to cross check facts on wiki to realize how the events turned out in Illegal drug trade in Colombia and the Cartels - Medellín Cartel , Cali Cartel :)
And the series has definitely done justice to the re-enact the historical events.

Last edited:
A lot of it is indeed fictional, in fact his son claimed in an interview last year that his father used to actively work for the CIA, something that was massively downplayed in the show.
The job of the hollywood propaganda machine is just that, mix half truths with whole lies to the point where people believe events shown on tv are the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they make a tv show in the next twenty years on Afghanistan where US marines aren't shown guarding poppy fields at all which is well documented at this point.

True Detective S3 :
Continuing on the previous two seasons, this one also picks up a cold case of kidnapping of two children.
Masherhala Ali shines in this one .
Season finale next week . Catch it on APV.

me too dint like the narcos season 3 to much but still enjoyed it for the story. Action scenes are pretty amateurish in this season and that fat cop feels more like some hawaldar from thane than a DEA agent :confused: The best scene however in season 3 is definitely that ending scene where felix enters the balcony like a boss that he is.

In the previous seasons when Pablo finishes the colonel is also pretty damn amazing with great buildup and suspense.

They went from one of the best action dramas ever (s1) to one of the most mediocre in s2. Very disappointed. Even the punisher part of daredevil s2 was better.
Thats common with all Marvel shows on Netflix with the exception of maybe Daredevil.
True Detective season 3 is better than the dumpster fire of Season 2 but still not at the Season 1 level of hallucinatory mindf**k even after 7 episodes.
But Mahershala Ali steals the scenes like on one else.

If you're not irritated by Natasha Lyonne(The frizzy-haired blonde lesbian in Orange is the New Black) give Russian Doll a try. Pretty damn good.

Thats common with all Marvel shows on Netflix with the exception of maybe Daredevil.
True Detective season 3 is better than the dumpster fire of Season 2 but still not at the Season 1 level of hallucinatory mindf**k even after 7 episodes.
But Mahershala Ali steals the scenes like on one else.

If you're not irritated by Natasha Lyonne(The frizzy-haired blonde lesbian in Orange is the New Black) give Russian Doll a try. Pretty damn good.

I didn't think the latest daredevil was that good. There were too many crappy boring ass episodes.

True dick s2 was ok i guess, Rachel McAdams did a pretty decent job. But yeah nothing could beat s1. But even that ended with a few things unanswered.

Another friend recommended Russian doll; on my list.

I have watched a couple of episodes and it reminded me of Happy Death Day (and of course Edge of tomorrow). It has been receiving a lot of praise so I'll continue to watch what they do with the premise.
I'd really recommend Sex Education on Netflix though. Went into it expecting a quirky British teen sex comedy and but it just surprised me. It's way more than that and totally worth your time.

I have watched a couple of episodes and it reminded me of Happy Death Day (and of course Edge of tomorrow). It has been receiving a lot of praise so I'll continue to watch what they do with the premise.
I'd really recommend Sex Education on Netflix though. Went into it expecting a quirky British teen sex comedy and but it just surprised me. It's way more than that and totally worth your time.

At first, I thought there will be more about sex like american pie movie.. but less sex more humour and excellent acting.. I really liked it and waiting for season 2

Back