English TV series discussion

I lost interest in American Gods after watching a couple of episodes of Season 2.
Maybe thats a combination of me having read the book after Season 1 ended.
It has quite a unique style but substance wise Season 2 seems to be a bit lacking.

I see. Maybe I'll give it a watch sometime later then or better yet pick up the book.

After-life by Ricky Gervais is another gem of a short series. There are only 6 episodes and show a man dealing with the grief of his wife passing away. It's intensely funny the way Ricky's comedy is with lots of anger and sarcasm presented in a beautiful way. Must watch for sure.

After-life by Ricky Gervais is another gem of a short series. There are only 6 episodes and show a man dealing with the grief of his wife passing away. It's intensely funny the way Ricky's comedy is with lots of anger and sarcasm presented in a beautiful way. Must watch for sure.
I felt it was at most okay. The protagonist seemed a typical middle aged white dude who thinks that just because he's in pain he can get away with being an a**hole to all other people.

Saw White Gold season 2 on Netflix. It is still pretty good but not as epic as the first season. Picked up El Chapo next and it is definitely not aa good as Narcos but has a good rating on IMDB.
I am starting to pick up some British shows as they are just too damn hilarious. Watched 'The Fix' hosted by Jimmy Carr a few months back and have started watching '8 out of 10 Cats', another show hosted by Jimmy Carr and both shows are hilarious as ****. The jokes and language are usually adult so keep in mind before watching with someone else.

Started Chernobyl. It is a HBO miniseries with 4 out of 5 episodes released. I must say it is very engaging.
The show has 9.7 rating on IMDB with 78k votes!
It is the best show I have seen till now this year. Episode 2 speech by Scherbina was awesome.
It also shows the resilience of the Soviet people in general. These people have lived through the Czars,Bolshevik revolution, Stalin's purges and Hitler's Wehrmacht.

It is the best show I have seen till now this year. Episode 2 speech by Scherbina was awesome.
It also shows the resilience of the Soviet people in general. These people have lived through the Czars,Bolshevik revolution, Stalin's purges and Hitler's Wehrmacht.
And the stupidity of hiding useful information by classifying it as a state secret!

Chernobyl - 10/10

Edit: Also watched "How to sell drugs online (fast)". Sleeper hit. Great production value, awesome cast and acting, great storyline. Binge worthy stuff.

Last edited:
Saw White Gold season 2 on Netflix. It is still pretty good but not as epic as the first season. Picked up El Chapo next and it is definitely not aa good as Narcos but has a good rating on IMDB.
I am starting to pick up some British shows as they are just too damn hilarious. Watched 'The Fix' hosted by Jimmy Carr a few months back and have started watching '8 out of 10 Cats', another show hosted by Jimmy Carr and both shows are hilarious as ****. The jokes and language are usually adult so keep in mind before watching with someone else.
I love White Gold. As you said, S2 is not at the same level as S1, but great nevertheless. Binge watched it !

HBO's Chernobyl is excellent, loved it. Felt sad to see how greed caused a catastrophic accident. Even after 33 years that land is uninhabitable !
More than greed, it showed what a single party mindset can do to a nation. Doesn't matter if it is left wing or right wing. The timing feels right as all over the world, right wing politics is winning and hence shows like these which show what giving too much power to one person/party can lead to are necessary.

Back