English TV series discussion

One good show. I dunno know why I confused it initially with Utopia.

P.S. Every time I look at your profile pic I end up doing a double-take.... :p
Good to find another person who's watched the show. It was pretty good in my opinion. Also, I changed my display to something better :p
Post automatically merged:

I'd also recommend everyone to try A Very Secret Service if you're looking for mindless comedy

Last edited:
Missed mentioning this one gem of a show:

After Life (Ricky Gervais)

One of the most wholesome show I've ever watched.
10/10 would recommend.

(PS Season 2 coming out in 8 days)

Also, a worthy mention to the show featuring my favourite actor Richard Ayoade

The I.T. Crowd

(Both of them can be found on Netflix)

Anybody seen the Spanish Netflix series Money Heist?
Itziar Ituño was diagnosed with Corona, but she's doing fine now. A wonderful woman.

Extracurricular(Netflix)- 9/10

I didn't know what to expect going in as there are almost no reviews on the internet so far.

But Extracurricular can keep up with the best coming of age Netflix heavy-hitters like 13 Reasons Why, Sex Education and the End of the F**king World.

Highly recommend this one.

But Extracurricular can keep up with the best coming of age Netflix heavy-hitters like 13 Reasons Why, Sex Education and the End of the F**king World.

End of the F**king World always felt overrated. Never understood the hype around it. But I'll check this one out.
Now, I don't mean to sound like a broken record but I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't mention After Life again.
Would highly recommend you to watch it.

End of the F**king World always felt overrated. Never understood the hype around it. But I'll check this one out.
Now, I don't mean to sound like a broken record but I feel I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't mention After Life again.
Would highly recommend you to watch it.
I watched Season 1 and TBH Ricky Gervais' character seemed too much of a d**k. I know thats his way of processing grief but sometimes it got a bit too much for me when he was crapping on people for little things.

Started Fauda now. Will check out Season 2 of After Life after I finish Season 1 of Fauda.

I watched Season 1 and TBH Ricky Gervais' character seemed too much of a d**k. I know thats his way of processing grief but sometimes it got a bit too much for me when he was crapping on people for little things.

Started Fauda now. Will check out Season 2 of After Life after I finish Season 1 of Fauda.
Yeah, I see why some people wouldn't like it. Honestly, the show doesn't require a follow up. But they went ahead, and did anyway. Most of the people say season 1 was better. So make of that what you will.
Cheers!

Just finished Dark.
S1 was great imo, S2 was okay....but it was getting irritating towards S3 (Climax was decent).
Watched some 'explanation' video, still couldn't get what 'infinite loop' everybody was talking about? :p :D

(irritating mainly because of the dialogues or lack of them at times. 'Are you thinking the same I am thinking' type stuffs. The 'look' mostly people gave instead of some word. )

Just finished Dark.
S1 was great imo, S2 was okay....but it was getting irritating towards S3 (Climax was decent).
Watched some 'explanation' video, still couldn't get what 'infinite loop' everybody was talking about? [emoji14] :D

(irritating mainly because of the dialogues or lack of them at times. 'Are you thinking the same I am thinking' type stuffs. The 'look' mostly people gave instead of some word. )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200812-233358.jpg
    Screenshot_20200812-233358.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Started watching "Fauda" after seeing people recommending on Team BHP thread. Really good series. Just so you know, it is entirely in Arabic / Hebrew Language so use subtitles, don't watch with dubbing, you won't like it.
I am done with 2 seasons and season 3 I will start soon.

After Fauda i watched the old Hatufim but it's a completely different style than even Homeland. More of a slow drama with soap opera bits. Decent watch though. 7/10. Fauda is an 8.5/10.

Shalom. Hamdulillah.

Extracurricular(Netflix)- 9/10

I didn't know what to expect going in as there are almost no reviews on the internet so far.

I checked it out.

The many decisions the characters take seemed silly to the point of being unbelievable or devoid of logic, making it an excessively contrived plot atleast for me.

Thanks nonetheless!

Last edited:
Would suggest the following:

1. House MD (literally awesome, for me the best series ever)

2. Jack Ryan (good action and storyline, single story per season like prison break)

3. Seinfeld (if you are looking for something funny)

I checked it out.

The many decisions the characters take seemed silly to the point of being unbelievable or devoid of logic, making it an excessively contrived plot atleast for me.

Thanks nonetheless!
On the contrary I liked that. That shows the people are stupid and can make stupid decisions under pressure. I didn't fully understand the mindset of the lead female character to the end. But her acting was rock solid given that it was her first lead.

On the contrary I liked that. That shows the people are stupid and can make stupid decisions under pressure. I didn't fully understand the mindset of the lead female character to the end. But her acting was rock solid given that it was her first lead.
Both of the protagonists acted quite well. Park Ju Hyun seems to be quite a versatile actress as she made you want to kill her in the first few episodes but ended up loving her because of her charisma and angst that she brings into the character

Back