Epic fail by BJP govt. in gurgaon in yesterdays rain!

over 20 hours since rains and waterlogging still there. People yesterday stuck in 6 hour jams. Know friends who did not reach home even at midniht while leaving work at 7. many just left their cars on the road and walked back a few kms.The rains started at 4pm and ended at 5:00 but pathetic response and drainage in this city. Shortage of cops,traffic police and drainage here. City contributes highest revenue in haryana and is left to the dogs. First pic is 5 mins from my home in the centre of the city.

gg1.JPG
gg2.JPG
gg3.JPG
gg4.JPG

And how is the BJP government at fault? Or has Mr. Kejri decided to dissolve the government again?

BJP has not been in power in NCR for ever...and Kejri is in charge since last 2 years or so....and still the fault is BJP....you my friend are a stooge.

And how is the BJP government at fault? Or has Mr. Kejri decided to dissolve the government again?

BJP has not been in power in NCR for ever...and Kejri is in charge since last 2 years or so....and still the fault is BJP....you my friend are a stooge.
lol gurgaon comes in haryana where bjp rules it. aap is not in power here.

Sorry, you are right. Gurgoan does come under harayana and not ncr as I thought. Also keep in mind that this is the first bjp government in harayana and gurgoan is not a city which has come up under their rule. Irrespective, all I am trying to say is that atleast blame the right people and don't color your views

it was the previous govt that fcuked gurgaon to the core. i don't follow politics, so i had to check wiki who was in power after 2004.

the mess that you see in the pics is because the previous govt allowed those malls and multistoried office/residential buildings to come up, without any thought given to the traffic management and distribution of resources.

When I saw the masterplan of DLF cyberhub in 2003~4, I was awestruck to see number of closely spaced buildings. There wasn't any space for efficient movement... just buildings, buildings and more buildings. And then the risk of fire was always there.

Ours was the second huge building to come up in that area and the first one to catch fire. Rest of the buildings in Cybergreens area came up in front of my eyes. There was no NH8 back then. Just a normal dirt laden road.

With all that development in 2004, anyone could sense the nightmare couple of years down the line. During rains, I was starting to skip my evening cab as early as 2006. The toll plaza was a proof that Haryana govt was taking bribes and passing projects with their eyes closed. Govt didn't have any foresight. Anyone can see how they diverted the metro line towards IFFCO when it could reach the old gurgaon. It was clearly done to support the newly developed township by the likes of DLFs and Ansals.

We bought a residential plot bang in the middle of Cybergreens, overlooking my office. But soon I realized that it's going to be a nightmare to live in that area. My family though that since Gurgaon is yet to be developed, it'd be better planned. But no, haryana govt hired 5th grade students as their city planners. And they shamelessly titled it the Millennium city.

But the same can be said for other cities wherever there is an IT boom. I was in Whitefield, Bangalore when it was in development phase. They were planning for such a huge expansion and connectivity to that part of the town was a nightmare. Because of my bad luck, I was in Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore, when it was in its worst development phase.

Bangalore can be excused as they don't have huge roads to begin with but Gurgaon is really pathetic because they had all the space and yet they couldn't plan.

Doesn't matter which party is in power. Like Criminal pointed out above, all the planning is done only keeping the developer's interests in mind. Same is done in case of every city these days. Chandigarh was a lucky fluke because it was developed long ago when the govt carried out these projects themselves. These days development is nothing but cutting plots out of agricultural land and building skyscrapers and flyovers on it.

Sorry, you are right. Gurgoan does come under harayana and not ncr as I thought. Also keep in mind that this is the first bjp government in harayana and gurgoan is not a city which has come up under their rule. Irrespective, all I am trying to say is that atleast blame the right people and don't color your views
so after how many years of negligence can i start blaming the party in power will 2018 be ok since bjp here would be in power for 4 years then atleast or should i wait till another term atleast ? does it take 2 years to build a half decent drain that can tolerate rain or have traffic police on road to manage traffic ? literally no progress done since last 2 years.

@Criminal - even i know full situation having lived here for 15 years in gurgaon. 2 years is plenty of time to have some basic amenities when even the central govt. is their. Building a drain does not take 5-10 years. Let us not justify mediocrity by having such low standards. If the money spent on changing the name was spent on some desilting and preparation gurgaon wont be in such a deluge on every shower. i voted for BJP and i expect basic amenities living in the centre of the city. Even now builders in gurgaon dont follow any laws and khattar does nothing to any builder. They anyway havent taken any action against previous govt. misdeeds, their bigwigs claimed vadra would be in jail within a week of them coming in power. let me check my calender if the week has passed :p

governments will come and go congress/bjp/aap anyone as corruption has entered the deep core of india....floods will come and go....nothing will change thats the reality of india and if you are fed up then leave india.

by next 6 month everyone will forget this and by next year july all will post on fb n twitter and this cycle goes on.

literally no progress done since last 2 years.
since 1947 as no city is made by planning or have basic amenities in our country. you wont be voting for bjp so will you vote for congress again or try AAP ?

Last edited:
Was this the first rains of the year in that region? What's the normal rain in mm expected in that region? It's just that we start bashing even without knowing what exactly happened and what's the cause of the water logging?

governments will come and go congress/bjp/aap anyone as corruption has entered the deep core of india....floods will come and go....nothing will change thats the reality of india and if you are fed up then leave india.

by next 6 month everyone will forget this and by next year july all will post on fb n twitter and this cycle goes on.

since 1947 as no city is made by planning or have basic amenities in our country. you wont be voting for bjp so will you vote for congress again or try AAP ?
well i like majority of indians too would love to live in a better and safer country if i could afford to settle there. you seem quite the cynic though :D who i vote for in 3 years i will decide it then based on candidate and the situation then. My vote is not predecided years before elections based on parties or their agendas.

Was this the first rains of the year in that region? What's the normal rain in mm expected in that region? It's just that we start bashing even without knowing what exactly happened and what's the cause of the water logging?
no it was not the first rain and also was nothing torrential , its nearly august and monsoon is usually expected in first week of july here. Actually in a big city like gurgaon there is no rain measuring system unsurprisingly. The one in outer edge of city in palam recorded 5.8mm rain that day based on toi front page. The CM here had a twitter AMA sorta thing that day as well and did not reply to even one of the hundreds of questions asked by residents regarding this flooding. whats worse is he transferred a few top policemen for the mess as if they were supposed to desilt drains and to try and find a scapegoat. No major action on the civic agencies who are majorly responsible for the mess. The cause is no work on desilting of major drains, no linking of drains to one another , 0 drains besides roads in major sectors of the city and water expected to flow on roads and with it flows the roads which develop potholes in a few months , hardly any rainwater harvesting systems and the one that did happen are clogged due to no maintenance.

no it was not the first rain and also was nothing torrential , its nearly august and monsoon is usually expected in first week of july here. Actually in a big city like gurgaon there is no rain measuring system unsurprisingly. The one in outer edge of city in palam recorded 5.8mm rain that day based on toi front page. The CM here had a twitter AMA sorta thing that day as well and did not reply to even one of the hundreds of questions asked by residents regarding this flooding. whats worse is he transferred a few top policemen for the mess as if they were supposed to desilt drains and to try and find a scapegoat. No major action on the civic agencies who are majorly responsible for the mess. The cause is no work on desilting of major drains, no linking of drains to one another , 0 drains besides roads in major sectors of the city and water expected to flow on roads and with it flows the roads which develop potholes in a few months , hardly any rainwater harvesting systems and the one that did happen are clogged due to no maintenance.
Even a Relatively planned city like Bangalore also had water logging, traffic jams yesterday.

We should be blaming the lack of proper town planning ; But, most deservingly lack of Family Planning also...

Even a Relatively planned city like Bangalore also had water logging, traffic jams yesterday.

We should be blaming the lack of proper town planning ; But, most deservingly lack of Family Planning also...
even if family planning would be done imo people would still flock to the metros. there are not that many jobs and opportunities in small places in india. Dont know about bangalore but was it as bad as here ? people were stuck for 6 hours on the jams and there was knee deep water till 10 hours on few heavy traffic highway points. We need good IITians and IAS peope to take our country forward. Not these uneducated netas who blame and enjoy their chopper rides.

We need good IITians and IAS peope to take our country forward. Not these uneducated netas who blame and enjoy their chopper rides.

You should add "qualified" and "capable" in addition to the education. Not just any IITian or IAS would do. Education alone does not guarantee either of them. For instance, Kejriwal is living proof that even the gates of premier Institutes are not idiot proof and that somebody with the IQ not more than a monkey can still earn educational degrees (That is assuming he did not get them the "Tomar" way). The way AK behaves and his ravings makes Modi and heck even Rahul Gandhi sound like Einstein in comparison.

Also FYI, Aravind Kejriwal, the CM of Delhi wanted to spend Rs 600 crore of public money for personal advertisements of himself on TV and by that I mean advertisements of himself, not of the Govt or govt schemes or even the AAP party when at the time, Municipality workers had not been paid salaries. When workers refused to work and the garbage fiasco came into limelight, the first solution that he apparently proposed was to force the workers to continue working for free under threat of arrests and punishments.

Educated or not, we don't have any qualified and capable leaders. I mean, an important role such as that of holding the reigns of the HRD ministry was till recently in the hands an uneducated women (whose IQ and stupidity is not much different than AK) that does not understand the difference between a multi-year college degree and a one week seminar participation certificate

Personally, I would blame the people voting for these parties and leaders. How are you going to get qualified and capable leaders when the people voting for them are not qualified to be voting. When leaders can score majority votes in exchange for money, gifts or promises of freebies after they win or because they belong to a certain caste, religion, how are you going to get capable leaders. What you get are the useless leaders that we have right now.

Even in Hyderabad/Secunderabad if rain falls for at least 2 hours continuously then the low lying areas look like rivers and streams. What is the present govt or for that sake previous govt has done till now.

i voted for BJP and i expect basic amenities living in the centre of the city.
This is what the problem is with ppl like you who do not think while voting. Next time vote for the candidate who is better in the ward/region you are voting from. This will make sure your ward is developed as per your needs (your implies to every voter)

Captain FactCheck is here to save you from your ignorance. :D

You should add "qualified" and "capable" in addition to the education. Not just any IITian or IAS would do. Education alone does not guarantee either of them. For instance, Kejriwal is living proof that even the gates of premier Institutes are not idiot proof and that somebody with the IQ not more than a monkey can still earn educational degrees (That is assuming he did not get them the "Tomar" way). The way AK behaves and his ravings makes Modi and heck even Rahul Gandhi sound like Einstein in comparison.
Repeat after me - "You dont judge a politician by the way he behaves, you judge him by his work."
He is fighting the PM of India who has severe insecurities now that AK demolished his Modi wave into peices. Dat broken ego seeks revenge. He working against Cong + BJP who combined have ruled 100% of this country's central govt since freedom. He is fighting deeply rooted corruption, running agovt that doesnt have its own police. Cant pass its own laws, which it has passed some 20 of but stuck at LG or Home ministry. STILL they have managed to make a difference. So get off you high horse and give them a freaking break!

Also FYI, Aravind Kejriwal, the CM of Delhi wanted to spend Rs 600 crore of public money for personal advertisements of himself on TV and by that I mean advertisements of himself, not of the Govt or govt schemes or even the AAP party when at the time, Municipality workers had not been paid salaries. When workers refused to work and the garbage fiasco came into limelight, the first solution that he apparently proposed was to force the workers to continue working for free under threat of arrests and punishments.
Did you check how much multiple of that Modi spent? You do understand they have to keep up with him to be a viable alternative? That budget is not for his personal ads. ITs for ALL of the state govt's expenditures. I agree though no party should get to print pics of their leaders in any govt ads, but that has to be for all parties, untill then, pick on the person who leads it first.

You ignorance is insane man. The MCD is ruled by the BJP. The worker fees has to be given by the MCD. So BJP is the one not paying. Still the AAP averted crisis by quickly solving the issue. Please for ****s sake dont target people who are fighting the corrupt. The MCDs are supposed to get revenue from all the advertisment hoarding etc. How many of them are there in Delhi? Check how much each costs to buy ads on. Now multiply it by the number of hoardings and calculate total net earnings. And then see the MCDs budget. You'll be in for a shock. Why? Cause the hoardings are illegal and have been put up by BJP netas who take money privately and wont let anyone bring them down cause they own the MCD. Educated ignorants like you need to either check facts or stop shoving your ignorant beliefs in others faces. You cause more harm than good.

Educated or not, we don't have any qualified and capable leaders. I mean, an important role such as that of holding the reigns of the HRD ministry was till recently in the hands an uneducated women (whose IQ and stupidity is not much different than AK) that does not understand the difference between a multi-year college degree and a one week seminar participation certificate
AK doesnt have a fake Yale degree. Contrary to Irani, AK has done insanly good work in education and other areas directly under their control. So I repeat again, Dont be ignorant, dont play to BJP propaganda, see some sense. Just type in AAP education and find all the info you need. Irani over last two years has systematically demolished educations system and institutions. She has politicized education and constantly violated the autonomy of educational institutions.

Personally, I would blame the people voting for these parties and leaders. How are you going to get qualified and capable leaders when the people voting for them are not qualified to be voting. When leaders can score majority votes in exchange for money, gifts or promises of freebies after they win or because they belong to a certain caste, religion, how are you going to get capable leaders. What you get are the useless leaders that we have right now.
How are you going to get capable leaders leaders if you call the person fighting against all odds as useless for trying to make the best of a very tough situation?
How are you going to get capable leaders when you are okay with shit politicians but will shit on anyone doing a better job than them, for not being perfect as per your imagined standards?
How are you going to get capable leaders if you dont get your head out of the ignorance and actually check facts before spewing out things that arent even based in reality?
How are you going to get capable leaders when you a severely reductionist approach that's not much better than the monkey who shouts "the nation wants to know" everynight on TV?
How are you going to get capable leaders when you safely ignore the standards set by the Party ruling the central govt and go after people trying to do a better job?
How are you going to get capable leaders when you everytime an educated person gets into politics you expect the moon from him but dont have patience to wait for them to learn from their mistakes. Education doesnt make them Superman.

Back