Eragon : Inheritance Thread

RD274

I.can.edit.this?omg
Skilled
Right so after keeping us waiting for god knows long, looks like Eragon cycle is finally coming to an end.

Has anyone preordered it? Its 489 for a copy at flipkart. Are there cheaper options?

PS - Does anyone still remember the story :p

I read Eragon, but did not like it. It's like a kiddy version of Harry Potter, which was childish to start with :p (although I enjoyed the first 3 potter books). The author (who actually was just 20) when the first book was released had very immature style of writing. He did have a knack of good story telling, maybe he will improve after Inheritance series.

Never knew the series became a big success.

Eragon was an okay read. Eldest was barely manageable. I never touched Brisingr. Still, I would preorder Inheritance 'coz my wife likes the series. ;)

I am going to get it. Now lets w8 for Nov 8th or whatever the day is.No preorder for me, ill pick it from Vashi. Need to get 2020 rev too. :facepalm:

As far as story goes, it was good, but felt brisingr was more of a filler.

Been reading this since I was in school when Eragon first took off and I've been waiting ever since for the trilogy (back then) to end. Although can't remember all the details right now :facepalm:

Still anyways, any idea where I could get this book cheaper? While searching the forum, I found a lot of people got Brisingr quite cheap, anything like that for Inheritance right now?

^^ Hehe 8 years is not too long for the series to end. George RR Martin's, song of fire and ice (Game of thrones was book 1) started in 1995, and looks like will take more then 5 years from today to complete...

Ditto for The Sword of Truth. The author dragged it on for more than 15 years or so and then died before finishing the series.IIRC that series has 12or13 books.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well I'm just annoyed that paolini took as long as he did to finish the series. You can drag on an adventure only for so long before you get fed up of it and feel like ditching it.

The movie was terrible. I'm secretly happy they didn't try and shoot a 2nd movie.

Beamed from a low orbit ION cannon via tapatalk

Aces170 said:
I read Eragon, but did not like it. It's like a kiddy version of Harry Potter, which was childish to start with :p (although I enjoyed the first 3 potter books). The author (who actually was just 20) when the first book was released had very immature style of writing. He did have a knack of good story telling, maybe he will improve after Inheritance series.

Never knew the series became a big success.

Sorry I strongly disagree. THere can't be a kiddy version of Harry Potter, it's already kiddy :p

You gotta be kidding us :D

Just finished the book. IMO Eragon is still the best book of the cycle. Although this one did conclude the cycle pretty satisfactorily well, I couldn't help but feel put out with the ending. Although the ending was predicted long back, it was a bit depressing seeing it end the way it did. The action-packed build up to the climax was okay-ish, the climax was decent but what surprised me was that CP took a good 100 pages to wrap up most of the story and *some* loose ends which felt a little dragged on.

Still I'm extremely impressed with the way, CP handled the emotions, feelings and some parts of the story of the book. Clearly his next work will be a lot better and I hope it stays in Alageasia .....

Back