Storage Solutions ESata Casing and/or 2.5" SATA to ESATA cable

puneetritehere

Racer911
Adept
Hi guys..

i have been really looking all over the web to find a decent esata casing for 2.5" sata harddrive or even just a 2.5" sata to esata cable.. ebay returns some choices but all of them are to be imported and ridiculously overpriced ..

can anyone suggest which casing or cable I can buy (please provide web link) an esata casing or just the cable so I can directly connect my HDD after removing it from the current usb 2.0 casing. if anyone here on TE is selling the mentioned products I will be more than happy to purchase from them..

also I wanna purchase one esata casing for a 3.5 inch HDD.. suggestions welcome on this too.. thanks.

3.5 inch HDD - Get Transcend eSATA casing retailing at mkt price @ 1.75 to 1.8k.
2.5 inch HDD - You got only USB 2 casings and some USB 3.0 from China (avoid these) . No eSATA available.

2.5" inch SATA to eSATA cable - available only in US i guess.

Check this Dual Power 12V and 5V Power ESATA USB 2.0 combo to 22Pin SATA cable for 2.5 3.5 | eBay

I have one, purchased off ebay.com, I connect my 2.5 HDD to my Laptop using it

$(KGrHqEOKi0E5bbof,VKBOc4zqbczQ~~60_12.JPG

Check this Dual Power 12V and 5V Power ESATA USB 2.0 combo to 22Pin SATA cable for 2.5 3.5 | eBay

I have one, purchased off ebay.com, I connect my 2.5 HDD to my Laptop using it

View attachment 14757

I am also looking for Esata casing for 3.5" HD for a very long time,I went to nehru place couple of days back.after inquiring a lot of shops I found 2-3 having Transcend casing with eSata port,they quoted around 1800-1900Rs for it,Which I thought is a bit overpriced,I was expecting something around 1300Rs,So didnt buy it.

What about these Esata cables?I never heard of these before,didnt even knew such thing exists.
Can I connect my 3.5"HD with these to my laptop which has one Esata port?Do they work fine and how do they draw power to run HD?and if they do, why would one buy overpriced Casing when they can get the job done?Any issues with them?

e-sata.jpg

See my order above, I'm using this with my Sony Laptop to connect to a 2.5 Toshiba 320 GB disk, not sure if it will work with 3.5, it gets power from the esata port

I am also looking for Esata casing for 3.5" HD for a very long time,I went to nehru place couple of days back.after inquiring a lot of shops I found 2-3 having Transcend casing with eSata port,they quoted around 1800-1900Rs for it,Which I thought is a bit overpriced,I was expecting something around 1300Rs,So didnt buy it.

What about these Esata cables?I never heard of these before,didnt even knew such thing exists.
Can I connect my 3.5"HD with these to my laptop which has one Esata port?Do they work fine and how do they draw power to run HD?and if they do, why would one buy overpriced Casing when they can get the job done?Any issues with them?

Yeah they are the same. Same price for over 4 years. I got one 4yrs back @ 2150 INR.

I'm using the USB 2.0 to SATA Chinese casing -- not perfect but its good enough. The connection drops if it heats up too much though (54-60 minutes of continuous activity)

Back