Budget 0-20k Everyday home use 10"-11" (EDIT: Bought ASUS X200MA)

imkaush

Adept
Hi guyz,

Need to buy a laptop for generic home use, viz. web browsing, ms office, etc.

Hoping to have an HDMI port so that I can watch movies/online videos/etc on my lg 32" led tv.

Want to spend as minimum as possible preferably ~15k

Have found one model matching these requirements but didn't find any helpful reviews:

Asus X200MA-KX234D
(Available for ~17k from amazon india)

Does anybody have any experience with this lappy or any similar suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I too want something similar (small in size and cheap). But have been holding back fr buying the Asus X200 because the RAM on that cannot be upgraded.

As per FK, x200ma-kx234d has VGA webcam whereas kx141h(black)/140d(white) have HD webcam.... :S

Not able to find the differences between this models anywhere else, not even on ASUS website. :(

KX141D(black) was available on amazon for ~17.9k so ordered it.... :cool:

Please do let me know how is the performance. Playing full hd movies, browsing on chrome with many tabs open are the main concerns.

Just downloaded a 1080p divx video(.mkv) and played in VLC.... (OS: Win7 Ultimate x64)

It ran flawlessly without any jitters....

Here is the video link

Pretty satisfied with the performace so far.... cheers! :D

there is only one ram slot, so will have to do away with the existing 2GB stick and use a 4GB one.
(EDIT: Available RAM is 1.89GB which means it is shared with video memory)

Battery backup is around 4 hours which is superb for a 3-cell battery...

The Ram is replaceable?? I read somewhere that the ram is soldered, hence not replaceable.
If its replaceable, I am buying one too. :)

Oh...haven't checked that... looking at the base, there is no separate ram cover which can be removed to replace the ram....it's a single cover for the base with screws...

so not sure if the ram is soldered or not...

Back