Excitel Broadband - Comprehensive Review - 5Mbps - SDSL - Unlimited - no FUP

Hi.. I am also thinking of getting their connection. I recently got DEN but they have random disconnections - though it connects back in a minute but I need a consistent internet because I use it for online gaming.

Also like you mentioned - they have DOUBLE NAT - and to get a single NAT - I'd have to apply for a static IP - is this something you have taken and if I ask the customer care - will they understand this request in a few attempts or I'll have to bang my head?! :D I had to get in a call for an hour with the DEN customer care to get a static IP.

So - overall - do you face any random downtimes (for a minute even because I am not a fan of that - once in a while, its okay but not every 2-3 hours). Got to say - Airtel was really good - they had a consistent internet but they were greedy and the speeds were till 8mbps.

The plans are really cheap and I am thinking of going for a 25mpbs connections @ 1799 - my monthly usage is about 200 GB.

Hi.. I am also thinking of getting their connection. I recently got DEN but they have random disconnections - though it connects back in a minute but I need a consistent internet because I use it for online gaming.

Also like you mentioned - they have DOUBLE NAT - and to get a single NAT - I'd have to apply for a static IP - is this something you have taken and if I ask the customer care - will they understand this request in a few attempts or I'll have to bang my head?! :D I had to get in a call for an hour with the DEN customer care to get a static IP.

So - overall - do you face any random downtimes (for a minute even because I am not a fan of that - once in a while, its okay but not every 2-3 hours). Got to say - Airtel was really good - they had a consistent internet but they were greedy and the speeds were till 8mbps.

The plans are really cheap and I am thinking of going for a 25mpbs connections @ 1799 - my monthly usage is about 200 GB.

1) No, I haven't yet purchased a static IP from them. But I'm looking forward to getting it in the near future.

2) Getting a static IP is easy; you can either call their new toll-free customer care number 1-800-419-0616 or, you can contact your cable operator for it. Response of your cable operator depends on how technically skilled and/or well maintained they are. However most of them should understand the request easily, I'd reckon. My cable operator, for example, is really skilled and has decades worth of experience, which is probably why I'm able to use Excitel's services in such a smooth manner, whereas, other customers who have useless cable operators, face issues.

3) Again, downtime depends heavily on how well your cable operator manages and maintains their local network. Sloppy ones do a bad job at maintenance and don't monitor the status of their network. My cable operator, for example, monitors the local network and keeps everything running smooth at all times. The couple of times that I did face issues to begin with, in the past, sometimes, I didn't even need to call anyone; they knew that something was wrong within minutes and fixed it automatically.

If you want to know the general connection quality of Excitel, its a premium quality connection when its ON and if there's ever an issue, it will be completely DOWN. I mean, if its working, it works without ANY "request timeouts" / packet loss. If there's something wrong, the internet will be completely disconnected. This is extremely rare. If at all, you might face downtime sometimes for like a few minutes once a month maybe, but its fixed automatically without the need to do anything (at least in my case).

Still, if you're a part of the group which has extreme sensitivity / low tolerance to even the slightest disconnections whatsoever, you should stay with ChorTel, lol. Connection stability is the only thing that thieving scum of an ISP does right. Excitel is still a growing ISP, and while it can compete with other ISPs in terms of generous and cheap internet packages, you should never compare it with other "set in" ISPs in terms of stability. Only opt for newer ISPs if you have some tolerance for minor disconnections.

Last edited:
1) No, I haven't yet purchased a static IP from them. But I'm looking forward to getting it in the near future.

2) Getting a static IP is easy; you can either call their new toll-free customer care number 1-800-419-0616 or, you can contact your cable operator for it. Response of your cable operator depends on how technically skilled and/or well maintained they are. However most of them should understand the request easily, I'd reckon. My cable operator, for example, is really skilled and has decades worth of experience, which is probably why I'm able to use Excitel's services in such a smooth manner, whereas, other customers who have useless cable operators, face issues.

3) Again, downtime depends heavily on how well your cable operator manages and maintains their local network. Sloppy ones do a bad job at maintenance and don't monitor the status of their network. My cable operator, for example, monitors the local network and keeps everything running smooth at all times. The couple of times that I did face issues to begin with, in the past, sometimes, I didn't even need to call anyone; they knew that something was wrong within minutes and fixed it automatically.

If you want to know the general connection quality of Excitel, its a premium quality connection when its ON and if there's ever an issue, it will be completely DOWN. I mean, if its working, it works without ANY "request timeouts" / packet loss. If there's something wrong, the internet will be completely disconnected. This is extremely rare. If at all, you might face downtime sometimes for like a few minutes once a month maybe, but its fixed automatically without the need to do anything (at least in my case).

Still, if you're a part of the group which has extreme sensitivity / low tolerance to even the slightest disconnections whatsoever, you should stay with ChorTel, lol. Connection stability is the only thing that thieving scum of an ISP does right. Excitel is still a growing ISP, and while it can compete with other ISPs in terms of generous and cheap internet packages, you should never compare it with other "set in" ISPs in terms of stability. Only opt for newer ISPs if you have some tolerance for minor disconnections.

Thanks - much appreciated.

4 Days after installation I am getting several issues like 1.3 MBPS speed instead of 10 MBPS, not able to play Online Games with their gaming software. Also not able to upload videos to several websites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe etc.

4 Days after installation I am getting several issues like 1.3 MBPS speed instead of 10 MBPS, not able to play Online Games with their gaming software. Also not able to upload videos to several websites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe etc.

Obvious troll reply, laughed hard. Even though you have posted no proofs to verify your claims (since this is your first post), and your post qualifies as a "he said, she said" post, I'll still try to help you.

1.3 MBPS speed instead of 10 MBPS
1) To begin with, you don't understand the meaning of Mbps / MBps and the like. "10 MBPS" (as you stated), means 10 MB/s which is equal to 80 Mbps, which doesn't fall into any of the packages that Excitel offers.

2) If you're getting 166 KB/s (1.3 Mbps) instead of 1.25 MB/s (10 Mbps) (which I think you intended to say), you should first either download their Android application from the Google Play store OR you could try calling them on their toll-free customer care number: 1-800-419-0616. If you choose to use their Android app, you can save some time and create a ticket for yourself, after logging into your account, which is exactly what their customer care officials create once you call them.

not able to play Online Games with their gaming software.

3) This cracked me up. lol. Excitel doesn't provide any "gaming software" that I know of, so I'm not sure what you're trying to pull off there. :D

Also not able to upload videos to several websites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe etc.

4) Typical generic comment without proofs, I might add. I also like how you threw in an "etc" at the end of your statement for possible increased emphasis, lol. Sorry, but that statement especially (and your entire post, in general), doesn't appear to be a genuine post, but instead seems to be of a trolling nature.

Obvious troll reply, laughed hard. Even though you have posted no proofs to verify your claims (since this is your first post), and your post qualifies as a "he said, she said" post, I'll still try to help you.

1) To begin with, you don't understand the meaning of Mbps / MBps and the like. "10 MBPS" (as you stated), means 10 MB/s which is equal to 80 Mbps, which doesn't fall into any of the packages that Excitel offers.

2) If you're getting 166 KB/s (1.3 Mbps) instead of 1.25 MB/s (10 Mbps) (which I think you intended to say), you should first either download their Android application from the Google Play store OR you could try calling them on their toll-free customer care number: 1-800-419-0616. If you choose to use their Android app, you can save some time and create a ticket for yourself, after logging into your account, which is exactly what their customer care officials create once you call them.

3) This cracked me up. lol. Excitel doesn't provide any "gaming software" that I know of, so I'm not sure what you're trying to pull off there. :D

4) Typical generic comment without proofs, I might add. I also like how you threw in an "etc" at the end of your statement for possible increased emphasis, lol. Sorry, but that statement especially (and your entire post, in general), doesn't appear to be a genuine post, but instead seems to be of a trolling nature.

I want to ask, are you getting paid by someone to post positive things even when the sky is falling for Internet connection in India? Even here I bet you will say no.....

What frustrates me here is that I am not able to upload any video to Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo or other video sharing sites except Youtube and that game I am not able to play.

I want to ask, are you getting paid by someone to post positive things

Are you an agent of rival ISPs who is being paid to post "generic, poorly worded negative reviews" as your FIRST POST in a forum and that too without any proofs whatsoever?

See what I did there? Anyway, nice to meet you, and to answer your question, I'm a customer (not an employee as you accused, but thanks, I'll take that as a compliment) which moved on from a hellish life with using MTNL's internet services and who upon using Excitel's services has been extremely elated with it.

even when the sky is falling for Internet connection in India?
What does that even mean, I can't even comprehend that. lol.

What frustrates me here is that I am not able to upload any video to Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo or other video sharing sites except Youtube.

If you've ever been part of sensible discussions on internet forums, you would know that posting things like "im not able to do X" statements don't really help anyone. You should post exactly what happens or maybe post a screenshot or a video. Why can't you upload; for example you should post what happens when you try to do so ... instead of what you're posting.

and that game I am not able to play
Another vague statement that won't help anyone, whatsoever. No screenshot, no description, you didn't even mention which game it was or which server you're trying to connect to, no tracert logs, nothing. There's nothing that you've posted that is genuine and/or concrete and you expect people to take you seriously.

Well, thanks for clarifying that. I intended to indicate the ease of accusing someone of something, especially when used in conjunction with supporting oneself's weak arguments. Either way, I've already suggested about the possible actions he/she can undertake, which are explained in my previous post(s) (android app/toll free customer care number).

I am not able to upload videos, how do I solve this problem? The video websites say that connection lost repeatedly while I can download things uninterrupted. Same with the game I plays says "Connection is Lost". and this ISP even don't have option of taking fixed IP.

I am not able to upload videos, how do I solve this problem? The video websites say that connection lost repeatedly while I can download things uninterrupted. Same with the game I plays says "Connection is Lost". and this ISP even don't have option of taking fixed IP.

First things first. You should read up about Networx, install it and learn how to use it. This is an extremely useful software, which lets the user monitor his/her own connection and does several things, including real-time speed monitoring, usage logging, graphs and more.

It also has a super useful "Networx Desk Band", which is a neat little graph, which is small and non-obstructive and yet extremely powerful, as it shows you, just at a glance, what your connection is CURRENTLY downloading and uploading at.

Now how will Networx benefit you in troubleshooting such network related issues, you might ask? Well, for example, when I start uploading a file/document, I can easily find out WHEN the upload really starts, what speed it is uploading at and also the overall health of the network. The health of the network can be determined by monitoring fluctuations in the speed of your internet connection, be it downloading or uploading. So for example, with your 10 Mbps connection, you should be getting 1.25 MB/s worth of download as well as upload speed. If your connection on an average maintains a speed above 1 MB/s and doesn't fluctuate too much, its working really well, which is how it is in my case; speeds never drop below 1 MB/s and stay between 1-1.25 MB/s. Troubleshooting without Networx is like hoping to hit a 1cm wide target with a needle in a large hall which is pitch black dark.

Also note that I personally, would not recommend uploading files (or even heavy downloading) on a wireless connection. You MUST be connected using an ethernet cable, directly to the router in order to ensure a good connection. Remember this forever, wireless connections will never, and i repeat, NEVER be even comparable to a wired connection in terms of reliability of the connection. Since you don't seem to have a habit of replying in detail, and since you haven't mentioned which type of connection you're using, there are simply too many variables in the equation here and as such, troubleshooting it isn't viable.

Same with the game I plays says "Connection is Lost". and this ISP even don't have option of taking fixed IP.

What are you talking about? It has been mentioned several times in this thread that Excitel does offer static IPs for Rs 1,150/- per year. It has to be purchased separately, as is the case with any DHCP-lease oriented ISP.

I emailed Excitel and called them, for both they told that fixed IP is not available. I might be going back to MTNL and take there night 2 Mbps plan.

@StickySlime
I got excitel installed today and it has been working great except I can't access torbox. Any solution in mind ?

First of all congratulations on getting the Excitel internet connection!
And, what exactly happens when you try to access torbox?

EDIT: It seems torbox is down, i.e. the website is down, did it get taken down or something? I'm not updated on the same, so I have no idea about it.

Last edited:
First of all congratulations on getting the Excitel internet connection!
And, what exactly happens when you try to access torbox?
Thanks! Feels great to move from 2mbps to 10mbps

The page just keeps on loading and then this message pops up -
"
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
"
Can you access it ?

Thanks! Feels great to move from 2mbps to 10mbps

The page just keeps on loading and then this message pops up -
"
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
"
Can you access it ?

No, and I've updated/edited my previous post for it. By the way, you don't even need torbox to get the augmented speeds (20 Mbps) for you ... You can simply use TPB or KAT or other similar torrent websites, 80-90% of all popular torrents are already cached and therefore, most torrents will run at augmented speeds, anyway. I suggest you to use Stremio (Google about it) to get the true value of your Internet connection!

No, and I've updated/edited my previous post for it. By the way, you don't even need torbox to get the augmented speeds (20 Mbps) for you ... You can simply use TPB or KAT or other similar torrent websites, 80-90% of all popular torrents are already cached and therefore, most torrents will run at augmented speeds, anyway. I suggest you to use Stremio (Google about it) to get the true value of your Internet connection!
I know that all of the torrents on yts.ag (yify) are cached (confirmed this from a friend). I get 3mBps on all of them. I'll experiment more

And yeah, will check it (stremio) out

Thanks for the fast replies ! :D

EDIT: Fixed typo :p

Last edited:
Back