Excitel Broadband - Comprehensive Review - 5Mbps - SDSL - Unlimited - no FUP

I have just got an Excitel connection in west Delhi and can echo @StickySlime's experience with it. Better than promised speeds on everything that matters and still very good on everything else.
The problem I have run into is their double NAT setup. Due to which I am unable to use my voip phone and stream my IP Cameras etc.
Anyone here know for sure a static IP would solve that? It doesn't seem likely to me since I will still be behind two NATs (one mine and atleast one of theirs)

Another thing worth mentioning - Excitel seems to be using a transparent DNS proxy which means Excitel intercepts DNS requests and redirects them to its own servers. So if you think you are using google's or opendns's servers you might want to test that. This can also lead to DNS leak when using a VPN depending on how you connect to it.
I have resorted to using dnscrypt on my tomato router to cicumvent this.

EDIT 1: I did some further testing. I connected the Excitel cable directly into my computer and created a ppope connection in windows. This removes one of the NATs from the path. However when I tried to open ports using UPnP, it failed. So it seems the Excitel NAT doesn't support UPnP.
Anyone have the password for the Router OS gateways that Excitel are using, so I can go in and enable UPnP on them ? :)

EDIT 2: I called up Excitel to ask for a static IP but was told they don't offer that anymore. I tried the Exctel app too which still has an option for public IP address but got the same reply --

0IO8esv.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am planning to subscribe with Excitel based on the reviews from this post (even though Google reviews and reviews on mouthshut are quite negative). I wanted to check a couple of things before I go ahead with this.
- How stable is the connection
- Dota 2 pings in Eu west/east servers - (Edit 1 - Read the forum, the ping seems to be 120-130, an updated answer would be appreciated)
- Do torrents work?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am planning to subscribe with Excitel based on the reviews from this post (even though Google reviews and reviews on mouthshut are quite negative). I wanted to check a couple of things before I go ahead with this.
- Dota 2 pings in Eu west/east servers - (Edit 1 - Read the forum, the ping seems to be 120-130, an updated answer would be appreciated)
- Do torrents work?

1) Very stable. There are "disconnections" like what happens with MTNL. I have been using excitel for a month now there have been a total of 3 downtimes, which were fixed within 30 minutes of my complain. Service is exceptionally good

3) Of course. 20mbps on popular torrents, and 10mbps on the rest.

Hi,

I've not been able to post any updates for a while, due to lack of time. I will do the same (and respond to the new replies also) in the near future.
For now, an important update:

Excitel now supports online payments for the monthly renewal of your internet connection, therefore, there's no need to rely on the LCO in order to do this, anymore!

This can be done from here: http://my.excitel.com/
You should use Excitel account credentials to log-in.

Hi,

I've not been able to post any updates for a while, due to lack of time. I will do the same (and respond to the new replies also) in the near future.
For now, an important update:

Excitel now supports online payments for the monthly renewal of your internet connection, therefore, there's no need to rely on the LCO in order to do this, anymore!

This can be done from here: http://my.excitel.com/
You should use Excitel account credentials to log-in.
I called them and found out that it is not available in sarojini nagar even though its main office is not far at all from my house and they have no idea when it will be available
I hope they spread to more areas quickly

I've experienced the LCO - new ISP combination situation for several months until now, so I speak based off of my experiences and findings.

Your comment on the other hand, seems like a non-serious response, more like a hunch, based off of guesses and assumptions.

That, along with the initial "tldr", trollish reply, reflects the credibility of each of those responses.
and you sound like their company rep

and you sound like their company rep

He obviously is

What is wrong with you people? The guy is trying to provide some useful info and has a favorable view of the company. Is that not a possible scenario? He has also mentioned clearly that the cable operator is the weak point in the service and you will only get good service if the cable guy is good. That I think is very reasonable and un-company-rep-like viewpoint.

- Do torrents work?

I Recently switched to excitel from airtel , just 1 month ago.

1) My net went down a few times. Use to come back up on its own - 10-30 minutes, but after telling the tech guy, the connection has been stable.
3) Yes. But some torrents with low seeds, stay on stalled for too long a time. But generally speaking it works great. 1.2 to 2.5 MegaBytes/sec downloads.

Overall I am satisfied, and glad to be rid of FUP.
I have heard , the stability depends a lot on the local company handling the net. Will have to see how it goes

What is wrong with you people? The guy is trying to provide some useful info and has a favorable view of the company. Is that not a possible scenario? He has also mentioned clearly that the cable operator is the weak point in the service and you will only get good service if the cable guy is good. That I think is very reasonable and un-company-rep-like viewpoint.
How come saying that he is a company rep a bad thing ?
I like this isp on paper but too bad it isn't available in my area and i would love to get it if they expand their reach even though my home is not even 10km from their head office

For new connection, excitel sales executive took money and told us to they will connect with in 1 day. After 3 day when we called he did not receive my call and add it to the block list. It's already 1 week left till now we didn't get any connection or even a phone call. All the executive from excitel are theif. Don't give any money to them. That executive who cheated me his name is Rama Krishna pH 8309088660... Excitel is a scam

For new connection, excitel sales executive took money and told us to they will connect with in 1 day. After 3 day when we called he did not receive my call and add it to the block list. It's already 1 week left till now we didn't get any connection or even a phone call. All the executive from excitel are theif. Don't give any money to them. That executive who cheated me his name is Rama Krishna pH 8309088660... Excitel is a scam
That was bad. I never had such experience with excitel, quite the opposite really. The best ISP service I have seen.
I guess it totally depends upon the LCO. Mine are really helpful

We consider such situations with maximum priority, since we have been facing issues wherein, unauthorized entities, whether or not related to a cable operator have been impersonating our sales staff in order to commit such fraudulent activities. We therefore request you to send us your contact details, such as your name, complete address with pincode, mobile number, date of application for the new connection, promised exact date of installation and a screenshot of the RECEIPT provided to you by the representative you encountered.

Send the aforementioned details via an email to community [at] excitel [dot] com and we assure you that we will follow this case till its final resolution.

No, and I've updated/edited my previous post for it. By the way, you don't even need torbox to get the augmented speeds (20 Mbps) for you ... You can simply use TPB or KAT or other similar torrent websites, 80-90% of all popular torrents are already cached and therefore, most torrents will run at augmented speeds, anyway. I suggest you to use Stremio (Google about it) to get the true value of your Internet connection!
The stremio app is quite outdated now.

THEY DON'T EVEN UPDATE THEIR DATABASE REGULARLY

Last edited by a moderator:
Back