Excitel Broadband in Hyderabad; Plans, Availability.

These new plans are insane. I guess it makes them among the best ISP's in India in terms of VFM

These are the speeds I am getting. I am on the 995 plan.

6261346485.png

I would be fine with 20-30 mbps to US servers for 1000 Rs considering I was paying MTNL 2400 a month for 8 mbps around 3 months back.

Some dude was sitting near my place with Excitel pamphlets in hand and an advertisement tent near him. I walked up to him and asked
if this company has connectivity in this area.. So he said yes!

Then i asked who is the end provider? He asks do you want or not? Yeah but tell me few details.

He has no clue who is the Last mile provider. He is sales person it seems holding pamphlets. I asked him whether its the Local cable operator who is providing the service.. He says yes.. but he is not sure again.

Look at this company man. Seriously. Never seen such people in my whole life. Only thing he was best at was No GB limit. No FUP.
Excitel looks like a flyby night company to me. Stay away from @Excitel

Some dude was sitting near my place with Excitel pamphlets in hand and an advertisement tent near him. I walked up to him and asked
if this company has connectivity in this area.. So he said yes!

Then i asked who is the end provider? He asks do you want or not? Yeah but tell me few details.

He has no clue who is the Last mile provider. He is sales person it seems holding pamphlets. I asked him whether its the Local cable operator who is providing the service.. He says yes.. but he is not sure again.

Look at this company man. Seriously. Never seen such people in my whole life. Only thing he was best at was No GB limit. No FUP.
Excitel looks like a flyby night company to me. Stay away from @Excitel

Sorry to see that you've formed such an image about us. If only it was so simple to accurately understand the aims, motives and general functioning of a service provider, that too on the basis of a single person, whose authenticity and details you are not certain about. Accept my apologies if I'm mistaken, but your post seems to be of a troll-ish and provocative nature.

Sorry to see that you've formed such an image about us. If only it was so simple to accurately understand the aims, motives and general functioning of a service provider, that too on the basis of a single person, whose authenticity and details you are not certain about. Accept my apologies if I'm mistaken, but your post seems to be of a troll-ish and provocative nature.
Sorry sir, It was my fault that I've not posted the details of the Franchise and the number of the sales man whom i spoke to.

Franchise: ICE TV PVT LTD (office is at prashant nagar, Balkampet)
Sales person name: Chary or Charan, Don't remember correctly.

PTbFusO.jpg

Instead of blaming some random person just because the actual truth hurts you, You could train the people who sell and manage the last mile.
Look at the reviews on the Internet about Excitel & from a real experience of a friend who had this connection, I have made those comments.

Fix your own shit before you do the name calling. Not sure why Excitel support has been banned on India broadband Forum, Prolly because of such name calling.

Last edited:
Sorry sir, It was my fault that I've not posted the details of the Franchise and the number of the sales man whom i spoke to.

Franchise: ICE TV PVT LTD (office is at prashant nagar, Balkampet)
Sales person name: Chary or Charan, Don't remember correctly.

PTbFusO.jpg

Instead of blaming some random person just because the actual truth hurts you, You could train the people who sell and manage the last mile.
Look at the reviews on the Internet about Excitel & from a real experience of a friend who had this connection, I have made those comments.

Fix your own shit before you do the name calling. Not sure why Excitel support has been banned on India broadband Forum, Prolly because of such name calling.

Mentioning / advertising other forums is probably not a wise decision and is against the rules on most forums. Not to mention the fact that your information is outdated, go figure.

What you, and most other people who believe these scenarios is because LCOs have been forwarding our pamphlets using their own local technician's / sales persons numbers indicated on it. This was not the case earlier, wherein the numbers stamped on the pamphlets used to be related to our own sales representatives sent to the target locality. Due to the present situation, therefore, it has become difficult for the customer to accurate distinguish between our sales representatives and the same from the LCO. Not claiming that the case you experienced is the one I have just described, however that does happen more often than it is given credit for.

On this point, I agree with you, it needs to be rectified. However, I still believe that general forum conversations should carry some sort of rationale and flaming should be discouraged, something which was strikingly apparent from your initial post in this regard.

Mentioning / advertising other forums is probably not a wise decision and is against the rules on most forums.

Nah. TE is cool with all this. You can link competing forums also.

What you, and most other people who believe these scenarios is because LCOs have been forwarding our pamphlets using their own local technician's / sales persons numbers indicated on it. This was not the case earlier, wherein the numbers stamped on the pamphlets used to be related to our own sales representatives sent to the target locality. Due to the present situation, therefore, it has become difficult for the customer to accurate distinguish between our sales representatives and the same from the LCO. Not claiming that the case you experienced is the one I have just described, however that does happen more often than it is given credit for.

LCO or own company. We do not know. The pamphlet is quite original, so you guys should know.

^ how is the service? any downtimes? blocking of sites?

I have been using Excitel from July 2018, was previously using ACT. A minimum of 1-2 downtimes a week ranging anywhere between 10 mins to 2-3 hrs. Customer service sucks big time. They have no idea and give out generic template answers. Thankfully, the local technician is just a call away and is very helpful.

If you are looking for stability, then stay away from Excitel. However, if you want unlimited streaming/downloading without any thought about FUP, then Excitel is the way to go.

I have been using Excitel from July 2018, was previously using ACT. A minimum of 1-2 downtimes a week ranging anywhere between 10 mins to 2-3 hrs. Customer service sucks big time. They have no idea and give out generic template answers. Thankfully, the local technician is just a call away and is very helpful.

If you are looking for stability, then stay away from Excitel. However, if you want unlimited streaming/downloading without any thought about FUP, then Excitel is the way to go.
My experience has been exactly the same. Which area, if may ask?

Back