Excitel Broadband - India's First - Truly Unlimited - No FUP - 100 Mbps Connection under Rs 1000

Yeah Hathway doesnt update plans on their website. Right now they are giving 50 mbps with 1000GB FUP for 899 in Delhi.

Impressed by all the jazz , i spend 800rs & renew my Excitel connection for the 50Mbps plan , even though I have a Nextra 25Mbps connection active & running.

Good thing is that Speedtest shows 45-50Mbps speed mostly and Youtube seems to be running very fine.

BUT the speeds fluctuate so much in every other aspect. Be it Netflix (with which they claim to have a special peering) , Torrents , File downloads from HTTP/FTP etc.
In fact, Amazon Prime video streams are downright atrocious. Fluctuating every few seconds between 1080P, HD and every other resolution in between till 280 !!

And this is all while on Lan .. They just need to beef up their last mile infrastructure.

And just a wild thought ( I am no techie) - all they seem to have done is uncap the speed limit at the customer end to an astronomical figure, while their internal backbone & external bandwidth probably remain the same ! I am connected from the box through a CAT5 cable. (FTTN, I guess)
This probably results in these wild fluctuations , depending on the momentary traffic in their network.

201001, if you are providing in ghaziabad pin codes then tell me please

122002 connectivity available?

sector 39,40 and 31 gurgaon connection available ?

Please contact our sales team, at our toll-free number: (1-800-419-0616). They can provide a conclusive answer about availability as well as feasibility of an area or locality.

I got no reply from your sales team after yesterday, been 30 hours, please respond if you offer connectivity.

According to the Points of Presence / Coverage Map that we have on our website, there are PoPs at Block A, Pandav Nagar and Mayur Vihar Phase 1, which is somewhat near your locality, CWG Village. However, that doesn't ensure serviceability in your vicinity, as each specific location can vary largely, as far as technical feasibility is concerned.

This looks nice. Please considering branching out around Ahmedabad, Gujarat!

We'll keep that mind. We have been receiving coverage requests from all parts of the country. We will evaluate our options and continue our trend of expanding at a great pace.

BUT the speeds fluctuate so much in every other aspect. Be it Netflix (with which they claim to have a special peering) , Torrents , File downloads from HTTP/FTP etc.
In fact, Amazon Prime video streams are downright atrocious. Fluctuating every few seconds between 1080P, HD and every other resolution in between till 280 !!

Netflix seems to be running fine since we established peering with them and we haven't received complaints regarding speed issues with torrents and/or file downloads. Amazon prive does have some issues, but that is being looked into.

Netflix seems to be running fine since we established peering with them and we haven't received complaints regarding speed issues with torrents and/or file downloads. Amazon prive does have some issues, but that is being looked into.

OK. So the rest of my theory below is true then?

And just a wild thought ( I am no techie) - all they seem to have done is uncap the speed limit at the customer end to an astronomical figure, while their internal backbone & external bandwidth probably remain the same ! I am connected from the box through a CAT5 cable. (FTTN, I guess)
This probably results in these wild fluctuations , depending on the momentary traffic in their network.

OK. So the rest of my theory below is true then?

No. You can test that for yourself.

Servers as far as Stockholm, Sweden and the United States of America (and everything in between and around) are all accessible with speeds of 6.8 MB/s on the 50 Mbps plan, for example. International traffic, as well as peering, both are now equivalent, with regards to the speeds that can be attained. That means that if you're on the 50 Mbps plan, for example, you will get 50 Mbps, no matter whether it uses international traffic or peering.

Yeah Hathway doesnt update plans on their website. Right now they are giving 50 mbps with 1000GB FUP for 899 in Delhi.

Wow didn't know that. I am currently using Excitel but a few friends are gonna love this news

Can't say for Amazon prime or netflix (don't have these) but speeds on torrents and FTP downloads are freaking amazing (and very consistent too). If a single torrent is not utilizing the full bandwidth, I just add a couple more and the total speed easily crosses 6mBps.
Seriously, I have never even seen such speeds before. Like, this was the transition for me -> 512kbps (Airtel) > 512kbps (MTNL) > 5mbps (DEN,very low data limit; 2mbps post that) > 5>10>20>40>50 (Excitel)

only 2 places in India. come to Thane and Palghar areas in Maharashtra. Don't go to Mumbai. They already have lots of big isp's there.
No we don't. And those that do have are shit expensive.

If you plan to come to this pincode 400049
Street name : SHRI GB JUKAR MARG, Juhu then let me know.

Newbie here, What exactly is Static IP address? Why do people keep on requesting one?

It would be great if someone can explain to me in simpler terms.

Newbie here, What exactly is Static IP address? Why do people keep on requesting one?

Static Ip means you will be assigned One IP address. Dynamic IP means whenever you restart your router the ip will change. Having static ip has both advantages and disadvantages. You can google it up too.

No we don't. And those that do have are shit expensive.
If you plan to come to this pincode 400049
Street name : SHRI GB JUKAR MARG, Juhu then let me know.

Sure. Information regarding new regions / states where we would expand in the future would be released from time to time.

Short version:
Every device that is connected to the internet uses an "IP address" which is made up of a series of numbers with periods (dots) between them in the basic format of the lines of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and, which uniquely identifies a device connected to the internet. As far as public IP addresses are concerned, ISPs assign IP addresses, primarily, using a dynamic IP address scheme. What this means is basically that ISPs have pools of public IP addresses and they use different IP addresses for different customers as and when they connect with them. This means that every time a new connection is made, there is a high change of a customer being assigned a different IP address than the previous session.

A static IP address on the other hand, is employed sometimes by an ISP by assigning a fixed public IP address to the end user. This allows the user to forward their ports effectively, which can be useful for receiving incoming connections for torrents, for multiplayer gaming, accessing IP cameras from the internet and other stuff.

I hope that clears some doubts. :)

So those who use these services, who are assigned a dynamic IP address, what problems they face? As I guess most of the people have dynamic IP?
You cannot port forward so since your ip changes after every few hours if you setup port forward for particular ip you will notice that the forwarding was useless as ip has changed now.

The other issue is sometimes the ip which was assigned to you might have been assigned to someone else who may or may not have been a hacker or has a huge list of virus installed in their computer. So once the ip address you get and try to login to any website the website will instantly block you because they detected virus in this ip address or sometimes ban your IP address to prevent attack. This is a common issue Sony PlayStation does this.

But advantage is that if they ban the ip. A restart will help as you will be given new ip address and can play again.

posting a little more detailed experience after using the new 50Mbs service for a few days.

Youtube is flawless, havent tried 4K streaming , but 1080P HD works fine, even over multiple streams.
Netflix is ok, but not what you would expect from a 50Mbps connection. Prime video is poor, but seems to have improved over the pathetic experience of the first day.
Speedtest of a "phoren" server shows 4-5Mbps, no matter where the server.
Well seeded Torrents see great speeds.

@Excitel : Absolute difference in customer care and sales executive versions.

At my sis's new house we need static ip. The sales guy assured it's not an issue; took 3 months advance. He told us to contact customer care to arrange for static ip.
But, the customer care bluntly refused that excitel never provides static ip.

Last edited:

At my sis's new house we need static ip. The sales guy assured it's not an issue; took 3 months advance. He told us to contact customer care to arrange for static ip.
Well you are from delhi and you should know what we do to liars
Next time you see that sales guy, break both his legs and take whatever he has in his pocket

So those who use these services, who are assigned a dynamic IP address, what problems they face? As I guess most of the people have dynamic IP?

These issues only primarily affect the niche user-base which is technically sound. The majority of the users will not be affected by it. The primary issue here is not having a dynamically changing IP address, but rather the double NAT infrastructure, which prohibits incoming connections to the end user.

That's certainly not how it is meant to be. I apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you. The "sales" person that you are referring to, is he an Excitel employee or is he related to the LCO? Just wanted to clarify this, since we've noticed customers sometimes referring to someone related to the LCO as one of our employees.

Either way, I would appreciate if you could send some information about this person in terms of his name and his contact number to community@excitel.com. We will look into it. I presume, we need to be more proactive in avoiding such a misunderstanding in the future.

That's certainly not how it is meant to be. I apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you. The "sales" person that you are referring to, is he an Excitel employee or is he related to the LCO? Just wanted to clarify this, since we've noticed customers sometimes referring to someone related to the LCO as one of our employees.

Either way, I would appreciate if you could send some information about this person in terms of his name and his contact number to community@excitel.com. We will look into it. I presume, we need to be more proactive in avoiding such a misunderstanding in the future.

I see your point here. He may or may not be Excitel employee. Although I did ask him and he confirmed that he was an employee.
He seemed to be a last mile person who just wanted to increase subscription count as per instructions. So no point targeting him. Anyways the area is Paschim Vihar, Delhi .. if that helps.

@Excitel Can you please check the speed issue for one of my connections, user id is deepak189 and i have been starting tickets but the speed is nowhere where its supposed to be, with my first ticket my speed was around 7-8Mbps but after raising the ticket it got upto 30 then with next ticket its now 45, but now even after multiple tickets i'm not receiving the speed anywhere close to 1000Mps as promised, i have 2 more connections and i'm getting 90+ Mbps on those connections. Kindly resolve the issue on urgent basis

No. You can test that for yourself.

Servers as far as Stockholm, Sweden and the United States of America (and everything in between and around) are all accessible with speeds of 6.8 MB/s on the 50 Mbps plan, for example. International traffic, as well as peering, both are now equivalent, with regards to the speeds that can be attained. That means that if you're on the 50 Mbps plan, for example, you will get 50 Mbps, no matter whether it uses international traffic or peering.

I tested this while connected through LAN and multiple international servers show speed between 3-4 Mbps only. Forget international, even if I connect to a Hyderabad server, speeds are in this range only. However , if I test on any of the NCR servers- the speeds are quite upto the mark.

I think I understand what is going on here.

Back