Excitel Broadband - India's First - Truly Unlimited - No FUP - 100 Mbps Connection under Rs 1000

I tested this while connected through LAN and multiple international servers show speed between 3-4 Mbps only. Forget international, even if I connect to a Hyderabad server, speeds are in this range only. However , if I test on any of the NCR servers- the speeds are quite upto the mark.

I think I understand what is going on here.

2017-05-13_19-25-34.png

Connected via Ethernet, to the router.​

http://speedtest.tele2.net/

I have been facing the same issue with ACT.. Speed tests only to their servers will show me the fully advertised speeds.. Elsewhere it is always a fraction of the advertised speeds..

View attachment 70197
i see that & raise you this

That is not a good example.
What other guy is saying is true for many users and i can link you to other site where your company gets roasted on regular basis because your isp hasn't been able to solve this problem for quite some time.

The server on which that test was conducted lies in Germany and Sweden. The initial claim was that "3-4 Mbps only can be attained on international servers". That's the reason that speed-test was posted. We recognize that speeds to some servers are not optimal at the moment, owing to factors beyond our control, but that still doesn't justify stereotypical statements.

@Excitel: I just posted the customer experience and you are ranting about what speed you are getting at the node level- quite hilarious. The claim still stands- the speeds suck when it comes to any non-local server, forget international . I just posted a rebuttal response of the same file being downloaded at the customer end and the speed I am getting is for all to see.

Please pick and chose whichever International server you want for me to conduct the speedtest and I can post the result here for all to see.

@ExcitelI just posted a rebuttal response of the same file being downloaded at the customer end and the speed I am getting is for all to see.

In case you have concerns regarding the speed that you are able to achieve at particular websites/servers, you can contact support at 1-800-419-0616 or create a ticket via the my.excitel.com portal, or via our mobile apps.

What I'm trying to convey here is that I'm also on the same network as our customers and therefore, if something works for some people and not for others, then it hints towards the issue being limited somewhere in the connection lines to that specific customer. Stereotyping situations by claiming that the speed issues faced by some customers are faced by everyone is not fair, in my opinion. For example, I posted the speed that I was getting, as a customer/employee of Excitel but you were not receiving similar speeds. Does that imply that the core network has a problem? No, otherwise no one would be able to achieve optimum speed.

Last edited:
Why the 'CABLEWALA' is asking for Cable installation fee other than the Rs. 500/- mentioned on your website.....?

The maximum permissible cable installation charges that can be levied by any of our partners to our customer is Rs. 500/-. If you are being asked for more than that, you are requested to create a ticket via the several options available, such as the my.excitel.com online portal or via our mobile apps, which are available for Android as well as iOS. Such issues are investigated and dealt with, accordingly.

We have prepared our FAQ section, with the aim of covering as many Frequently Asked Questions as we could. We plan to add extensively to the FAQs, as and when we get appropriate ideas and suggestions.

Therefore, we would like suggestions regarding additions to the FAQ section! If you ever had that one question, which you think is commonly asked around, but is not currently answered and/or listed within the FAQ section, go ahead and suggest it!

Back