Excitel Community Help

Thanks for replying. I have multiple reasons for wanting a static or at least a dynamic public IP. I have security cameras at home that I would like to view from anywhere in the world and the same is only possible via port forwarding. I also run a VPN at home so I am able to remotely log in securely to my system. None of this would be possible without a static / public IP. Again, I am willing to pay for this service.

Thanks. We're trying understand a list of reasons that pertain to the users (technically there may be several more), which motivate them to have such a web accessible dynamic IP or a static IP. This would help us put everything into perspective when we work on this in significant detail. At the moment, however, as mentioned previously, static IPs are not available, for reasons discussed previously.

Sadly (rant) I live in a "ghetto" area in Pune with very little hope of any such ISP providing wired connections any time soon - I don't even think there is any LCO in my area at all :D

All over the country, I feel, the quality of internet connections, in general, is improving at a fast pace. We hope to expand rapidly to different cities and spread the ideology of abolishing the by-products of internet-restrictive mindsets in the form of Fair Usage Policies and other meaningless shenanigans. We should be at par with the rest of the world as far internet usage habits is concerned. Hopefully, you would see the effects of such positive efforts in the future. :)

Hey @Excitel if you see this, come to NE India (Manipur) and I will be your first customer. Thanks.

That is great to know! As mentioned previously, our goal is to rapidly expand our reach to other parts of the country and spread our non-restrictive ideology regarding internet usage, in terms of bandwidth.

@Excitel
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have been a customer for like 5 months now and this is the best ISP I have ever used by far. I have used Airtel, MTNL, and Den before this and none of them come close to what excitel provides. Keep it up !

Asking on behalf of a friend - Any plans on expanding to Sant Nagar, Burari, 110084 ?

That comment surely does bring a smile, personally. We're happy to see that our efforts are reaching our customers and while we're still away from absolute fruition, we're reaching our goals at a steady pace.

I will respond to your query regarding availability of services in the area you asked, soon.

Good news! We already had an android app, but now we have an official app counterpart for iOS as well!

Users can make use of our mobile apps to
(1) Report connectivity issues
(2) Create and Manage tickets (removes the requirement to call us to get a ticket created for your issue)
(3) Change your portal password
(4) Manage online payments!
(5) View/print Bills
(6) View/print Invoices (helpful for stress free reimburse of your internet bill from your company/organization)
(7) Change Plan/Tariff!
(8) Pre-pay for future months of service!
(9) View information regarding previously connected sessions
(10) Reset MAC address

For Android and IOS:
http://www.excitel.com/mobile-apps/

They are completely blocking any DNS other than theirs now. Normally an ISP would redirect any DNS requests to use their own DNS, but this is just sheer incompetence. So many devices now days have hard coded DNS and they are basically all unusable now.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but thank god for my backup airtel connection.

The Android app is completely useless.. Any tickets raised on it , either see no action or get auto closed..
And have checked multiple times with many devices (without VPN) ; speeds are a real pain in the ass. I am lucky if I ever get the promised 20Mbps...

What is your backup in case of power failure? Currently in Hyderabad where I live I only get 30 mins of backup in case of power failure from ACT. Hathway does not have this problem as the cables come directly from the Hathway office where they have a series of battery banks. They say they can provide a battery backup of more than 24 hours. What is it in your case? Does it solely depend on the LCO?

There are two parties involved in ensuring uninterrupted internet services to our customers. The first, and the most obvious one is ofcourse, Excitel. Our backbone network that reaches each LCO has a goal of 99% uptime. To achieve this, we have enough power backup at each POP level, plus, standby mobile diesel generators and well trained staff who can deal with outage situations, whenever the need arises.

The second party involved in the scenario is the LCO, and here, the LCO is supposed to ensure enough backup power to the network devices. We, as Excitel, have the goal to monitor the LCO network as deep as possible and with this, to push towards achieving and maintaining high uptime. This will be one of the parameters, based on which we will have an "LCO Rating", similar to how Uber maintains "stars" for its drivers, and in the future, users will be able to choose the best LCO to serve them in their area, based on their rating, as well as other factors.

This will not happen overnight, but we have this vision for the future.

@ExcitelAsking on behalf of a friend - Any plans on expanding to Sant Nagar, Burari, 110084 ?

We're still in the expansion phase in that area. There is an LCO currently operative near that area, although, accurate feasibility can be confirmed by calling us at (1-800-419-0616).

They are completely blocking any DNS other than theirs now. Normally an ISP would redirect any DNS requests to use their own DNS, but this is just sheer incompetence. So many devices now days have hard coded DNS and they are basically all unusable now.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but thank god for my backup airtel connection.

Several users may know about public DNS servers and might experiment with them, but at the same time, they are not having enough capability to select the best suited DNS server for themselves, in most cases. In such cases, if the chosen DNS server stops working, or the latency to it, increases, the overall user experience, degrades. Some users might even find this to be a problem on our (Excitel's) end.

This is why we prefer to take this burden and provide a DNS service that works all the time and with predictable parameters along with ensuring a high level of service quality. Of course, this comes with the risk that if our DNS servers stops, then users would suffer; but we're ready to take this risk because we believe that ultimately, this is better for our customers. During the past few days, we had few DDoS attacks on our DNS servers which caused some downtime but we have taken steps to resolve this and decrease the chance of the same happening in future.

Furthermore, there's another, very important aspect to this. Many Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) rely on the use of a proper DNS server (which is a part of the ISPs IP pools) by the end users, to effectively determine the best delivery mechanism and shortest distance/latency node to serve traffic to our users. For example, Akamai, that serves local, Indian content from several platforms (including Hotstar, live cricket) depends heavily on a proper DNS configuration and if the ISP doesn’t enforce their own DNS, and the customer configures some other public DNS server, the Akamai-zed content will be delivered from some NODE far away from the ISP (from ISP users) which will greatly spoil the user experience and furthermore, this will be accounted as Transit traffic, and therefore, would be delivered at the normal internet speed (based on the package) and not the peering speed. In such a situation, we would then be unable to guarantee a proper peering experience/speed to the end-users as promised by the plan that they are using.

The Android app is completely useless.. Any tickets raised on it , either see no action or get auto closed..
And have checked multiple times with many devices (without VPN) ; speeds are a real pain in the ass. I am lucky if I ever get the promised 20Mbps...

Are you using a wired connection or a wireless connection? This difference holds immense importance; in order to ensure that no external forces (such as the network degradation caused due to overlapping wireless networks, for example) are hindering the performed speed test, you must perform a speed test while using a wired connection via an Ethernet cable. Also, tickets are never (and should never) be closed without a reason, therefore, could you send forth the concerned ticket number(s) via an email to community@excitel.com, along with other relevant details?

Customer for 3-4 months here, South delhi near iit.. Excitel is I dunno... local LCO definitely is horrible.
Ex: no internet from day before yesterday. yesterday was holi so.... Today I complained to excitel, received no complain registered SMS. internet started working 'intermittently' after a few hours. Complained again to excitel support AND local LCO about this. Right now its getting disconnecting every 5 minutes for 10-20 seconds.

Image speaks 'variety':
47bqZj.jpg

I was a airtel customer for 4-5 years and had like 5 disconnections during this time. But their ridiculous FUP - F**k user policy (15gb in 2016 ) made me hate them soo much. And I still do, no way I am going back there.

Anyways my verdict on excitel: Largely depends on the LCO, if your LCO is alright, Excitel is great, otherwise...

Customer for 3-4 months here, South delhi near iit.. Excitel is I dunno... local LCO definitely is horrible.
Ex: no internet from day before yesterday. yesterday was holi so.... Today I complained to excitel, received no complain registered SMS. internet started working 'intermittently' after a few hours. Complained again to excitel support AND local LCO about this. Right now its getting disconnecting every 5 minutes for 10-20 seconds.

Image speaks 'variety':
47bqZj.jpg

I was a airtel customer for 4-5 years and had like 5 disconnections during this time. But their ridiculous FUP - F**k user policy (15gb in 2016 ) made me hate them soo much. And I still do, no way I am going back there.

Anyways my verdict on excitel: Largely depends on the LCO, if your LCO is alright, Excitel is great, otherwise...

Could you email the ticket number (and all relevant details) pertaining to this issue to community@excitel.com?

Those getting poor service, what is your distance from the Excitel providers node? I think that could be a factor to know if you'd get decent service or not from an LCO.

Getting intermittent connectivity since yesterday- complained but seems not to have resolved till now. Ticket still get auto closed !
Also, tested using a wired connection and running 5-6 4K streams on Youtube.. Network usage never extends beyond 20Mbps ! Where is the promised 40Mbps peering to Youtube?

Good News! We now have our peering technology setup to work with another platform ... Netflix!

This would be a great news, since it provides for a fast and smooth experience with regards to watching tv shows, movies and the like in the highest quality provided by Netflix, and, with the added advantage of never having to bother with pointless "Fair Usage Limits".

We would appreciate feedback relating to the perceived Netflix experience of our users. This would help to ensure the proper delivery of content from Netflix to our users (via peering) and help us in finding ways of improving the same. Feedback augmented with screenshots and the like, would be great.

Do you guys provide service at sector 82, Noida? I would take a connection soon.
Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a point of presence (PoP) located near your area, according to the PoP map on our website. However, take that with a pinch of salt. Accurate feasibility can be confirmed by contacting our sales team at our toll-free number (1-800-419-0616).

@Excitel
I want to run web server/ftp server at my home.
Do you charge extra for a static IP and how much?

Unfortunately, we are not providing static IPs right now. This is due to multiple reasons. First of all, as you would know, there's an acute shortage of IPv4 addresses and its difficult to acquire them in any case. Moreover, the entire process related to static IP provisioning needs to be enhanced and revamped.

@Excitel I'm using excitel for 3 months since availability in my area. The problem I face is packet loss , which is major concern for me as I m pro player in csgo (counter strike global offensive) . Your customer care nor understands my problem , once the executive redirected my call to head of its department and he also nor accept that there is problem instead said that its website or sever issue.
But I'm using DEN ISP for every long time nor I receive packet loss not even 1 % in 10000 packets sent.
I have tested this through my own command prompt on 8.8.8.8 which has upto 5 -10% packet loss and on @valve game server 155.133.233.16 its has upto 15%.
Even I get new wire connection from excitel even then it doesn't resolve the issue (problem of any connector or damaged wire or from switch).
I have complained in excitel application many times an dadd snapshot of losses and even in facebook page of excitel but soluation came.
Right now I'm using two ISP , DEN and Excitel and I will disconnect Excitel as it doesn't serve my purpose of internet service.
Your my last hope to fix my issue.
@manu1991

Back