eXeem is out - official public beta.

Safin

Skilled
Ok here we go. The most anticipated p2p is now out.

exeem6do.jpg

Network is up and running. Will comment on it more once i use it for some time.
Till that time enjoy :

eXeemâ„¢ is a brand new Peer-To-Peer program, which is based on the BitTorrent idea. eXeemâ„¢ eliminates the need for trackers as nodes in the program will be taking their role. eXeemâ„¢ also features easy publication of files to the network as well as a rating and comments system. eXeemâ„¢ contains NO SPYWARE. eXeemâ„¢ is free and is ad-supported. eXeemâ„¢ is currently still in its beta testing phase, which means that the network might not be completely stable yet. You are still very welcome to give eXeemâ„¢ a try and see how it is different from other Peer-To-Peer programs.

Warning: exeem official version has adware. Plz try a lite version if you don't want that.

DOWNLOAD:

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

The official exeem is version 0.20. The lite is in 0.18 version. Soon a 0.2 version will be out for exeem lite too. In the meantime 0.18 works very well. See the screens below

newfiles8ym.jpg

exeemsearch8so.jpg

download2cy.jpg

How popular this is... just see the users sharing :)

LITE VERSION

A MUST TRY!!!

ENJOY!!

I'm not too sure about this application, firstly it's not working right, it's not giving enough hits for some of the rock bands I'm trying, famous ones too. Poor music coverage, very poor.

Secondly it caused my system to hang, it stopped responding and now it's opening. I'm not sure whether this thing is safe.

Disappointment.

ok two things about that:

1) first of all the network is just 12hours old(in public domain). In that much time what you are getting is phenomenal. The network will only grow as the days pass. and people share more. And since there is so much hype about it, its gonna be a matter of days only

2) I will reccomend you use the lite version. The official version is with adware so that may be whats crashing your system. Either way since this beta release so you will have some bugs nyway.

AND about lite version, people just close the serial request dialogue box when it opens. No serial is needed to use the lite version.

Ok some sense has come to the developers.
Exeem has rid itseelf of cydoor. Beginning with version 0.21 beta, cydoor is no longer installed.
08.02.2005 - eXeem Public Beta version 0.21 released
eXeem Public Beta version 0.21 has been released. Most of the bug fixes were done to the network system (nodes). We have also fixed the search crash bug. We added a stop function to New files and we are testing out html type of ads in the program. In this release you will not get any mandatory third party software installed with eXeem.

Update can be done through the program. If the program crashes after the update, restart it. This version might take a bit longer to start and close.

hmm but it still has html ads. Well :S

SuperNova said:
Ok some sense has come to the developers.
Exeem has rid itseelf of cydoor. Beginning with version 0.21 beta, cydoor is no longer installed.
08.02.2005 - eXeem Public Beta version 0.21 released
eXeem Public Beta version 0.21 has been released. Most of the bug fixes were done to the network system (nodes). We have also fixed the search crash bug. We added a stop function to New files and we are testing out html type of ads in the program. In this release you will not get any mandatory third party software installed with eXeem.

Update can be done through the program. If the program crashes after the update, restart it. This version might take a bit longer to start and close.

hmm but it still has html ads. Well :S
Get exeem lite !
234.gif
234.gif
234.gif
234.gif
234.gif

To tell you the truth I have not been impressed with ether eXeem or eXeem lite. I think eveybody would be better off just staying with their old BT client (whatever it is)

To tell you the truth I have not been impressed with ether eXeem or eXeem lite. I think eveybody would be better off just staying with their old BT client (whatever it is)

yes. It started with a bang but from then on in, its really not been able to capitalize the initial popularity. Frankly in this age when you have so many open source no ads p2p clients around, it does not make sense to make an ad and spyware one.
Bad planning and execution :no:

Back