Experiencing call drops on Jio? Blame it on AVOID cartel; COAI vs JIO fight intensifies!

swatkats

Skilled
COAI's Version:

Industry body Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) fired a salvo at Jio on Monday by writing to Telecom Secretary J S Deepak alleging that Jio was masquerading full-blown services in the guise of a trial, which they said amounted to predatory pricing.

The COAI's letter was a response to one sent by Jio to the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) claiming that incumbents were not providing enough interconnect bandwidth.

In response, the incumbents have alleged that the burgeoning voice traffic emanating from Jio is choking their networks, given that 1.5 million subscribers of Jio are calling people who are on the networks of other leading telcos. When a subscriber of one network makes a call to a subscriber of another network, the point at which the two networks connect are known as Points of Interconnect (PoIs).
Depending on the nature of traffic emanating from different networks, each operator has a certain capacity on its PoIs. Given that few Airtel or Vodafone subscribers are calling Jio subscribers, the traffic is skewed.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...oking-our-networks-telcos-116081000027_1.html

Now Jio Counters..

Reliance Jio Infocomm on Wednesday released a letter it has written to the telecom regulator responding to the allegations of incumbent telecom operators. Calling the allegations malicious, unfounded, ill informed and frivolous, Reliance Jio's letter says that the COAI's campaign appears to be an exercise to promote the vested interests of the incumbent dominant players.

The letter says that the "Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has deliberately indulged in an unwarranted vilification campaign, not only against RJIL but also against TRAI, through various media reports, without any basis whatsoever."

The company has also said it is targeting 100 mn subscribers and till the incumbents offer the requisite interconnection bandwidth, the company cannot launch commercial services. The company has alleged that incumbents are using their dominant position to stifle other operators. The company has also argued that lower interconnect rates benefit the consumers and higher rates only benefit incumbents.

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/ar...abusing-dominant-position-116081000677_1.html

TRAI counters...

Hitting back at cellular operators over allegations of 'bias', the regulator Trai (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) on Tuesday said it will continue to work with regard to consumer protection, fair play and growth of the industry.

"The allegations of bias against Trai are baseless," Trai Chairman R S Sharma said.

Sharma's comments come a day after cellular operators' body COAI (Cellular Operators Association of India) termed the regulator's recent consultation on call connect charges as "unfair" on incumbent operators and alleged that Trai's discussion paper was an indicator of "bias creeping in".

"Trai will continue to work in the areas in which it is mandated to work...We will continue to perform functions assigned in the Trai Act, with regard to consumer protection, Quality of Service, encouraging competition, fair play and growth of industry," Sharma said.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...legation-of-bias-baseless-116081000042_1.html

We are all with you Jio, Screw CARTEL badly. :mad:

Last edited:
The cartel is rattled and scared and are attacking using their hound dogs but the rival here is not a poodle and will fight back viciously. It has been said that Mukesh said these words in a meeting: "Jio is no longer just a business, it has become personal for me".

Why airtel giving data on broadband, they should give in prepaid or postpaid. Mostly postpaid corporate users, as I am one of them, and I am so ready to get out of their high pricing services. Though to be honest, service actually are awesome, 2g 3g and 4g and even customer service. Just the pricing frustrates me.

Idea cellular already set aside 10 billion $ for this year capex for network.
Source? $10B is a lot of money.

The cartel is rattled and scared and are attacking using their hound dogs but the rival here is not a poodle and will fight back viciously. It has been said that Mukesh said these words in a meeting: "Jio is no longer just a business, it has become personal for me".
This unlimited preview offer is just a sample i guess. A quarter sales down is giving them chills.

Why airtel giving data on broadband, they should give in prepaid or postpaid. Mostly postpaid corporate users, as I am one of them, and I am so ready to get out of their high pricing services. Though to be honest, service actually are awesome, 2g 3g and 4g and even customer service. Just the pricing frustrates me.
They are milking corporate customers. Does not provide any offers...also reduced myPack benefits.

They reduced mypack benefits but for normal, corporate mypacks are same as when I bought the SIM 1 year back.

Actually, no. Those who bought in earlier got the benefits. But then, for new customers, the rates were changed. It was not much, but unwarranted. For example, I get 135 MB 3G/pack - new customers 120 MB.

Actually, no. Those who bought in earlier got the benefits. But then, for new customers, the rates were changed. It was not much, but unwarranted. For example, I get 135 MB 3G/pack - new customers 120 MB.
ya i get 135mb too. Well it's fine, i knew what i was getting when I got onboard. Atleast they didn't cheat old customers so it's fine.

They reduced mypack benefits but for normal, corporate mypacks are same as when I bought the SIM 1 year back.
It has, I had received sms from them that from next cycle, it will be reduced to 120 MB. Local calls to 90 minutes from 100 and STD minutes to 80 from 90. :(

It has, I had received sms from them that from next cycle, it will be reduced to 120 MB. Local calls to 90 minutes from 100 and STD minutes to 80 from 90. :(
I never received such SMS, and if I do, haha airtel is in deep trouble if they make a move like such to their corporate customers. They are already in trouble because of Jio launch anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1471047221][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm badly waiting for jio's launch to avail mnp!
Oh yeah!

After about 6 months of Jio launch, I would def like to see how failtel's towers in Africa are doing.
Another follow up report in about 1 yr's time would be very good.

I'm badly waiting for jio's launch to avail mnp!

I have a 20 yr old number from failtel desp waiting to be ported off.

See the screenshot. Its effective from next bill cycle. Jio , please bring MNP fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160815-083923.png
    Screenshot_20160815-083923.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 422
Reliance Jio to Trai: Take action against telcos like Airtel, Vodafone for denying inter-connection

The telco said that denying inter-connection was a blatant breach of the licence agreement, which provides for obligation of the licensee to provide inter-connection facilities to other licensees. “It may be pertinent to note that the obligation of a licensee to provide PoIs is absolute and not contingent on any other factors, including any traffic imbalance or the licensee not having announced commercial launch,” Jio said.

Jio, in a letter dated August 12 to Trai Chairman R S Sharma, said that dominant operators under the aegis of COAI has categorically mentioned that its member operators shall not be expected to provide PoIs to RJIL during the test trials..

Jio also argued that it is important that requisite PoIs must be unconditionally facilitated inter se between all operators, subject alone to payment of relevant IUC charges. It said that PoIs are required to maintain minimum quality of service to ensure calls are completed to all destinations.
The absence of PoIs from incumbent telcos has led to unusually high call failures during its beta run, the 4G entrant claimed

Indian incumbent telcos through GSM body COAI had on Friday last week claimed that Reliance Jio was trying to poach their customers under the test launch.

The body had reiterated that Jio was choking networks of other telecom operators with the help of it 1.5 million customers that are generating huge data and voice traffic. It also made clear that unless Jio doesn’t start commercial service; other GSM telcos are under no obligation to give additional E1s. The telcos also urged the telecom department and the Trai to bring clarity on a test mode conditions.

Back