[Expired] WD Ultra 2TB 2.5" @5499

Status
Not open for further replies.
prices like these are why i love desidime forums. their members are always active suggesting the best deals. got my 2 tb ultra yday.

The exact same drive has been available for CHEAPER for a while now on Amazon at Rs.5292 (free delivery) AND its Amazon fulfilled -

http://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Expans...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1404022054&sr=1-4

This is why I keep advising you guys to check Amazon before you buy from FK.

Even if you find something more expensive on Amazon and cheaper elsewhere, use the "Tell us about a lower price" option on Amazon - it actually WORKS.

There have been numerous occasions where I have found something more expensive on Amazon versus another site, used that option and returned a couple of days later to find it cheaper on Amazon because they revised their price...

I'm growing old. Don't know why I thought it was a Seagate you guys were talking about. Ridiculous. Need to remember to triple my memory medication...

I got mine as well, super happy :)

Attachments

• 1404053667476.jpg
    1404053667476.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 200
Same here! Damn FK! What's the point of subscribing then?

Thats why its better to keep checking DD.

On a different note, @Rickyk that does not work. Had a word with an Amazon rep 2 weeks back, they said there is no provision for the same in the Indian version. I actually bought something that was more expensive on Amazon vs the rest.

Same here! Damn FK! What's the point of subscribing then?
Don't know! Price is back to 9k now!

That previous post about low price on Amazon is purely misleading! Amazon doesn't have any product which is priced lower than on Flipkart! Seems like advertising. Whatever...
The only place where you might have lesser price than FK will be eBay, that too if you have a coupon. Snapdeal is also there but I don't even count them as anything but nonsense.

@Blue Leaf Really? I always check prices before buying! One or two products might be there, but most products are not priced lower on Amazon.in, maybe I'm wrong, but for the products I've checked certainly not.

"Loyalty" doesn't (literally) pay, when it comes to online shopping. One does need to do a quick comparative between the diff sites before click-on-the-buy-button.

I did find SD cheaper on few items. Amazon is not cheap for many items, but then there are always deals & sometimes an item that is not available on other sites.

For the first time in many years that I started buying products/services online, recently I had to ask for refund - both SD & Myntra, readily did it - no questions asked. Both sites even followed up to confirm that I rec'd the fund in my bank a/c. If Amazon is responsible for this, so be it, let's enjoy the change in attitude towards customers!

@Rickykthat does not work. Had a word with an Amazon rep 2 weeks back, they said there is no provision for the same in the Indian version. I actually bought something that was more expensive on Amazon vs the rest.

Its present on every product page on Amazon.in and I use it all the time. Look at the section titled -

"Feedback
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?"

However you have to understand how it "works". This is not a "price match guarantee" feature. What it allows you to do is to bring cheaper prices on other sites/stores to the "notice" of Amazon.in. After that its up to them whether or not to revise the price. It doesn't happen immediately - can take anywhere up to a week. Sometimes they are unable to convince the 3rd party seller and it doesn't happen at all. Therefore there's no guarantee that they will match the price. Its simply a means of providing feedback...

Top reason for going to Amazon is that they don't entertain any coupons or points or cluebucks, just directly final price(cheapest available).

Great to know that some of you have ordered and got the product. Ironically even though I knew it I didn't order it. :p talk about being broke.

Anyone ordered extra and willing to sell? 2tb one
I'm sure that many have ordered it and some more than two even though they aren't telling. :p some of them might even be selling them for profit. greedy bastards. let's be real, the deal was too good to pass. I would've bought as many as I could but if I had the money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back