Storage Solutions External hard drive suggestions ?

harshalzz

Disciple
Hello friends i want some suggestions and advice for buying external hard drive...
i have short listed some drives-
1.seagate expansion 1tb
2.western digital elements 1tb
3.western degital passport 1tb
4.toshiba canvio 1tb
my most preference is to western digital..
BUDGET-4K AROUND
my queries..
1.which one is better in performance and speed.
2.In western digital their are 2types of warranty.. which one we should prefer totally confused.?
>replacement warranty on "wd elements", >domestic warranty on "wd passport"
3.best built quality among.?
HELP...
As this is my first purchase in external drive what we should consider before buying...?
any other suggestion...
regards,
harshalzz.

I own both of WD drives. If you want a rugged drive any don't need any extra feature go for elements, it doesn't have much fancy features but it is a good basic drive. If you need a light weight drive with features like encryption support and automated PC backup support go for my passport but it is not as sturdy as elements. Both product have same warranty terms don't worry about that.

is the both drive have any heating issue..?? the feature i need is their in WD passport and the difference of bugs is not much in both..
what about the performance can tell me speed of transfer 2.0 usb & 3.0 usb..?
my need is portable size,great performance,good servicing from seller (if needed)

No heating issue,
Speed using USB 2: 35MB/s and USB 3: 80MB/s
My passport is more portable than elements, could be kept in pocket easily but elements is bigger in size.
No seller would provide you any support. In case of any problem you would have to contact WD directly.

I have recently bought about 4 Seagate Expansion 1TB, 1 WD Passport Ultra 1TB, 1 WD Elements 2TB. The best is Ultra, Expansion and Elements are more or less the same.

Buy from Amazon.in or Flipkart whichever is cheapest.

yes even i am also prefering this sites they provide good price and services...
nowdays the prices of EXTERNAL DRIVES are bit low as compare to previous... May i know how is WD ultra according to you.?

Back