F1 2013 - Discussion Thread

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Wow!!! i cannot believe no one posted this!

F1 2013 is the latest game in the award-winning FORMULA 1â„¢ franchise from Codemasters.

Featuring all the cars, circuits and stars from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, and including all the updated rules, tyre changes and remodelled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. The videogame also gives you the chance to experience a range of classic content in a brand new game mode, Introduced by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker.

http://www.formula1-game.com/us

Was going through some of the stuff that are a part of Classic Edition or DLC.
David Coulthard - A legend? When or how did that happen. He was a good driver but didn't do anything legendary as far as I know. In fact Kimi in his third year in F1 and second year at McLaren dragged the carcass of 2002's car and nearly won the WDC (lost by 1 point), all this while the so-called legend was nowhere.
Jacques Villenue - Why him and not Gilles Villenue? Gilles was there in the 80s.

Codemasters has enough money to buy the license to use Aryton Senna in their games and should introduce a duel mode - Senna vs Prost, Mika vs Schumi (1998-2000), Kimi vs Alonso (2005) etc.,

@prabs I don't think its much about who is a legend or not. the version of the game is called "CLASSIC EDITION"

Classic Edition is merely meant to bring those era's of Motorsports to the gaming, They would have tried their best to bring those legends to the game but there are licensing rights & issues that they would face, merely because recreating these legends would mean paying a hell of a lot more money they would have payed for someone like David Coulthard. And even though we'd think that a company as big as Codemasters can buy the rights Senna & Villeneuve it would not be the right decision from a company's prospective. there are limited number of F1 Gaming fans they have other successful franchises of games that sell better than F1.

Remember that the creators are huge F1 fans like us, but they have a budget set for each of the games they make. Also I've read their tweets & stuff, they never said never. all they said was "its not possible at this moment" so may be we will get it at some point down the line as a DLC, who knows.

@aasimenator - If they recreated Grand Prix Legends that could be called as Classic Edition and I would love to buy that.
Including Retro F1 cars in a modern F1 game... wasn't that done before? F1 Championship Edition has a few Retro cars no drivers though.
@prateekS - +1 for 2012 but I will stick to F1:CE and F1 Challenge a bit longer.

Will the game have Telemetry?

Just started playing F1 2012 last week. little tough to get on the controls accurately .... might need some more practice.
Played multiplayer (Split screen) with friends.... was amazing....

^ you mean 2013 right?

Yeah its definitely Different than the older generation, I play in a league and I have been 4th in Season 1 & 2nd in another with Professional AI. I started playing the f1 2013 game on Expert and could not keep up with the AI in front (RebBull) while I was in a Ferrari, After 40 hours of Game time I am now able to beat the AI at Expert difficulty, So practice will make you better, the difference in this game is that more closer to a Simulation than previous games...

Like even with Traction Control on you have tire spins when you apply full throttle at a slow speed. even with ABS on you will not visually lock up the tires but will use them a lot... So you have to drive more smoothly and once you drive smooth and stead you can set faster lap times.

There are a few bugs but nothing a patch cant fix, AI's are much more aggressive this year... If you are overtaking them at a turn they will not back out of it and try to stay with you the whole turn. In Online though they are as stupid as before, they drive slowly on the race line while other cars are doing their hotlaps. Penalty system is better but not yet perfect, the game has to differentiate between true corner cutting & missing the apex by mistake.

A Few of my Time Trials in F1 2013 - Definitely not the fastest ones because its just a simple test on default setups trying to get a feel of the car.

A Crazy incident at Suzuka Track

@aasimenator I am little late to catch this train.... so just started with F1 2012. Will set my hands on this one and then move on to 2013.
U are way to ahead as you can compete on expert level ... It will take me some time to reach there :)

^ I suggest you switch directly to 2013 as that is much different than 2012, even if you max out the 2012 game you will still be slow in 2013 :) so get started with 2013 if you can.

I just tried F1 2013....... car is too twitchy here than 2012...... I just tried the Lotus(Kimi).... but its very diff to get consistent lap times here than in 2012........

Also why r the tyres degrading so fast???...... I mean I use to do atleast 4-5 laps more than the pitstop signal in 2012...... but here am begging for pitstops....

Did Abu Dhabi race...... 50% Race Custom....... on, whts before Expert? Hard I think....... After like 10 starts I could win by 4secs to Vettel, last few laps he was catching so fast coz my tyres just gave up..... with 3 Stops..... Best 1:45:100.....

Also installed the update....... hope tht fixes the tyres.......

@panzer008

Yes its takes quite a while to get used to the Tires, especially the ones in career mode. the starting few races like Australia, Malaysia & China you will face a lot of tire wear. I have actually stopped playing career as its the same story over & over again. the fun is in the league. Your setups from F1 2012 will not work neither will the default ones give you an edge over AI, if you race in Expert they will catch up to you & you will need to do some flawless driving to win in Expert / Legend AI.

With the Mid Session save option its better to do a 100% race as that's the best you can get out of tires and how well your car setup is. Running Higher Balance & Rollbars will result in higher tire wear. And you cannot use the full left camber & full right toe setups in races in F1 2013.

The setups I do for my car in league, I always reach the end of the expected tire life but not the predicted one.. e.g. in Australia when you select Options it shows that it will last you around 18 laps but in reality it will last max upto 12 - 14 laps. Expected 1st stop on Options is around 11 i think.

Today is our race in Shanghai. I am 3rd in the drivers championship & 1st in Constructors.

http://weloveracing.beep.com/wlr-season-2.htm

www.youtube.com/aasimenator

Back