Fallout 3: Discussion thread

quan chi

Skilled
Unfortunately I found no related thread thus opened a new one. This thread is especially for those who have not completed this game yet.
I have spend almost couple of hours in this game. Never knew or might have overlooked that this game has an excellent cast.

Anyways guys anybody played with the mods available. If yes then kindly post them here which one to go for or is there an complete bundle for this. The mods should not change the gameplay. Change of weapon textures etc are welcome.:)

BTW one thing which I am not liking in this game is maps. You have to refer the pipboy every time you want to see the map . Its like far cry 2.

Last edited:
i downloaded and installed many mods a few weeks back, then got entangled in other work & yet to play the game with the mods (had just begun playing prior that).

Keep us posted on your progress @quan chi

After watching Fallout 4's trailer and gameplay footage, I'm intrigued. I've heard this game and New Vegas had some of the best side missions in any game till now.

@Ethan_Hunt sure.
Fallout 3 is huge. I have played around 5 hrs & completed only one side quest "Blood ties". Which took me around an hour to finish. Quests takes time the game forces you to explore & the landscape is vast.
Those who have played oblivion may feel slight deja vu.
Speaking of oblivion yes this game has slight performance issues too like the former. I have applied some mods & fixes which I will show later. I am still experimenting with mods. I will try to update this post most probably today therefore be sure to check it out for the difference screenshots & which mods are suited best.

How's the storyline of the side quests? Is the gameplay style easy to understand? Does it have native controller support?

How's the storyline of the side quests? Is the gameplay style easy to understand? Does it have native controller support?
1.They seems Interesting. Its not just some random stupid tasks.
2.Yes its easy to understand but map is the main problem you have to refer to the pipboy everytime. Moreover you have to explore a lot.
3.Yes it supports 360 controller.

This game is damn interesting. It will take you a while to adjust to it, once adjusted you are bound to get interested. The quests are not only interesting but challenging & sometimes tricky too.
Speaking of which the quests are very very long. I mean if you have to complete a single person's quest it can take you from 30 mins to 1 hour. Total time I have spend now is 10+ hours. I am on level 6. Btw I killed bruke (megaton bomber) & saved the sheriff. Now whenever you visit megaton people will gift you something which is really good.

Btw I am still experimenting with mods. Currently the game has become from this

2015_07_24_00004.jpg
to this
2015_07_27_00002.jpg
(morning)

Evening.
2015_07_27_00006.jpg

Last edited:
can you list the mods you are using? i will post mine tomorrow (although haven't used them).

Last edited:
You saved megaton, I nuked it and watched from afar. It was a beautiful sight :D Do post the modlist. I played vanilla and I hated the grey green color palette. Btw, explore everything. Every ruin, wreck, cave or tunnel has a story tell, and they are fascinating. There are some great sidequests which you can miss entirely if you don't explore.

Guys you can select the mods as per your preference I mean there are tons of mods which may or may not suit your taste. Testing & choosing mods is a very tedious thing to do in this game. I have spent hours to select the ones that are really good according to me. Btw I am still testing thus the list may not be complete.
Almost all of them can be found at nexus site.
1.Weapon Hi res & re texture mods
2.Flora overhaul mod
3.Fellout series mod
4.FO3 RWL mod
5.Terrain & general retexture pack.
6.shinier road patch.

Jc36 yes this game demands you to explore more. Right now I am doing moira browns second chapter quests (Wasteland Survival Guide) & they are really fun to do! Btw can you list me some of those quests & where to find them? Moreover I also have the dlcs waiting to be done.

Last edited:
Almost 20 hours spent. Moira's last quest remains. This last quest and one of the story missions both requires visiting riviet city. Now I think I can complete both on the same place.

Whatever bethesda does it does better if we can get past those problems & bugs. Fallout 3 is indeed game of the year.
I have played over 30 hours & I am not even halfway through the story line! Completed Operation anchorage DLC & It was very good indeed! One of the best side missions.

Anyways the T-51B power armor looks like shit & is one of biggest letdown of this game. You do so many things to acquire it and it just looks like trash!:(

Last edited:
I might actually give it a go again due to those blue skies, I never made it past the radio station quest on both attempts due to that sick color palette.

One of the best melee weapons is Jingwei's shocksword. It can even kill those super mutants within few hits.
The outlander power armor is not that effective (used it for sometime). Will test the T-51B power armor next.

2015_07_31_00009.jpg

The enclave armor is better than the outcast! will test t-51b later. Story mission more than half completed. Level 15.

Last edited:
Last story mission remained. I am on Level 18. If you do only the story missions then you can finish the game roughly within 10 hours. Otherwise there is a lot to explore.
I have found two companions so far. dogmeat & fawkes (mutant friend).
I will update this post later.

Last edited:
Completed the Game. Currently doing the broken steel dlc.
Took me around 50 hours to complete it. Moreover there are many unexplored areas where there might be some side quests remaining too.My level at the time of last mission was 21. Anyways couple of more dlcs are there too to finish.
The most powerful weapons in this game are the Alien Disintegrator & the alien atomizer.
For armor its the enclave power armor,the tesla armor & the enclave hellfire armor. If you have them with your VATS hiked up then almost nobody can touch you!

2015_08_04_00004.jpg

Those who loved stalker or oblivion will certainly love it.
As far as the main story goes well its kind of okay & there are certain flaws but the missions & gameplay will keep you so much engaged that you will overlook that part! Overall this is a must play game.

Last edited:
here you've completed it & am still struggling with taking backup of my system before installing Win 10 and finally then resuming gameplay. [emoji13]

Back