Far Cry 3 - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Farcry 3 - Discussion Thread

Seems like it is going by some info shared from the VG247 link.

Some resumes compiled by Supperannuation suggest that Farcry 3 has well been in development for a while now.

The title was announced by Ubi Montreal during the Games Convention 2008.

IMO the second game sucked compared to the first title which was developed by Crytek. The gameplay became monotonous after some missions.
indifferent14.gif

re: Farcry 3 - Discussion Thread

if there was one thing that Farcry 2 had got right was the shooting. The guns felt awesome to shoot.

The second game tried to replicate GTA-type feel in the jungle without much humour. I didn't like it and left it after playing 2 hours.

The Dunia engine was amazing, Ubisoft got that part right. They sucked at using it. The voice actors sounded like they were diarrhea victims who would be allowed bathroom privileges after they were done.

I loved Far Cry 2 and have spent about 30hrs on its campaign! Inspite of all its shortcomings..It offered an experience unlike no other!

Dunia is a brilliant engine with so much potential yet unused.

It scaled well across every platforms, produced stunning visuals, and it is the only game I ve seen that gave more fps in DX10 mode more than DX9..

The only thing Far Cry 2 missed was a good and intense story. Everything else was too good. :)

Story was pretty Ok gameplay was too repetitive. Hope Ubisoft don't suck the life out of this one.

Whatever but i still like to play farcry 1. It was awesome.

Dunia was actually a realistic DUNIYA & so the storyplay.

Part 2 sucked a lot esp. the deserted region made me sick out there.

I hope to see a lot of improvements in the 3rd one now as it took over 3yrs for development.

pretttt said:
if there was one thing that Farcry 2 had got right was the shooting. The guns felt awesome to shoot.
Agreed 100%, the guns really felt awesome to shoot with. But the gameplay really didn't really draw me in, I remember getting bored and leaving it midway. Never really got back around to finishing it. Hope FC 3 is a kick ass title! :D

^^ Hopefully UBISOFT has had its medicine, the game will definitely be better if we are learning from the Assassin's Creed step-ups. But then we have to bear with UPlay which really takes the thunder out of the deal. :mad: :mad: I intensely dislike UPlay.

Engine was wonderful. The graphics scaled pretty well. Gameplay was awesome. Storyline was .... there. But the part i hated about FC2 was the part it became a routine than playing a game. Nvr came around to finishing it.

I think that the storyline of FarCry 2, although weak, was much debated with some forums saying that The Jackal was actually in the protagonist's mind only and that he himself was Jackal :cool2: (sounds like Fight Club!).

Shooting was fun, of course.

The original FarCry was one of the tougher FPS games that I've played.

In recent times, the default difficulty of games has mellowed down a lot, with regenerating health and all.
Its becoming increasingly tough to find FPS games having a tough SP campaign :(

kestrel5915 said:
The original FarCry was one of the tougher FPS games that I've played.

In recent times, the default difficulty of games has mellowed down a lot, with regenerating health and all.

Its becoming increasingly tough to find FPS games having a tough SP campaign :(

Agreed!! None can believe I have yet to finish the game! :p

The gameplay here looks like awesome as usual but can't really say that about the story as well unless they've got something up their sleeve.

I hate to say it but the gameplay looked a little boring to me. I don't know if its the setting or the style of the gameplay but this just isn't what Far Cry 1 was all about.

After playing the likes of battlefields, COD's and Crysis, who is going to play a game with cartoon graphics... after the launch of new BF3 and MW3, how is this game going to survive.

^
LOL

People still play the original Far Cry game with its cartoon graphics :tongue:

Back