Far Cry Frimal on PC worst lag (max 14 FPS, used to be 70+) same hardware.

Futureized

Skilled
Unsure, whats wrong.
On Windows 7 PRO since long time (proper purchased license)
Got a good configurations PC as well.. but this game used to work BEST even on Highest Settings..
Now LAGS a lot even on lowest settings.

Need help if possible, if you have some configuration files will be useful.

Attachments

• pc details.png
    pc details.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 289
Unsure, whats wrong.
On Windows 7 PRO since long time (proper purchased license)
Got a good configurations PC as well.. but this game used to work BEST even on Highest Settings..
Now LAGS a lot even on lowest settings.

Need help if possible, if you have some configuration files will be useful.
If you use Nvidia then ensure adaptive sync is off. This issue related to that mostly.

I couldnt find that option, check the screenshots, I found in nvidia control panel..
USed low level settings everywhere.

Attachments

• pc details 2.png
    pc details 2.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 257
  • pc details.png
    pc details.png
    86 KB · Views: 293
@Gearbox trying the same with your settings applied.
Restarting stuff (hope admins dont catch me ;) lol )[DOUBLEPOST=1519138399][/DOUBLEPOST]Didnt helped yet.. Seems like to clean dirt from machine..
reformat to 10 or physically clean the box.

What those settings technically suggest by you, meant though, looking at configuration I have posted ?

Last edited:
Thanks, but seems the free version requires bootable media and stuff.. I dont want to get into that hassle.
Got few TBs sata drives, connected to a SSD.
Buddy just get Hiren's Boot CD. Create a bootable media and test your RAMs. Never test your RAMs from within your OS. Going through this hassle is better than the hassle of re-installing an OS and then face the same issue and then do a memtest.

Buddy just get Hiren's Boot CD. Create a bootable media and test your RAMs. Never test your RAMs from within your OS. Going through this hassle is better than the hassle of re-installing an OS and then face the same issue and then do a memtest.
I am in little confusion state, but will try Hiren tonite, use it often..
This game works perfect on Windows 10.. (my entire save data is lost on 7 as i re-installed graphic card drivers. )
no cloud since got it from elsewhere (hope you understand).
No one mentioned but did you check cpu temps during gameplay?
Used HWMonitor and temperatures are fine, also there is lot of dust accumalated inside PC cabinet.. (that be a reason for lag too, as suggested by few other sites)

Dust doesn't contribute to lags directly but yes only if you experience unusual fan rpm, sounds and cpu/gpu temps.
Starts from basic and clean your system throughly.
Btw me too facing sudden lag while playing farcry 4. Everything runs butter smooth but once a while fps drops as if slow hd recording and again it resumes. Temps etc all perfect.
This is happening since windows updates. Don't know whom to blame.
Left playing.

Dust doesn't contribute to lags directly but yes only if you experience unusual fan rpm, sounds and cpu/gpu temps.
Starts from basic and clean your system throughly.
Btw me too facing sudden lag while playing farcry 4. Everything runs butter smooth but once a while fps drops as if slow hd recording and again it resumes. Temps etc all perfect.
This is happening since windows updates. Don't know whom to blame.
Left playing.
Killed primal.. FC4 running great..
Even after cleaning hell amount of dust from system (believe me).

I am on win 10 now (got a pro license) and things are worst.. for gaming.

Just checked I already had Far cry 4 and in December 2017 installed Uplay.
But the thing is Farcry 4 wasnt installed via Uplay but offline. And now it lags like hell quite often.
Dont know what to blame.. Friend say its windows update esp. after some crap update last month which messed Intel chips or something.
Farcy 4 doesnt gets update.

To test I tried Battlefiled, NFS, Crysis etc games and all run like smooooother on Ultra max settings win 4x AA as well.
All these games are on same hard driveas farcry and its health is superb as well.

If rest games never lag or slowdown even for a millisec then whats the mystery behind Farcry 4 dunno.

My farcry issue is almost resolved finally!
Sigh of relief..

But the in-game horizon and relevant graphics keep blinking as if old crt and irritates a lot. Dont know if its due to nvidia driver updates but i thinks its due to creators update for sure. As in my previous Os before the update game was fine then it kept sucking.
Tried tons of in-game graphics settings and also nvidia panel settings but hardly any difference.

Last edited:
Back