Far Cry Frimal on PC worst lag (max 14 FPS, used to be 70+) same hardware.

Thanks @nRiTeCh I gave up spending more time fixing Far cry primal now.
Even the official nvidia and far cry forums have tons of questions related to same now.
FPS drops down till 8 to 14 and it becomes a pain to play the game.. some of the updates killed the entire game.

Wait hold down dont give up.
I now got the final solution after investing last night and glad it didnt go waste.:cool:

I have Asus GTX690 on latest nvidia drivers. You on 650Ti. Nvidias recommended settings for your gpu ain't high.

https://www.geforce.com/sites/defau...-playable-settings-table-gtx-600-series-3.png

The settings below will work with Farcry 3, 4 and Primal.
First head to your save game location usually: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Far Cry xx
Open GamerProfile.xml in notepad
Find these values: & set their value to 1
DisableLoadingMip0="1"
GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"

Save it.

Now head to nvidia control panel.
Disable SLI ya disable sli coz farcry series has issues with sli in fact research says nvidia itself has rather serious issues gaming on sli on many popular games as it doesnt play good on sli unlike Ati.

To disable Sli go to Configure Multi-GPU surround physx
Select Disable multi-gpu mode
PhysX settings: Auto

upload_2018-3-7_13-14-2.png

In Manage 3d settings go to Program setting. Select your Farcry exe.

In that do settings as below:
upload_2018-3-7_13-12-43.png

upload_2018-3-7_13-12-55.png

Then start the game, press Esc, Video option:

Select either High or very high settings. Now again refer to the above chart link and set the optimum recommended settings accordingly.
Custom
Set
Motion blur: off
Ambient collision: SSAO
Window mode: borderless
Vsync: off
Refresh rate: 60
Godrays: disabled
AA: off

Now fire up your mission.
That should śolve all graphics issues.
If not let me know. But the need wont arise.:)

**I started with these settings and then gradually changed the settings to ultra and then nvidia now with all AA, motion blur to its max incl. godrays to nvidia.

So first check if the above settings work good for you then experiment.;)

I will today test it on Sli mode.

Last edited:
Yes, that's right. Computers optimisation is not of high quality these days. PC games are often very slowly and fail even with good hardware, which is really sad...

Thanks a lot @nRiTeCh for going to such details to help me..
I have removed far cry primal for now.
Will switch back to windows 7 next week or tomorrow and try again with your suggestions.

Apprecaite your research,

Sorry for very late reply, got my PC cleaned 2 months back,
(there was huge dust accumulated) inside cpu heatsink/fan, all fans, specially GPU, etc. etc.

Got it cleaned from a handy friend (he charged nominal) took him 3-4 hours to clean everything properly..
He unscrewed each and every part and then fixed back..
Now far cry primal gives 60+ fps on high to medium settings + I am on Windows 7.
No more heating etc.

Can you guys please suggest some games like Fary Cry Primal ?
Getting Fary Cry 4 meanwhile..

Thanks for reading and great suggestions above.

If you have the need to scratch the itch for Ubisoft open world games check out Ghost Recon Wildlands. Pretty good in my opinion and I spent 70+ hours on the main single-player campaign and the DLCs.

Back