Fast charger - recommendations please

Hi,

Looking for a fast charger which can charge both an iPad Pro 10.5 and Pixel 2 XL simultaneously.

The iPad Pro can charge at a max rate of 30W and P2XL, a max of 18W. Unable to find any charger online which can deliver both outputs at the same time.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks !

Would it be controversial to say don't use a fast charger with either of those two products. And i mean google & Apple here.

Both use USB C. Ok, this is the REAL usb c that intel made, intel was the originator of usb and the kind that a laptop charger with an intel chip set can charge those devices as well.

What i notice is weird complaints in the google community of the pixel phone developing issues. And this is with the default charger.

Does the ipad pro charger have fast charge ? the iphone 10 charger did not but the phone is capable of fast charge.

I think usb c as in real usb c isn't appropriate for phones. Its perfectly fine with bigger devices like laptops. This means don't fast charge these devices.

I've never seen the kind of issues reported in the pixel community with the qualcom flavour of quick charge.

Qualcom usb c ain't intel usb c. Neither is any other kind of fast charging , one plus, huawei, samsung etc.

Last edited:
Qualcom usb c ain't intel usb c. Neither is any other kind of fast charging , one plus, huawei, samsung etc.

However, I have tried charging my Huawei phone with QC 3.0 and results were very close. Like 85-90% close. Can't find any power bank or car charger with Huawei fast charging from any 3rd party so had to try with QC 3 and like I said results were quite good.

However, I have tried charging my Huawei phone with QC 3.0 and results were very close. Like 85-90% close. Can't find any power bank or car charger with Huawei fast charging from any 3rd party so had to try with QC 3 and like I said results were quite good.
Huawei phones have their own fast charging protocol. i'm not familiar with how well it works with other fast charge protocols as Chipset used is different ie Kirrin.

If its close then good.

Its quite unfortunate that when companies try to stick to stds ie Google & Apple that things don't work out. Examples are the Nexus 6p and first gen pixel developed strange problems with battery after just a year and required battery changes.

Back