Few Long Pending Updates Finally Done for 4K 60Hz!!!

Its been a long time since I have upgraded anything (been nearly an year I think since I got the 5930k,and the whole 4K thingy).
The only issue is that my previous setup did 4K at a measly 30Hz (30FPS) which irritated me a lot however I was hardware limited (from GPU and Amp side) as R9 290 CF only managed 4k 30Hz via HDMI and even my Amp Onkyo TX-NR626 also supported 4k 30Hz max.

Then came NVidia with their GTX 9xx series which supported HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 and hence 4k 60Hz.
That's the time when I started planning to upgrade setup to do 4K 60Hz.
Not all stuffs purchased were a part of this not so planned 4K 60Hz upgrade.
1. MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming SLi:
Wasn't that hard a choice for the GPU as the top end Titan made no sense for the price premium as performance difference between Titan and 980Ti is not that much.

bYOATWo.jpg

Bdpmnid.jpg

With the cards installed now I am supposed to get 4K 60Hz, but alas, now the weak link in the chain is my amp :(
To bypass the same connected the PC directly with my PC however it caused issues with streaming HD audio formats.
In the meanwhile got these items:
2. Samsung NVMe 950 PRO 512GB:
soez1zD.jpg

3. Samsung Gear S2 Classic:
X2zlEIO.jpg

k8xuORf.jpg

4. Logitech G700S:
3fFUkV3.jpg

sQsc2TF.jpg

Then again that ugly troubling 4K 60Hz reared its ugly head. So off I went to my trusted dealer and first I picked up a Denon AVR-X2200W. I picked this up against the wish and advice of my dealer.
Alas, when I came back and set up everything, the audio quality was a HUGE turn off and a let down. It was worse than my out going Onkyo TX-NR626.
Called my dealer again and asked him to take back the shit.
Next day replaced it with Onkyo TX-RZ800 and boy oh boy, audio is superb and Dolby Atmos (via Onkyo SKH-410) effects are great.
lNCwMzG.jpg

4hkZUd0.jpg

gDyFGi9.jpg

So finally now I can enjoy 4K 60Hz with al;l bells and whistles.

Back